5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch
I got this watch christmas '02. It is a great watch. The indiglo is pretty bright... no problem seeing what time it is late at night. The opal face on the watch is very pretty.
Published on December 20, 2003 by Lori Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 of these did not last a year
I once considered Timex watches to be the only reliable, yet affordable, brand on the market. I need to revise that opinion.

I've purchased 3 Timex watches in as many years. The last 2 were this model, which I purchased at a "buy one, get the other at half off" sale..

Published on August 22, 2009 by Jujube

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 20, 2003
Lori Smith (Muncie Indiana) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 of these did not last a year, August 22, 2009

I simply prefer analog watches to digital and this simple, unadorned style has an uncluttered, easy to read face, as well as the battery-sapping, but useful, Indiglo feature for viewing in low light.

When the first of this model stopped working, I had the battery replaced. Unfortunately, this needs to be done by a jeweler, as the back cover can be removed, but requires a jeweler's press to put it back on.

A new battery failed to solve the problem. i returned the watch to Timex for repair under warranty. This repair was effective for only a few months before the watch stopped working again. Another new battery didn't solve the problem.

"C'est la vie," I thought, and simply began using the second watch that I'd purchased. This latest one has worked for 6 months before dying. Again, a new battery installed by a jeweler has failed to work.

I've never tested the water resistance recommendations by wearing it while showering or submerging it.

Between the 2 watches, I've spent over 40 dollars in battery replacements and shipping in less than 2 years to discover that the problem was with the watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking and easy to read; reasonably priced, October 9, 2005
So far, so good; keeps great time and is a nice size; easy to read and fashionable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, November 9, 2007
I like this watch because it is easy to read and the whole back lights up not just the hands. It makes it easier to read even when it is getting dark. You can also change just the date separate from the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars love my watch, September 19, 2007
At last -- a watch which is both comfortable to wear and easy to read, even in the dark!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, April 1, 2008
Catherine M. Tierney "Cathy T" (Saint Louis, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking for an inexpensive watch for work, that looked nice, had a 10 year battery, was reliable, and this one filled the bill. An excellent watch for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this watch, May 4, 2008
I bought this same watch from Amazon a few years ago and liked it so much I bought another one when the light got too dim to see on my old one. I like that it has numbers instead of dots like some watches have and the white face makes it easy to read. It arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for older eyes!, March 11, 2008
This is a great watch for people with older eyes. It is so easy to read. It's the second I have purchased (the indiglo function quit on my first one) and I really like it. I use the indiglo function as a quick night light when I am traveling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but date is hard to read., March 18, 2008
I'm very happy with this watch. It fits my narrow wrist and is easy to read, even in the dark because of the Indiglo feature. The date inset where the 3 would be is the only thing difficult to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reader Watch, July 17, 2008
Love it! I originally bought a Timex Easy Reader Indiglo watch about 12 years ago and loved it. After several batteries and years of daily wear, the last battery only worked for a few months. Figuring it was old and time for a new one, I bought this one. While waiting for the new one, I took the old one back to the store for a new battery. It's still working and I also have the new one.
It's easy to read the numbers and the indiglo is great. The date is a little small, but my other watch didn't have that, so I don't really use it. I recommend this watch very much!