5.0 out of 5 stars finally, digital ladies dress watch with indiglo!
Published on October 9, 2010 by Saphira2021

3.0 out of 5 stars Wristband not adjustable; large for a woman's wrist
Published on September 16, 2011 by Violinmaster

5.0 out of 5 stars finally, digital ladies dress watch with indiglo!, October 9, 2010
This review is from: Timex Women's T2N313 Core Digital Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch (Watch)
I have worn variations of this kind of watches for decades. mostly Timex and a couple of other brands. the last Timex very similar to this one finally broke (the plastic case, not the watch itself) in July. I have been desperately searching for a replacement (I went as far a emailing several manufacturers to tell them that this is a kind of watch that many women are looking for, i have seen plenty of discussions about it on different sites) and finally I gave up.
As soon as i gave up, this beauty became available.
The case is made of metal, Timex clearly got the message here. no more cheap plastic cases that break within a couple of years. very solidly built, has indiglo, the numbers are big and easy to see. date is easy to see. wish they would put a day of week as well. I like it that it comes in metal tones (not gold) as that is a more casual and elegant look. love that the watch is digital, the bracelet is solid and you can remove the links if it is too big.
i found the programming a little too difficult, but with instructions it is fine. I just expected it to be more intuitive. oh well. not perfect.
I have a very small wrist and was worried that the dial would be too big, but actually it is fine, though i still wish for a slightly smaller version.
watch is water resistant to 30 meters. very useful if you are wearing it around the kitchen.
All in all, perfect watch for me and i will buy another one just in case Timex gets any ideas to discontinue this one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I expected!, December 31, 2010
Really happy with this watch! I wish I had searched for it over a year ago, because I've always wondered if there really was a better option than plastic wristbands for digital. I decided now that I'm about to start a new job, that I had to look more professional than plastic, and this really is a great looking and performing watch.

I'm very impressed with the mode menu and settings. I'm sure some people do think it's complicated because none of them are really easy, but I've used 3 different digital watches in the last 3 weeks while shopping for this one, so I no longer even need to look at manuals. They all work more or less, by pressing through the Mode button. Well, I was quite surprised that this one feeds you instructions in letter format as you go through the mode button! "Hold SET" "Hold RST" etc. It's the only digital watch I've ever seen that does that, and therefore, I had it set in even less time than usual. (About 2 minutes.)

One more tidbit on why you should buy this watch now, if you've ever been interested in having something like this. Yesterday, I took it to the mall to have it sized. The jewelry store couldn't do it, because it's the expandable/stretchy type of metal band, but there was a place in the mall called Watch Works or something like that. The repair lady looked it over and said, "Where did you find this watch?" And I said I bought it online. She said, "I have lots of people asking for a watch like this, but they aren't making it anymore." Go figure, maybe they aren't going to be making this model in the future?!

The nice people there measured it, told me to come back in 45 minutes and that it would be $8.99. When I came back, it fit perfectly, she had bagged the extra links in case it ever broke and needed to be repaired, and then they'd polished it and WOW it was really beautiful. (Since she polished it yesterday, it has stayed as shiny and brand-new looking. Looks even nicer than when I took it out of the box.)

The tones of the metals and the shine really look much more expensive than this affordable price, and I saw watches that were way more expensive - and I didn't think looked as nice. The slight gold tone and the silver go with all the jewelry I own. Like I said, I couldn't be happier and it is even better than I expected!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amost exactly what I want :), September 25, 2011
Suz54 (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have used a Timex Expedition watch at home for years because of the countdown timer feature. Very handy for timing laundry and cooking. But the Expedition was ugly, so when the battery died the last time I bought this watch.

LIKES:
Much better looking than the Expedition!
Nice big numbers on the display.
Display lights up when alarm goes off.
Comfy expansion band. Fits my wrist perfectly. (probably too big for someone with slim wrists)
Easy to use after reading the instructions.
Alarm & timer sounds are pleasant and a bit musical - not just beeping.
Timer has a slightly different "halfway" tone for longer times.
Timer simply goes off at the end rather than every 30 seconds for the last 2 minutes like the Expedition.
Waterproof.
Reasonable price.
It's a Timex! I expect it to last a long time and not corrode.

DISLIKES:
Still a bit large for a woman's "dress watch".
Countdown timer has only preset choices: 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 45, 60 minutes.
Countdown timer does not remember the last setting, so you have to set it again each time.

Overall - I am loving this watch! It's attractive, useful, durable and affordable.

UPDATE 2013: Watch band has stretched out and will not retract. Not a common replacement so will have to call Timex.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wristband not adjustable; large for a woman's wrist, September 16, 2011
The expandable wristband on this watch is not adjustable at all, and its minimum diameter is much too big for my wife's wrist. You cannot make it smaller by removing any links. Hard to imagine why Timex made this wristband so big for a women's watch--it's more suited for a men's watch! It is otherwise an excellent and fashionable digital watch. Also, since the band attaches at the timepiece in an unusual way, finding an alternate replacement wristband would be difficult. My wife really liked the way this watch looked and worked and is disappointed to have to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TIMEX WOMEN'S WATCH, November 23, 2010
I BOUGHT THIS WATCH A FEW WEEKS AGO AND LOVE IT. THE NUMBERS ARE LARGER THAN THE USUAL DIGITAL WATCH AND THE LIGHT WORKS GREAT AND EASY TO SET. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally it is back!!!!, March 10, 2012
I waited 17 years for this watch. I'm an engineer, and I really need a digital watch for work to time tests, etc. I can't wear a man's watch, and I look silly wearing a plastc one. A middle age woman shouldn't have to wear plastic watches. It became a joke in my family when I went by a watch display. I always had to stop and see if there was a woman's digital watch that wasn't plastic and didn't look like it was on steroids. Periodically I would do a search on line for such a watch. When I saw this watch on Amazon, I immediately ordered it.
Now for the review. I really like this watch! It has an interesting feature where it tells you what button to push next for setting the watch. It is nice not having to get out the manual to reset the darn thing. It keeps time well as all digital watches do. I was afraid it would be heavy, but it isn't. The watch band is stretchable and is loose on my wrist, but surprisingly does't move around. I thought for sure I would have to get it resized. It even has a light. My last plastic one didn't. Now the bad news. It doesn't compensate for leap year. I guess they sacraficed leap year for one less counter. Also, where is the day??? I just hope that Timex will PLEASE keep making this watch. I'm telling all my women engineer friends it is finally back! We periodically lamented the old TI digital watches were gone.
It would be really nice if Timex would reissue the old clasp wrist band, but I will definitely settle for this one. It is a complement when I say I forget I have it on. AS A MOTHER and enginner would say, GOOD JOB, and keep up the good work. DO NOT STOP MAKING THIS STYLE. I waited too long for it to come back!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the watch I've been looking for, August 27, 2011
This watch is just what I've been looking for. It's the right size, and I like the combination of brushed and polished stainless steel with gold accents. It's an elegant-looking everyday watch that appears to be durable as well.

I especially like the easy-to-read face of the watch. The time display is 5/16" tall, and the date display is 3/16" tall; it's very visible, and I don't have to squint to read it. I also like that the display is uncluttered with unnecessary information; only the Date, Time, and AM/PM indicator are on the display.

It also has an expansion band, which I prefer, as it's easier to put on and more comfortable to wear than a bracelet or strap band. The band was much too large for me, but I found instructions online for removing links from (another brand) expansion watch bands. It's a persnickety process, but I managed to remove several links, and now the watch fits me snugly and comfortably.

I didn't have much trouble setting the watch, but I did end up reading the instructions. I needed a magnifying glass to read both the instructions as well as the button labels on the watch. The watch also has a timer, a stopwatch, and an alarm. I doubt I'll ever use them, but the alarm might come in handy once in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size perfect watch!!, December 1, 2010
Can always depend on Timex. Have never been disappointed in the quality and durability. Digital numbers are big enough to see with out my glasses and keeps perfect time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy mom's top choice, May 3, 2012
Looked everywhere (even high end) for a non-plastic digital for women and this is the only one around. I daily use the stopwatch to track naptime/sun-exposure duration and the timer helps with cooking, but hate to switch watches just because I put on something nice. Wish it had the old clasp wrist band (as expansion grabs my hair sometimes), but FINALLY I don't have to wear the color or black plastic options to get a useful digital. Quick web search "expansion band link removal" and my tweezers made it fit just right. Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the watch but quality is an issue., November 15, 2011
LoveCorgis (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for a watch like this for years- stylish digital watch for women that doesn't imply athletic ability. I even had the band shorten for $10 since it was too big for me. I can live with the few shortcomings that other reviewers have mentioned. However, today, after only 4 months of use, the indigo light dies on me. I looked at the warranty & I have to cover the S&H for return. That to me is irritating given that it is a quality issue. On top of that, I bought a boy's digital watch (he's 10) and the little button for the indigo light fell out after a few weeks. There is certainly a quality issue based on these experiences.

Rate and Discover Movies