4.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch so much I bought it 3 times
Published 19 months ago by Anne Boardman

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Beast
First, having very poor sight, I really appreciate Timex' easy reader watches, which can be read without being huge. I had my last one for about 10 years, and am only replacing it because the finish has faded, (and it needs a battery).

Published on March 30, 2007 by JR

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Beast, March 30, 2007
This review is from: Timex Women's T2H381 Easy-Reader Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch (Watch)

This watch has a perfect face, for me. While I can't read the date, it's nice to know it's there, and it's good looking. Even my husband, who notices nothing, commented on how nice the watch is. (Boy, was I surprised!) Now for the beastly part. The band scratches and leaves marks on my wrist. Now, my wrist is NOT huge, it's 6 1/4". The band isn't stretched at all when it's on. Timex did something very smart when they made bands that are easily adjustable. Unfortunately that left them with a rough finish. I'm thinking of exchanging it for a different band on a similar face.

All that being said, it's kept perfect time for the two days I've had it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch so much I bought it 3 times, December 11, 2012
I do love the styling of this watch. I've bought it 3 times in the last 30 years except this time it has a calendar. I've road tested them in multiple adventure travel situations where other watches would have faltered and it spends ample time stuck wrist deep into my garden soil. People sometimes expect watches to last a lifetime but for the price, a decade is fine by me. And they never actually died by then - they would need both a new band and a battery and the price would be close to a new one. I have a small wrist (6 inches) so this fits just right but I if you're much bigger than that, I would be concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, good looks, reliable, November 24, 2012
This is the closest to a Timex I wore everywhere for at least 10yrs before it quit. I work nights as an RN, and this one is even easier to read than the old one, also the indigo lightup feature is excellent for seeing in a patient rooms at night. I use the same watch everywhere I go, not just for work. I really like the expansion band for ease and speed of putting on. Haven't tried to use the date feature yet, it is very small, I don't even need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch, October 20, 2009
I purchased this Timex watch for my Mom who is 89 years old. She likes it because it has larger numbers and she can push a button and it lights up so she can see the time. It's a good product for a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate, October 24, 2008
I like the large numbers, the watch is plain, simple and is perfectly adequate if you are happy with just being able to see the time. Which is perfect for me. I don't need all the bells and whistles. A watch is just a watch. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this trim style & easy readability, June 13, 2010
I actually purchased this watch at a fine jewelery store...at a much heftier price! So when I decided to check Amazon's watch department, I was not as pleased with my purchase as I had been. But it's a waste of energy to cry over spilled milk, my mother always told me, so I'll limit the whining.

I thought I'd review it, anyway, because I really like this watch for all the reasons stated in Amazon's product description (stainless steel, two-tone, white dial, black hands, etc.)...and more! I think the thin band and style of this watch is modern, simple and elegant, but what I like best is that it's easy to read, I can wear it in the pool and since it's both silver and gold, it complements most of my jewelry. Another plus is that Timex is a trusted brand that's been around since I was a kid, and that was long ago... lol

Timex Women's T2H491 Easy Reader Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch is not an expensive watch, by any means, but it suits me and my lifestyle.

I highly recommend this watch and Amazon's new watch department. Five stars, any old time. (pun intended)

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 13, 2010
Author of "Dream Reachers" (with Chase Von) and other books

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer reliable, October 29, 2008
Booklover "wrytermom" (SoCal, United States) - See all my reviews
I owned a watch identical to this for years until I lost it at the gym last spring. I replaced it in April because I love its features: big, clear numbers, indiglo dial, water resistant, date, metal band, easily taken on and off for swimming.

I thought it was my fault that it got water in it and then died. I don't think any watch that is labelled water "resistant" should be expected to last through a full day in a huge wave pool. So I returned to Wal-Mart and bought another one.

Now it, too, is dead. I even thought I put the old watch back on by accident after washing the dishes. I haven't done anything differently than I did with the original one that I owned. This watch simply is no longer water resistant. It will not last through normal handwashing and other daily activities. Disappointing. This used to be a well-designed, reliable watch for both everyday and dress-up wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Easy Reader Does the Job, October 23, 2009
This was actually the second one of these watches I bought for my mom. She wore the first one for 10+ years until it wouldn't tick any more. This one arrived quickly, was beautifully packaged, and was the same great-looking watch as the original. She particularly appreciates the large, white, easy-to-read face that lights up if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only nit-picky complaints for this watch., December 7, 2007
It's a fine watch for the price. My only complaint is that there are teeny tiny little marks between the numbered ones, so small I can't even focus on them to count them. So instead of helping to know the minute, they actually obscure the fact. If there was exactly one mark per minute, or if the minute marks were a little larger, it would be exactly the watch I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but I'm torn..., July 21, 2013
This shorter band version, model T2H381, is the one for those of us with small wrists. If you're at all "normal" you want the other model T2H491. That said, I received the watch in July in hot weather and the small band fits me just fine during the day; a little loose in the cooler evenings and mornings; may be too loose come winter? The band is very pretty, but a little wider than I normally like. I prefer expansion bands to any other (clasps unlatch and straps are a nuisance for me) so this style fills that bill. The face is easy to read, the second hand is always a welcome feature. Why Timex bothered to put a teensy-tiny date window on it is a mystery! The case is larger than I like but I decided to give it a try since I had purchased an emergency watch from WalMart that was only a skosh smaller and it was acceptable. However, that emergency watch was black and rather unobtrusive; this one is a tad larger and is stark white and very noticeable; takes up so much of my wrist. So keep that in mind if you are petite and don't want a large watch face and band taking up your wrist. I dropped one star because overall it's rather more manly-looking wearing it than it appears on the Amazon screen (yes, I did look for this model in all the local stores that carryTimex, to try to see one before ordering from Amazon; unsuccessful for this watch). I went ahead with the purchase, even being unsure about the size, because Timex is a known, dependable brand and the price was too good to pass it up. I'll wear this until/unless I find something worthy to replace it.

P.S. - my first Indiglo and I sure appreciate this feature - another reason I decided to buy without being able to try one first.

Rate and Discover Movies