5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I am training for the London Marathon and this watch is just what I needed. It's so easy to use, especially when you are running, and records splits too!

I would recommend this watch to anyone who needs a sports watch to record split times.

The Indiglo feature is really cool too in that the actual numbers light up and not the whole watch face...
Published on March 28, 2007 by K. Jeakins

I purchased this watch and have worn it daily for about 2 years and 3 months. I am disappointed in this watch's face and watchband materials. I also don't like the way it lights in the dark.

First of all, the purple color peeled/deteriorated to silver rather quickly, before the first year was up, I think.

After two years, the watchband retainer...
Published on June 19, 2008 by Rebecca

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Materials don't hold up very well after two years of daily wear, June 19, 2008
Rebecca (Rhode Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Women's T5E971 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Silver-Tone/Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)

After two years, the watchband retainer (that keeps the extra length of strap in place) broke.

Today, I noticed that the watchband had broken at the notch - completely through on one side, and half torn on the other. I am attempting to superglue it but won't know for a day or two if that repair will be enough to keep it together - and I'm leaving for a long trip just after that, so this is even more worrisome.

As an initial impression, I did not like (and have never grown accustomed to) the way the Indiglo light worked. Primarily, this type of watch lights up the numbers rather than the face, and it is too dim and shuts off too quickly. This watch is supposed to light up when you shake your wrist, but I rarely used this feature.

The alarm and functions are pretty good, and I don't believe I've had to replace the battery so far. Also, the buttons have not failed as they did with previous Timex women's watches I owned.

I expect a watch's materials to hold up longer than 1-2 years. However, for under forty dollars, I guess I probably got what I paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 28, 2007

One other feature that I really like is that the band that you slip the end of the strap through to hold it in place actually has a little nubbin on it that holds it in place along the strap. On all my other sports watches the band always slipped off the strap and the strap would get caught on my clothing.

Just a warning though, the purple is not really that purple, but if you look closely you can tell. As I was more interested in the functionality of the watch, it doesn't really matter to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my old one!!, April 27, 2009
Fishkiss (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch as a replacement for my old Women's Ironman watch that was purchased around 1998. Because that watch lasted so long (it actually still works) I knew I would stick with the Ironman line and I could still enjoy an upgraded product. I have used this new watch to train and complete a sprint triathlon, and I look forward to many more years' use. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars color depends on the light, January 12, 2007
the color of the watch appears differently depending on the lighting. i can see where the previous reviewer was disappointed that it was not quite as lavender as it appeared in the picture, but i really enjoy the subtlety of the color. it's a nice silver with a girl-ish lavender kick, which is exactly what i was looking for. i love how the numbers light up lavender as well.

i had a very similar model of this watch in blue that lasted me three years (of competitive running and weekly pool workouts) before it was stolen. although during that time, some of the silver on it began to chip off, i am admittedly not the gentlest of watch-users. my sister, however, has the same watch and used it under the same conditions, and it is still working and none of the paint has flecked off.

so far, i am very much enjoying this watch. i have gotten several compliments on it and smile every time i see it on my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, January 30, 2009
Color is paler than the photo - but works great and it was just what I wanted...

5.0 out of 5 stars Tmex Watch, August 4, 2008
I wear this every day and shower in it as well as wash dishes. It is holding up well, and it even tells me what day of the week it is! If anything ever happens to this one, I will certaily buy another.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Graet Watch but A Wrong Picture, September 26, 2007
Hi,

I have to say this is a great watch with all the useful functions. I especially love the 3-time-zone function for someone like me who travels a bit and has families oversea. However, I have to agree with a previous review regarding the color of the watch. The color of the watch I receive is totally different from what it is shown on Amazon.com. Honestly, there is only two colors I can tell - sliver and black. There is no purple as far as I can tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's favorite watch ever!, April 5, 2007
I got this watch for my wife and she absolutely loves it! She likes the color, the way the band feels on her wrist, the fact that she can program it herself, and that it's not "too sporty". She likes it so much that she sleeps with it on and basically only takes it off when she takes a shower... Sometimes it seems like she likes that watch more than me! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Women's Watch, November 30, 2007
Nice watch, and the frame is a little bigger than the older version. The picture also makes it look a little more purple or lavender than it actually is. But all in all a very nice watch and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, March 25, 2014
I needed a replacement watch, and this one totally fits the bill. I want the day and date, as well as the time, of course, and the alarm will come in handy when I travel. The size is appropriate for my less than useful eyes, and I like the Indiglo feature as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›