5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Black Leather Easy-Reader Indiglo Watch
I love this watch and I trust the brand name! The quality is outstanding. Where as I am older now the "Easy-Reader" helps me to see the time at a quick view. The indiglo helps to view the time at night where ever I am.
Published on December 19, 2005 by D. Morrison

3.0 out of 5 stars watch worked for 4 years before stopping
This watch worked for 3-4 years before it started to slow down and stop randomly. Now it is useless (Yes, the watch does have a fresh battery). I have been very careful with it -- never went near water with the watch even though it is supposed to be water-safe.

Published on October 27, 2006 by a reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Black Leather Easy-Reader Indiglo Watch, December 19, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch, November 3, 2006
Elna Wilke (Mt. Prospect, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Watch face has numbers large enough to read, and the light makes it easy in any conditions. I also like the adjustability of the leather band, as I have a small wrist and tend to lose other types of jewelry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 27, 2006
It's a classic look.

I am tired of all the flash and flounce of new watches. this watch has all I need: basic roman numbers, a second hand, a face the size of a nickle trimmed with modest gold colour. Bravo to timex!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read Watch, April 12, 2008
E. Jackson (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This watch is very feminine for small wrists, and yet has very large numbers so it is extremely easy to read even from a distance. By pushing the button when it is dark, the face lights up so you can read it in the dark as well. I have very poor eyesight, and it is difficult to find a small watch with numbers that are easy to read. I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase, and at such a reasonable price!

3.0 out of 5 stars watch worked for 4 years before stopping, October 27, 2006

The leather band broke after 2 years. Then I had to repurchase one leather band each year. So, it might be cheaper to stick with a metal band to start with.

2 seiko watches in my family have worked for 20 years, and are still going strong and accurate. If the timex breaks every 4 years, then it really is cheaper in the long run to get a good watch that would last a long time.

But the timex is cheap. If you want something that lasts a couple of years, then this is pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, only serious problem is early Indiglo burn-out, February 19, 2010
I prefer to patronize real, local stores to ensure they keep their doors open. But for whatever reason, these don't seem to be available that way any more, even in this major metro area, so I'm resorting to online, which has always been less expensive, but my consciousness re "what am I supporting by my spending choices?" comes first; alas, no feasible choice here.
These watches work forever, w/ periodic battery replacement. I only keep buying new ones because I lose them here and there ;-( . Two things I *don't* like are that (1) the Indiglo feature poops out after 1-1/2 to 2 years -- and I don't even use it that often; and (2) the moveable, second loop that holds the band in place is flimsy and, despite good care, usually breaks within a year. Solution to the band loop problem? I have small wrists, don't really need it; I just cut the band shorter (1/2" longer than buckle), bevel the cut edges to disguise them, stain the cut ends black to match using a magic marker, then carefully glue the whole business w/ cyanoacrylic glue (e.g., SuperGlue) so the layers don't separate.
BTW, I found one 1-1/2 years after losing it. It was still running, had lost maybe 2 minutes in all that time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, January 4, 2007
This is a wonderful little watch with big numbers. I love it. It was reasonably priced and it arrived in just a few days. It's perfect for work because I can see the time at a quick glance.

2.0 out of 5 stars TIMEX Didn't Last, November 2, 2009
I bought this TIMEX Indiglo watch for my wife less than two years ago, and in less than 18 months it quit working properly. The second hand sticks, and even moves backwards sometimes, when between the 6 and 8 on the watch face - causing the watch to constantly loose time at the rate of 12 to 15 seconds per minute. This, oviously, makes the watch useless, and the one-year warantee is equally useless. I replaced the battery, but that didn't help. Very disappointing for a watch from a company that did, at one time, make more reliable watches. The two stars I gave it are on the generous side.

4.0 out of 5 stars A watch I can read without my glasses, March 26, 2007
I am pleased with the watch - I can actually see this easily - even without my glasses. The lighted dial is convenient in dim/dark areas. I think the strap is not particularly attractive and will probably replace shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great watch, November 10, 2006
Just want to say that I looked high and low for a watch that looked nice and that I could SEE.

I love this watch for its clear numbers and black "hands" on a white face.

I don't have to fight to read the time anymore, one glance and I've got it.

It is a nice size, not too big to look cumbersome.

I am very pleased.