4.0 out of 5 stars Timex watch
Published on April 1, 2011 by Janet

1.0 out of 5 stars Lemon of a design
Published on June 5, 2006 by Scarlet Memphis

1.0 out of 5 stars Lemon of a design, June 5, 2006
This review is from: Timex Women's T2H331 Easy Reader Black Leather Strap Watch (Watch)
I'm on my second defective watch of this style, having just exchanged the first one. The first watch worked fine for a couple of months, and then the date stopped advancing. Sometimes I could get the date to advance by pulling the stem all the way out and adjusting the time, and sometimes the date wouldn't budge except when the stem was halfway out. Once reset, the date might advance for a couple of days before stopping again, or it might not advance at all - it was hit or miss. The watch did always keep time, and the Indiglo feature always worked. I exchanged it for a new watch of the same style, and this second watch stops every night at 11:15. My guess is that this is when the date starts to advance. When I wake up in the morning I can advance the time and the date forward and reset it by pulling the stem all the way out, and then it will tell the time during the day but it will usually stop again the next evening at 11:15. Once it stopped at 2:30 or somewhere thereabouts, but it usually stops at 11:15. Again, the Indiglo feature works fine. I like the styling and big numbers, but having a watch that doesn't tell time kind of defeats the purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have listened to others reviews, July 29, 2009
I purchased this watch as a gift for my sister-in-law. The customer reviews I read said it was junk, but I really liked the style of black letters on white face, leather strap - just right for a nurse. True to form it broke in the first month. She had to send it away for repair. Don't take the chance!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, August 13, 2006
I have had to replace the band twice and the date function no longer works. I only bought this watch less than 3 months ago. Not a typical Timex product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex watch, April 1, 2011
I love this watch as the face is so easy to read although I ignore the date as that is too small for me to see most of the time and it's a pain to set. The watch strap is very long so if you have a small wrist, the extra length is a nuisance. I'm a swimmer and I've found that it's simpler to replace the watch than to replace the battery - I've never had success as once the watch is opened up to change the battery, it doesn't seal effectively and water gets in and after a few weeks there is so much condensation under the glass that I can't tell the time. I've had about 6 of these watches - and and will probably continue to buy them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died within one week., August 26, 2008
I hate to give one star, but there's not much else one can do after a product lasts for about five days. I bought the men's style of this watch back in January, and I really enjoyed it. It looks very good, and seemed to be sufficiently waterproof, as is claimed. My girlfriend also liked my watch, and needed a new one, so when I went back to the States I bought her one. About four days later, hers got water in the case, and soon thereafter died. Worse yet, my own watch died several days later. So out of two watches of this style, the average lifespan is about four months. I know it has a warranty, but as I am now in Brazil, it would be impossible for me to ship it both ways without paying more than the value of the watch. Sad, as the design is very pleasing on the eyes and I enjoyed mine for the first few months.

Christoph Berenotto

1.0 out of 5 stars Watchband is junk, July 3, 2013
The watchband broke after two months of normal use! I wish I'd paid attention to previous reviews! The indiglo is great but what good is it if it doesn't stay on your wrist???

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have listened to the reviews..., June 1, 2011
I should have listened when I saw that this got poor reviews, but I thought the watch looked like one I had owned previously without problems so I went ahead and ordered it anyway. I have to say I have been extremely disappointed. Within a week, the top layer on what is supposed to be a leather band had completely peeled off of half the watch. I love the look, but the quality is terrible. Definitely look for something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last a month..., December 5, 2013
Sadly, this product is substandard. I love the size, the feel, everything about it EXCEPT that it is defective. I had it just over a month when it stopped keeping time. I thought it was the battery, although a brand new watch with a brand new battery should last more than a month! I had a new battery installed. The watch kept time for two days and then started slowing down. It will not keep time correctly. It died just AFTER the return period, so now I have a pretty paperweight. Keep shopping for another brand of watch as Timex is not the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving., November 22, 2013
Almost from the beginning, it didn't keep time. I don't understand the problem. It's such a simple design, I thought it would be trouble free, but I was wrong. I'm donating it, hoping someone else might have better luck with it. Incidentally, the leather strap is only leather on top.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Watch, October 17, 2013
Angela D. Penrose (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
This is actually my second one, so I suppose the review is for the first one I bought a couple of years ago. The watch itself worked fine for my purposes. Other reviews have ragged on the date setting not working, but I don't care about that and never even set it, much less noticed it wasn't tracking properly. Or maybe it was; I don't know. It kept time perfectly, though, which is what I bought it for, and I like the Indiglow feature a lot. I pretty much never want to buy a watch I can't read in the dark ever again.

The -1 star is for the band. The loops on the band wore down, and eventually fell off, first the floating loop and later the fixed loop. I didn't care at first, but having an inch and a quarter of leather strap end just hanging out there, catching on things, proved to be annoying. This was the whole reason I replaced the watch, but two years of wear for a twenty-dollar watch is fine with me, so I got another one just like it. My husband took the old one and is going to see if he can find a cheap strap for it; if so, I'll have two, so that's fine.

Looking back, the unusual wear on the loops is probably because I never took the watch off when I washed my hands or did dishes, and getting it wet made it more susceptible to wear and abrasion. Again, it's a twenty-dollar watch; I don't plan to change my habits for the new one. If you take it off whenever you're going to get your hands wet, I imagine the band will last you a lot longer.

As you can tell, I'm not a terribly discriminating consumer of wristwatches; I'm all about functionality, and give no damns about fashion. If you're interested in sleek-chic whatever, you'll probably want to ignore this review. If you just want to be able to tell what time it is at any time of the day or night, for a couple of years at least, without spending a lot of money, then IMO this is a great watch.