Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 26, 2009
This would have been a great buy at five times the price, it looks so classy and well-made, and looks especially good for an easy-reader watch. Unlike an earlier reviewer, mine has an excellent wristband (maybe in two years they've upgraded them), and it's just long enough for me to use. I have big wrists and either have to buy men's watches, which I don't like to do, or replace the women's regular length band for a women's long. I've given up trying any watches that aren't easy-reader and which don't have indiglo. I just wish Timex would make this watch with an attractive gold tone adjustable bracelet; the expansion bands they have look cheap and are so tight they pinch.
44 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2006
The timepiece itself is clean, simple, and elegant--it's a shame that the band doesn't match its quality. The band which comes with the watch is faux leather, which feels cheap and scratchy. I also had the loop which holds the band in place break after 2 days. I like the watch itself, but if you buy this, I would definitely plan on replacing the watchband with a nicer one. The added expense to replace the band may not make this watch such a great value. It's really a shame for the price that they couldn't give you a better quality, genuine leather watchband.
on October 30, 2010
I have loved this watch. I have a small wrist and have a difficult time finding a watch with a small band,even stretch bands are too big. This watch has held up at work-I am a nurse and have gone through many watches due to breakage etc. This watch is petite and looks nice. I will buy another one like this one when I need another watch.
on August 22, 2009
I've had this watch for about 15 months now and it keeps losing time. I've replaced the battery twice and it has not helped the problem. It started losing time 6-8 months ago at a rate of a few minutes a month, then a few minutes a week, and in the last few days it has lost several hours overnight. The band was also fairly cheap - I replaced it a few months ago and may have replaced it once before that - I'm not sure. I see the warranty is for 1 year, and I've spent enough time and money dealing with this thing that I'm just going to get a new watch - it sure won't be this model! Also, the battery cover was *very* difficult to replace (too tight) when I changed the battery. I had to take it to a jeweler to get the back cover on. All in all, I've invested way more in batteries, band, and labor than the original watch cost. Good lesson for me.
on July 13, 2006
First, the little leather loop to hold the excess strap came off when I put the watch on for the second time. Then, the buckle came off the third time I tried to put it on. The watch piece is great, but the band I got was useless.
on September 1, 2009
Maybe like me your reading is getting a little harder without glasses. If so and you want a great casual watch for everyday, this is the one for you. I love it! The band is nice and long so I don't have to use only the first hole. It has a leather upper with some other material next to skin...it is quite comfortable. The bands holding the end are very sturdy. Best of all, I can see the time without getting out my readers!! Go for it!
on June 11, 2007
I wear it to bed and can see what time it is in the middle of the night, which makes me happy. But they die easily and this is probably my 8th or 10th in 15 years.
on September 25, 2009
Love this watch, for the price it's the best. Easy to read numbers, date, and indiglo at night... what more could you want? Simplicity at its best! Best of all, the band was LONG ENOUGH for my larger wrist, yet has lots of holes so even the smallest wrist could wear it. 9" long end-to-end. LOVE this watch.
on August 9, 2015
I didn't know Timex still made this watch. It was my favorite watch and I have owned two of them in the past. The numbers are clear and easy to read. The watchband is sturdy and won't break as easily as some of the cheaper watches I have bought in the last few years. Also the band is long. I have bought watches which I had to wear on the largest hole and found that annoying. Like having the second hand but best of all the Indiglo. For some reason when I awaken in the middle of the night I want to know what time it is as soon as I open my eyes. The electronic clocks that have numbers glowing all the time can be annoying when I am trying to fall asleep. I was happily surprised that this watch was still available. It's a good quality watch and I can wear it everyday but leave it on when I am dressed up as well.
on July 14, 2013
I love the watch. Easy to read during the day and night. The band that comes with it
is a LONG length band. WAY too long. It is stiff and doesn't want to bend. The need to fasten it every day has created 3 areas where is it going to break soon.

Cutting off the extra piece with the holes does not solve the problem, as the piece with the buckle is too long also. As a result the watch continually moves off center of my wrist.

You will definitely need to buy a replacement band for comfort, quality and proper fit.

Very upsetting that Timex has chosen a band of this poor quality, AND not labeled it as a LONG sized band!