4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for modest price.
Published on July 12, 2012 by Maizie Lucille James

2.0 out of 5 stars Wristband too small; Amazons look elswhere.
Published on August 24, 2012 by photohobo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for modest price., July 12, 2012
This review is from: Timex Women's T2J761 Easy Reader Brown Leather Strap Casual Watch (Watch)
I needed to replace a very good casual watch I had for many years that was similar in style and size to the Timex I purchased. The watch I owned had a large round face trimmed in gold, and was easily readable. Also, the leather band was of high quality. However, at this time, I could not afford a similar watch of the make and style I wanted. And, I did not want anything gaudy or too decorated.

I searched in stores, and didn't find what I wanted. Then I decided to search on Amazon.

The Timex Women's 'Easy Reader Watch' was quite satisfactory because the face of the watch is easy to read. I didn't expect the watch band to be of a very good quality leather, however the watch band that comes with it is certainly far better than a faux leather band. Also, the band is long enough to fit around my wrist, considering the weight I've gained.

This is my first Timex watch. I like the it for its simplicity and functionality. Although it's not a higher-priced Seiko like the one I owned, I'm very pleased.

If you need an inexpensive casual watch, the Timex Women's Core Easy Reader is probably a good choice.

Maizie Lucille James
July 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking for anyday, February 18, 2013
To be honest, I didn't expect at first before I placed this order, I just like to stay on my budget.
Once I got this watch and tried it, it is so lovely, very light on my little wrist and very easy to read (especially when you are older than 50's).Easy to set the time too.

I have this watch everyday and everywhere I go, AMAZING TIMEX, I'm glad I purchase this one and will recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, August 14, 2011
this is a great watch for someone who is near-sighted. the black-on-white dial is very easy to read. the band is slightly longer than other similar watches i've ordered. the camel brown color was as pictured.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wristband too small; Amazons look elswhere., August 24, 2012
This watch is very pretty; the color is true to what you see on your monitor. The numerals look slightly old-fashioned (which I like) and the illumination is just the right brightness when you need to tell the time in the dark. Unfortunately, the wristband is very small. Almost child-sized. For reference, my wrist is nearly 7.5 inches around and I could barely get this watch on using the last loop. (Thanks for making me feel like Godzilla, Timex, just because I like to work out!) If you are petite and fine-boned like my niece (with delicate, bird-like bone structure), this watch is awfully pretty and will most likely look darling and fit you just fine. However, if you're the least bit athletic, look elsewhere. You shouldn't have to buy another wristband just to wear your brand new watch, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, November 15, 2012
I had a Timex Indiglo watch for about 10 years. It always worked great until I forgot to take it off before getting into the hot tub. So when I looked for a replacement I wanted one very similar. I actually like this one better as the numbers are larger and easier to read (I'm getting older). The date opening is actually too small to be useful but that's not what I got it for. It is my everyday watch and although I have a couple of nicer watches for dress, I probably won't even use them. The dial is clear and plain which does not interfere with seeing the numbers, another positive. I am so glad that I could find a watch that was exactly what I wanted. Great job Timex!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch at a Great price!, November 2, 2011
I wear this Easy Reader watch every day, and love the classic design and reliability. The Gold Brown Embroidered strap is very attractive, goes with every outfit and is comfortable to wear.
I've owned a women's Timex Easy Reader watch in the past, but now they've made the band slightly longer than previously. I have a narrow wrist and preferred the shorter length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, August 6, 2012
It is a simple design, nothing exotic about it, but it is SO easy to read. Don't you hate watches that look so beautiful, but you can hardly see what time it is because they have silver hands on a silver face? I love this one because it's practical and I wear it a lot!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars The date funtion stopped working, February 21, 2013
This is a beautiful watch that has handled well in very cold weather in Yellowstone, hot weather in Arizona and humid weather in Mississippi. However, about 1.5 months after I got it (and before I left Yellowstone) the date function stopped working. This was one of the main reasons I purchased this watch. I was very disappointed that this broke so quickly. The time-telling function has been working just fine. The gold and light brown work well together, though the brown has darkened over time due to the fact that it is leather. It is easy to read and I love that it lights up. Over all, I like this watch. I just wish that it hadn't broken shortly after I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, July 10, 2012
this is a wonderful watch, it's louder than I thought it would be and sometimes it gets annoying but it is a nurses watch after all. The light is very bright and the numbers are large and easy to read. downside is setting it but that's a one-time thing, you have to keep turning the dial since that's all there is to it...I got mine on the 28th so I had to keep twisting for 10 minutes. if the month switches you have to change it on your watch too. not a big deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars indiglo watch, October 6, 2012
This watch has a large easy to read face, and the indiglo feature is much brighter than my old watch. Makes it easier to track how often I wake up in the middle of the night. My only complaint is that the holes in the wristband aren't aligned with the size of my wrist, so the watch tends to travel around my wrist all day instead of staying in place. I guess this is something you can't know until you have worn it for a while.