Color: Honey Brown/Gold-Tone|Change

on July 12, 2012
I needed to replace a very good casual watch I had for many years that was similar in style and size to the Timex I purchased. The watch I owned had a large round face trimmed in gold, and was easily readable. Also, the leather band was of high quality. However, at this time, I could not afford a similar watch of the make and style I wanted. And, I did not want anything gaudy or too decorated.

I searched in stores, and didn't find what I wanted. Then I decided to search on Amazon.

The Timex Women's 'Easy Reader Watch' was quite satisfactory because the face of the watch is easy to read. I didn't expect the watch band to be of a very good quality leather, however the watch band that comes with it is certainly far better than a faux leather band. Also, the band is long enough to fit around my wrist, considering the weight I've gained.

This is my first Timex watch. I like the it for its simplicity and functionality. Although it's not a higher-priced Seiko like the one I owned, I'm very pleased.

If you need an inexpensive casual watch, the Timex Women's Core Easy Reader is probably a good choice.

Maizie Lucille James
July 12, 2012
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2003
I got this watch christmas '02. It is a great watch. The indiglo is pretty bright... no problem seeing what time it is late at night. The opal face on the watch is very pretty.
11 comment|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2009
I once considered Timex watches to be the only reliable, yet affordable, brand on the market. I need to revise that opinion.

I've purchased 3 Timex watches in as many years. The last 2 were this model, which I purchased at a "buy one, get the other at half off" sale..

I simply prefer analog watches to digital and this simple, unadorned style has an uncluttered, easy to read face, as well as the battery-sapping, but useful, Indiglo feature for viewing in low light.

When the first of this model stopped working, I had the battery replaced. Unfortunately, this needs to be done by a jeweler, as the back cover can be removed, but requires a jeweler's press to put it back on.

A new battery failed to solve the problem. i returned the watch to Timex for repair under warranty. This repair was effective for only a few months before the watch stopped working again. Another new battery didn't solve the problem.

"C'est la vie," I thought, and simply began using the second watch that I'd purchased. This latest one has worked for 6 months before dying. Again, a new battery installed by a jeweler has failed to work.

I've never tested the water resistance recommendations by wearing it while showering or submerging it.

Between the 2 watches, I've spent over 40 dollars in battery replacements and shipping in less than 2 years to discover that the problem was with the watches.
55 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
To be honest, I didn't expect at first before I placed this order, I just like to stay on my budget.
Once I got this watch and tried it, it is so lovely, very light on my little wrist and very easy to read (especially when you are older than 50's).Easy to set the time too.

I have this watch everyday and everywhere I go, AMAZING TIMEX, I'm glad I purchase this one and will recommend to friends.
on June 26, 2009
This would have been a great buy at five times the price, it looks so classy and well-made, and looks especially good for an easy-reader watch. Unlike an earlier reviewer, mine has an excellent wristband (maybe in two years they've upgraded them), and it's just long enough for me to use. I have big wrists and either have to buy men's watches, which I don't like to do, or replace the women's regular length band for a women's long. I've given up trying any watches that aren't easy-reader and which don't have indiglo. I just wish Timex would make this watch with an attractive gold tone adjustable bracelet; the expansion bands they have look cheap and are so tight they pinch.
44 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
I had a Timex Indiglo watch for about 10 years. It always worked great until I forgot to take it off before getting into the hot tub. So when I looked for a replacement I wanted one very similar. I actually like this one better as the numbers are larger and easier to read (I'm getting older). The date opening is actually too small to be useful but that's not what I got it for. It is my everyday watch and although I have a couple of nicer watches for dress, I probably won't even use them. The dial is clear and plain which does not interfere with seeing the numbers, another positive. I am so glad that I could find a watch that was exactly what I wanted. Great job Timex!
on November 9, 2007
I like this watch because it is easy to read and the whole back lights up not just the hands. It makes it easier to read even when it is getting dark. You can also change just the date separate from the time.
on August 14, 2011
this is a great watch for someone who is near-sighted. the black-on-white dial is very easy to read. the band is slightly longer than other similar watches i've ordered. the camel brown color was as pictured.
on April 1, 2008
I was looking for an inexpensive watch for work, that looked nice, had a 10 year battery, was reliable, and this one filled the bill. An excellent watch for the money.
on August 6, 2012
It is a simple design, nothing exotic about it, but it is SO easy to read. Don't you hate watches that look so beautiful, but you can hardly see what time it is because they have silver hands on a silver face? I love this one because it's practical and I wear it a lot!!!