Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Honey Brown/Gold-Tone|Change

on July 12, 2012
I needed to replace a very good casual watch I had for many years that was similar in style and size to the Timex I purchased. The watch I owned had a large round face trimmed in gold, and was easily readable. Also, the leather band was of high quality. However, at this time, I could not afford a similar watch of the make and style I wanted. And, I did not want anything gaudy or too decorated.

I searched in stores, and didn't find what I wanted. Then I decided to search on Amazon.

The Timex Women's 'Easy Reader Watch' was quite satisfactory because the face of the watch is easy to read. I didn't expect the watch band to be of a very good quality leather, however the watch band that comes with it is certainly far better than a faux leather band. Also, the band is long enough to fit around my wrist, considering the weight I've gained.

This is my first Timex watch. I like the it for its simplicity and functionality. Although it's not a higher-priced Seiko like the one I owned, I'm very pleased.

If you need an inexpensive casual watch, the Timex Women's Core Easy Reader is probably a good choice.

Maizie Lucille James
July 12, 2012
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
I am a vet student, and wanted a simple, professional looking watch to allow me to easily obtain heart rates, etc. without having to pull out my cell phone. This watch fits the bill perfectly. Small and delicate, yet easy to read. Very lightweight and comfortable to wear... I hardly even notice I'm wearing it. The second hand actually "ticks" with each second, which I like... it doesn't move continuously like some watches I have seen. This makes it a lot easier to count seconds. The date display is handy, but you do have to remember to reset it every month. Indiglo lights up the entire face of the watch for easy reading in the dark.

The only thing I wish were different about this watch is that there are so many notches between the numbers on the display that they are pretty much useless... I would prefer that there were 5 notches for each section to make it easier to read the minute hand. Personal preference, though.

I disagree with the reviews complaining that this watch has a child-sized wristband. I found it to be pretty average. I am in my mid 20s and have a somewhat slender wrist, but by no means is it pencil thin, and I fit comfortably in the third or fourth setting from the smallest. At the largest setting, I can easily slide the watch over my whole hand. If you are a woman with an average build, this band should fit just fine.
review image review image review image
on December 20, 2003
I got this watch christmas '02. It is a great watch. The indiglo is pretty bright... no problem seeing what time it is late at night. The opal face on the watch is very pretty.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2009
I don't wear watches much except to work, and as a nurse I use it lots. When the date on my last watch broke I was forced to find a new one. I searched all over for a watch with a small face, white band, and date. I love the look of this watch and the ability to light up the face, and it shipped very quickly. When I got it, I noticed that it said "genuine leather upper" on the band. I'm no watch expert but I think that means that only the upper part of the band is actually leather, so I was a little worried about it lasting as long as my last watch (which said "genuine leather"), but the price was great so I figured it would be ok.
What I like is that it is easy to set, easy to read and nice looking. What I don't like is that the face is a little deep, and the wrist strap is extremely long. I have small wrists and the extra strap goes all the way around and almost touches the face on the other side.
Since I have been wearing it, I have noticed that the sliding part that is supposed to keep the extra band down is already seeming to stretch out and doesn't really stay put. Also, if I work 3 or 4 days in a row my wrist gets a little red and itchy. Since most of my problems are with the band I am considering getting a new one, but so far it has not bothered me enough for me to actually go through with it.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2009
I once considered Timex watches to be the only reliable, yet affordable, brand on the market. I need to revise that opinion.

I've purchased 3 Timex watches in as many years. The last 2 were this model, which I purchased at a "buy one, get the other at half off" sale..

I simply prefer analog watches to digital and this simple, unadorned style has an uncluttered, easy to read face, as well as the battery-sapping, but useful, Indiglo feature for viewing in low light.

When the first of this model stopped working, I had the battery replaced. Unfortunately, this needs to be done by a jeweler, as the back cover can be removed, but requires a jeweler's press to put it back on.

A new battery failed to solve the problem. i returned the watch to Timex for repair under warranty. This repair was effective for only a few months before the watch stopped working again. Another new battery didn't solve the problem.

"C'est la vie," I thought, and simply began using the second watch that I'd purchased. This latest one has worked for 6 months before dying. Again, a new battery installed by a jeweler has failed to work.

I've never tested the water resistance recommendations by wearing it while showering or submerging it.

Between the 2 watches, I've spent over 40 dollars in battery replacements and shipping in less than 2 years to discover that the problem was with the watches.
55 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2009
This would have been a great buy at five times the price, it looks so classy and well-made, and looks especially good for an easy-reader watch. Unlike an earlier reviewer, mine has an excellent wristband (maybe in two years they've upgraded them), and it's just long enough for me to use. I have big wrists and either have to buy men's watches, which I don't like to do, or replace the women's regular length band for a women's long. I've given up trying any watches that aren't easy-reader and which don't have indiglo. I just wish Timex would make this watch with an attractive gold tone adjustable bracelet; the expansion bands they have look cheap and are so tight they pinch.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2005
So far, so good; keeps great time and is a nice size; easy to read and fashionable too.
on February 18, 2013
To be honest, I didn't expect at first before I placed this order, I just like to stay on my budget.
Once I got this watch and tried it, it is so lovely, very light on my little wrist and very easy to read (especially when you are older than 50's).Easy to set the time too.

I have this watch everyday and everywhere I go, AMAZING TIMEX, I'm glad I purchase this one and will recommend to friends.
on November 15, 2012
I had a Timex Indiglo watch for about 10 years. It always worked great until I forgot to take it off before getting into the hot tub. So when I looked for a replacement I wanted one very similar. I actually like this one better as the numbers are larger and easier to read (I'm getting older). The date opening is actually too small to be useful but that's not what I got it for. It is my everyday watch and although I have a couple of nicer watches for dress, I probably won't even use them. The dial is clear and plain which does not interfere with seeing the numbers, another positive. I am so glad that I could find a watch that was exactly what I wanted. Great job Timex!
on July 29, 2009
I purchased this watch as a gift for my sister-in-law. The customer reviews I read said it was junk, but I really liked the style of black letters on white face, leather strap - just right for a nurse. True to form it broke in the first month. She had to send it away for repair. Don't take the chance!