4.0 out of 5 stars it's a watch...
I bought this watch to replace my timex ironman watch. I wanted to go back to an analog watch.

Published 13 months ago by cricket

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger than anticipated, masculine in appearance.
Larger than anticipated. Would have been useful to picture on a model. Masculine in appearance, Would not have purchased at a store.
Published 9 months ago by n. costello

4.0 out of 5 stars it's a watch..., August 18, 2013
This review is from: Timex Women's T2P2289J Weekender Olive Slip-Thru Nylon Strap Watch (Watch)

About the watch: it's the mid-size, weekender slip-thru with olive strap. The second hand is red. If you notice on other weekenders, the second hand matches the color of the band, which I wasn't crazy about because I knew I would be changing the band at a later date and I didn't want to have to worry about matching it with a new band. When you press the dial, the entire face lights up with indiglo.

Face: Even though this is the midsize, the face is a little larger than the other women's watches I own, but it's not HUGE. The face is large enough to read at a quick glance, but not so large that it gets in the way. The indiglo is perfect, all numbers and hands can be clearly read. I really like the face of the watch. I would have liked a date display, but we can't have it all! Other timex faces do have the date display, but I liked the clean and simple lines and look of this face better. Date display was not a deal breaker.

The band: I agree with other reviews that the band frays way to easily. It actually started to fray the first day I wore it. As another reviewer had stated, I used FrayCheck on the holes and the edge of the band to prevent fray and it has worked so far. The Fray check dried clear and is completely undetectable on the olive band, I do not know about other band colors.

Band pros: its flexible, it can be easily changed when you are tired of the color or it becomes worn-its fabric...it will wear out. Replacements are affordable ($7 and up depending on the manufacture-Timex, J Crew, NATO, etc), and you can use a variety of bands from other manufactures. Just make sure you get the correct size for your watch. There are two slip thru stay downs after the buckle instead of just 1, which keeps the entire band flat.

Band cons: It frays way to easily. But this can be easily avoided with a few fray check applications. You shouldn't have to do this, Timex should take care of this common problem and complain, instead it is left to the customer. This is the reason for 4/5 stars.

I have gotten this watch wet, but have not submerged it, so I do not know how it holds up in the pool or shower. I'm sure it will be fine as long as you keep within the 30M (98.4 feet).

Over all, I think this is a great everyday casual watch. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect womens size watch. Very good quality, February 28, 2014
This watch was a present or my GF; she loved it and is now known as a "fashionista" among her friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, December 22, 2013
Good watch at a reasonable price. The wife enjoys having the illumination activated by pushing in on the crow (no need for another buttons) which gives the watch a smoother/neater/classic finish. Keep time accurately enough. She loves that she can simply take the watch of the strap without any tools and wash the strap as needed.

Only downside wished the strap was a bit more green. It tends to the browner side of olive and can almost pass as dark khaki.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and functional, December 26, 2013
Christmas present for my 76 year old mother. She specifically wanted a white face with black numbers and hands so it would be easy for her to read. She doesn't like metal bands because they pinch her sensitive skin. She loved this watch! It was perfect for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable. Face is a little larger than I would ..., September 4, 2014
Nylon strap runs under the case, very comfortable. Face is a little larger than I would prefer. I am very happy to be able to replace a Timex Weekender that had a plastic case, broken by the clerk who attempted to change the battery, years ago. I would like to find 15mm nylon straps in other colors, although the olive works with all my casual pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, July 10, 2014
Timex has been making good watches for a long time. This model is no exception. Although it is sold as a women's watch, it is a perfect fit for my wrist.

The dial is simple with twelve large easy-to-read numbers for the hours. It has an hour hand, a minute hand and a second hand. Pushing the stem illuminates the dial for night viewing. The watch keeps good time. It also comes with a nice light band, which breathes well. This is a simple but functional watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cream color goes very nicely with the olive band, July 8, 2014
The face I received was a cream color rather than pure white. The cream color goes very nicely with the olive band. Very cute watch, comfortable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied :), May 18, 2014
Love it! It fits great and arrived very quickly :) The watch face is big and will be perfect for nursing school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 15, 2014
This is a great watch for the price. I bought it to wear when I garden and do heavy work around the house, but it's so classic and good looking that I wear it to work sometimes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger than anticipated, masculine in appearance., December 3, 2013
n. costello (DES PLAINES, ILLINOIS, US) - See all my reviews