Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 28, 2009
This is a great watch with lots of necessary and useful functions that works perfectly well. I have two complaints about it. One is that the velcro band, which is very comfortable and easy to put on and adjust, starts stinking after you get the band wet (swimming, washing your hands, showering) especially if you are using this as a running watch (it is called the Ironman, it shouldn't stink when you run!) My second complaint is personal and may not apply to anyone else, but for me the back of the watch (the metal cover that sits against my skin) irritates my skin and i get a little red circle where it sits. When I take the watch off, that circle gets scaly and then dries out and eventually goes away. I have never had this problem with other Timex watches.

As a result of these two flaws, I don't wear this watch all the time, only when I'm running. I was hoping I could just wear it all the time, but now I'm in the market for a second watch that I can just wear to work.
99 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2008
This watch is great! It does everything it's supposed to do. It looks great and functions great. The only thing that I thought it would do better is the night glow function doesn't turn on with the flick of your wrist. You literally have to shake your wrist in an up and down motion to get it to come on. One good jerk of your wrist and the light will come on. Which really wouldn't work well if you were running in the evening or needed to view the light quicker. I find it easier to just push the button to light up the watch face when I need it. But, I love the look of the watch. It's a comfortable band. I prefer velcro watch bands because I have a small wrist and with other bands there is always excess or the watch moves around too much. What I love is the Occasion feature- that is great! Plus, the lap timer and just how the numbers are larger makes it easy and a great functioning watch. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good athletic watch.
on December 22, 2006
This is a great watch! It is, by far, my favorite of all Ironman watches I've owned. Besides the standard timer and chrono features, I love the three different alarms. They have three distinctive sounds and you can set each alarm for different things (e.g. weekends, weekdays). I also love the occasion feature. You can set an alarm to notifiy you of a special occasion for any day(s) of the year (e.g. birthday on 2/7). The purple indiglo is pretty good. I don't really get purple from this. The standard indiglo is an indigo background that allows you to see the numbers/letters on the face. This purple indiglo is the opposite in that the numbers glow a pale lavender color. I love the large, easy-to-read face. It's a great improvement over older models. I absolutely LOVE the pink fabric band. I hope Timex will keep making more of these feminine watches in fun colors with the woven velcro bands. I would buy another!
on September 22, 2010
I love Timex watches. I like the light, the multiple time zones, the alarms, the timer, the stopwatch, etc... I do NOT like the bands. I wish they would make an Ironman watch with a leather band. I have had several watches with the resin band, and they all break after about a year, usually with no way to replace the band. I thought this one would be better, because it's fabric. Unfortunately, the band gets dirty very quickly, and then starts smelling bad whenever it gets wet, which is quite often! Also, the end of the little velcro part doesn't stick down very well, and it gets caught on my shirt sleeves. So, what a quandary for someone who likes Timex but can't find one of their watches with a decent, durable band!
on October 20, 2008
I actually bought this watch for my wife. She loves it. The display is very easy to read. It's pretty much dummy proof as far as setting it goes. She also says the band is very comfortable. She also uses it for Scuba Diving. We haven't taken it down past 70 ft. but it's performed well to that depth.
on April 9, 2010
I love this watch! After borrowing my son's watch when mine broke I decided this more feminine version was perfect for my needs. It has a large easy to read face, and timer features especially helpful in my health care occupation. I have been traveling abruptly lately and the alarm features have been very useful. There are a lot of bells and whistles for the money! My only regret is that the pink fast wrap band (which fits better on my small wrist than the newer polymer type band)does show soil very quickly and I am not sure I can find replacement band or even if it is possible to remove and replace existing band. I plan to try washing it and letting it air dry before it gets too soiled.
on February 23, 2007
It has everything that a sports watch sould have, but the color fades very fast. I've had mine for about a month and the silver color is all faded, but is a good watch.
on November 24, 2010
It's a good running watch and I love all the features. I didn't like the velcro band. It stayed wet for a long time after I got out of the pool. And the rubber part at the end of the velcro just got hung up when I threaded it through the bar every time I put on the watch. Eventually, it just pealed off. It's been a year and I'm now looking for a new watch because of the band issues. If you like velcro bands and you want a good running watch with an easy to use chronograph, intervels, alarms, timers, etc., this is a good watch.
on November 16, 2011
I really like this watch. It is easy to use (if you read the manual), looks cute, and fits well. The only problem is that the strap is set at a certain length and it is very hard to adjust, even with the velcro. (But that's not too big of a problem) Also, I wish the watch had a light up screen. It is very hard to see in failing sunlight, and impossible in the dark.
on September 26, 2010
This is a great watch and I really liked that it was pink but there is no way to replace the band when the velcro wears out (and yes it does wear out). I called Timex and they said there was a replacement band but I could never get them to tell me how. I would get this watch again if I could find it on sale since it can't be used after the band goes.