5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable watch with useful features
Published on December 16, 2008 by Amanda

3.0 out of 5 stars About what you would expect
This watch is priced cheaply for a reason. I bought two Timex watches to replace my old running watch - this one and a more expensive Timex Ironman, which cost $34. I wanted to see if there was really a difference and there is.

Published on February 20, 2011 by Liz Brian

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable watch with useful features, December 16, 2008
Amanda (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Women's T5J151 1440 Sports Digital Black/Pink Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
Reliable watch has withstood two deployments to Iraq, among other things, and still works great. Date, alarm, indiglo, stopwatch, and dual time zone features have been very useful. Plastic parts aren't colored all the way through and are wearing off on some edges, but that's absolutely acceptable given the wear I've put on it. The face is still clear with no major scratches despite my scraping it against everything. I don't think you can beat the durability and functionality of this watch for the price.
2012 update-- I'm still wearing this watch regularly during workouts and rowing sessions on the water, and it's still running on its original battery. Keeper!

3.0 out of 5 stars About what you would expect, February 20, 2011

The main issue is the buttons. They are small metal knobs on the side and difficult to push. By the time you have finished setting the watch, your fingers are sore. Fine if you only set the watch once, but if you are buying this for any of the other features, you will be pushing these buttons a lot: every time you use the chrono, timer, or alarm functions. Also, every time you switch between functions.

Also, there is one less button on this watch, the lap button. You are not able to time laps on this watch! So you have set, mode, indiglo and stop/start. The Ironman series has set/RECALL, mode, indiglo, stop/reset and start/split. The start/split button is on the top of the watch, making it easy to use while on a run.

These issues do not make it a bad watch, just not a substitute for a real digital running/timing watch. I will keep it in the drawer as a backup, but I wouldn't order another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for the money, February 11, 2008
H. Flores (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
I wear this watch almost all the time. I do the dishes, wash my face, take showers, work in the garden, even swim with that watch, and it has not fogged up or scratched. I like the indigo light to check out the time at night. I also like the date setting and the alarm setting. Too many other settings that I haven't figured out yet. The wrist band is very comfortable. I usually don't like the hard bands because they hurt, the soft bands get wet and moldy, others pinch or leave marks. This wrist band is excellent. I wish the watch looked a little bit more dressy to wear to the office, but I don't care, I still wear it with a suit even though I know it looks a little off.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, March 26, 2011
I went to Walmart and bought a watch said it was bath proof. I work as a janitor and when trying to soak a sponge in mop water used the wrong hand. The water wasnt even deep as a bath and the watch needless to say is no more. I was sceptical I would have the same problem where this watch would say guarentee water proof but I tried it anyway. Hey it does fit a janitors budget nicely. The first day I went swimming at the YMCA and forgot to take off my brand new watch. That was over 2 weeks ago and its still on my wrist and fully functional. Thank you for creating a cheap watch made for forgetful and clumsy people like me. I will gladly buy this again though I dont expect I would need to anytime soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars good simple watch, November 3, 2010
K. Thomas (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
I am a first time marathon runner and run with a group once a week. I bought this watch as a cheap way to keep track of my time when I run on my own during the rest of the week. I saw some reviews that said this did not keep track of the seconds after 30 minutes. This is actually inaccurate, it does keep track of the seconds it just simply moves them from the main display to the top right. It is a little harder to read but definitely manageable so I was pleasantly surprised. I think it is well worth it at this price point if you are looking for something basic. It obviously doesn't keep track of miles, calories or heart rate but for me it works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars overall good deal but for beginner or intermediate runners, August 29, 2008
This is a a very attractive watch which is definitely a plus. Also, the watch is relatively easy to use. However there a few drawbacks. For example, after thirty minutes, the watch no longer records seconds, only minutes. This unfortunately makes this watch futile unless you are a beginner and are not too concerned with precision. I wouldn't recommend this watch for a serious or experienced runner. ( I am a sprinter that has taken up cross country thus i found this watch served its purpose considering I was running cross country to improve in sprinting events). Another major drawback is the lack of directions with the watch. I mean I understand the watch is only twenty bucks but can I get some fricking directions????!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A darn good watch, November 28, 2011
M. Mai (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I'll be honest ... I'm brutal with electronics. I don't mean to be. If it has a circuitry board, chances are its longevity will be nil around me. This is the main reason I refuse to pay a lot for things like watches. I don't expect them to stick around for long (unlike unwanted house guests).

Imagine my bona fide happiness when I purchased this watch.

Aside from its main job of keeping time, it has the date (not month and date) and day of week right on the face. If you're like me, you may catch yourself always saying things like, "What's today's date again?" No more! I just simply turn my wrist and know it's the 28th. Now if you can't remember the month, you'll need to resort to pressing a button. Seriously though, who forgets the month?

If you're an athletic person and need this watch for timing yourself on something, all I can say is it does the job. If you're a serious athlete, you may find it to be sub-par.

It also has an optional hourly chime, alarm, countdown timer, and dual time zone. The dual time zone is not the most convenient feature since you need to go through four button pushes to reach it. That can be a pain if you really use that feature a lot.

I've had my watch now for a shade over 18 months and aside from a few scratches on the crystal, it has lived up to the Timex slogan of taking a licking and still ticking (except in this case it's beeping).

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, February 4, 2011
This is awesome!! I love the watch and the features. It has an alarm; hourly beep notification; timer, stopwatch. You can choose what your watch displays. The day/date time/seconds, etc!! At the time I ordered the watch I was deployed overseas and it took less than 10 days for it to get to me. I saw this same watch on Walmart for 17.00 and got it on Amazon for 12.00!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent looking, but poor quality, September 7, 2009
I was initially pleased with my Timex 1440 watch when I received it two months ago. Even though the button operations are different from and more limited than other Timex watches I've owned, it had the features I wanted (namely and alarm and stopwatch) and it wasn't too hard to use once I got used to it.

However, after two months of daily use the watch stopped working. It is stuck at 7:20 p.m. and does not respond to any button pushes. I never immersed the watch and I didn't do anything more than your average day to day living while wearing the watch. I looked up the warranty information for the watch and found that it would cost $7.00 to get the watch repaired or replaced - almost half the cost of the watch! At this point I'm not sure if I'd be throwing good money after bad by trying to get it repaired/replaced or if I should just give up and buy something else.

I would not suggest buying this watch - while it is an attractive price, decent looking, and functional, it just doesn't seem to last. And while there is a warranty, paying half again the price of the watch to get it repaired/replaced seems like a pretty raw deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch, January 26, 2007
The watch itself is a little larger than I wanted. It is very thick and catches on the cuffs of my clothing. I was looking for a sport watch that was more simple in style and a bit smaller and thinner. Other than the size, it apprears to be a good watch.

The service I received from the sender was great. It arrived in perfect shape and on time.

Rate and Discover Movies