Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on April 8, 2008
So far I am happy with this watch. Note that this particular model is gray/pink, rather than black/pink. The numbers are large and easy to read, though as a consequence the watch face is rather large. I use the chronometer frequently when running. The lap/split button is large and easy to access. It is easy to review the split times afterwards. When setting the watch, you can go forward or backward, which saves time for small backward adjustments. If you don't use all of the features (all three alarms, etc.), you change the settings so that they don't appear when you cycle through the functions with the mode button. Reading the manual will save time in learning how to use the various features, but most are fairly intuitive. The band is comfortable. I cannot speak to the longevity or water resistance of this watch.
22 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2009
I have had this watch for at least 2yrs. and like it alot. But, today the band just broke right in half... That's sad. :( So, I think I'm going to get another that's like it. I like the alarms and timers, like esp. for nursing, and making sure I shut my pt's antibiotics off before the beep like crazy! :) I like the alarms too. And of course, the indiglo is good because I'm sneaking around in the dark a lot on night shifts, so I need to light it up to check pulses, resp., etc. You should get it!
33 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2009
Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Three weeks before buying this watch I bought the Timex Marathon because it was petite, but it leaked after the second week...don't buy that one. So, I found this one and it is perfect. I was concerned it would be too big on my wrist, but it is not and the colors look great...femine, but not girly. I love all the features and best of all it does not leak. I've done two sprint triathlons since purchasing it and love the split time feature because I can push the Start/Split button before and after each transition and then can go back later and check all my split times. Great watch, great price.
on June 19, 2013
I love this watch. Great color, great size, you can wear it anywhere and do anything with it. The buttons are easy to use and intuitive. If you've ever had another Timex sports watch, this one has exactly the same buttons/features, so there's no need to re-learn anything.

Recently, the watchband broke. I looked for a replacement here on amazon, but the reviews all said the band sold here won't fit this watch. Based on several others' reviews and comments I eventually called Timex directly. They will send you a replacement band for $10 or, even better, send them your watch and a check and they will put the band on for you and send it back. Same price, so if you can due without the watch, I'd go that route. Here's the info for Timex:
Tel: 1-800-448-4639
Mail to:
TG Service Center
PO Box 8009
Little Rock, AR 72203
on February 16, 2009
Love it! The lap timer is great for swimming. Only bad thing is it is more lavender color than light pink like I thought. Very sturdy, durable. Love it.
on July 30, 2010
I confess that I am a straight up fan of Timex watches. I have had several over the years (many). I had a Triathlon when I used to dive and I had that watch for years. So far what I like about this watch is the band and the size of the face. As my reading eyesight is getting worse I wanted a bigger watch face and this one is easy to read and yet not so big you look like your wearing a man's watch. This is a great watch with some excellent features. Love it and would definitely recommend.
on June 23, 2011
Initially disappointed by the shipping time. Watch arrived nearly a week after Amazon estimated it would.

Then, wife wore the watch for about a week. In the swimming pool a couple time as well. Moisture got underneath the plastic face of the watch and fogged up the display. I don't notice this problem mentioned anywhere else in the comments for this style Ironman, but several of the other styles do have similar comments (guess it is a risk you run to get one that is truly water resistant).

Returned the item and will buy one from Walmart locally. Since there is the possibility of it happening again, would like the quicker return process my local Walmart will provide.
on March 9, 2012
I got this watch to replace my cherished 20th Anniversary Edition Ironman watch. I never would have switched but I wore out one of the buttons after many years of use. The functions are almost the same on this new watch, and the actions are almost the same too, but there two things that are noticeably worse: the button configuration and the timer function.

First, the buttons. The old watch had two buttons on the front: Start/Stop and Chrono/Split. The start/stop was very intuitive and easy to remember. Just press one button to start, the same button to stop. Simple! But this new watch changes to only one button on the front: Start/Split. I hate having the Split function there because it's not intuitive. In order to stop a function I have to reach around and press a button on the side. It's very annoying.

The other bad thing is the timer function. On the old watch, when I wanted to move from a 15 minute timer to a 5 minute or 20 second timer, I could press each number individually, and this was very fast and easy to do. For instance, if I wanted fifteen minutes, I would press the button on the tens mark to go up to 1, then I'd move over one digit and press the button on the ones mark to go up to 5. So that would mean press one, move, press one, two, three, four five. The highest number I ever had to go up was nine before it cycled back to zero. This is a really poor explanation of the function but trust me, it worked great and was fast.

On the T5K020, when I want to get to fifteen minutes I have to first press "Set," then move to the minutes mark, but then I have to press fifteen times to get up to 15 (or press and hold), both of which take at least a couple more seconds than the older model did. Why can't I press one and five to get fifteen? And if I'm at 30 minutes and want to change that down to zero, I have to press and wait for ages until it gets down to zero. It's a huge time-waste, so much so that I think I'm going to quit using the timer function on this watch.

I don't really know if there's a solution to this because it looks like all the new ironman watches use this same button configuration, so I suspect that they all work the same way. In every other way the watch is nice, it's sturdy and the watch band is particularly nice and fits my thin wrist perfectly.

I like Timex's quality but I really, really wish they would go back to the old configuration of their 20th Anniversary edition, or maybe come out with a different model like that, I know I would buy it.
on June 15, 2009
I initially liked this watch. However after several months the pink coloring on the bezel started chipping off. A year later and its more chipped off areas than pink areas and it looks terrible.

I also developed contact dermatitis from the rubber band. Careful if you have latex/rubber allergies.
on July 28, 2007
I love this watch. Just the right size, and has many functions. The 3 alarms are great, along with the occasion reminders. Very easy to use. I wear and use it everyday.