5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite watch
Published on January 23, 2010 by Mariela

2.0 out of 5 stars stylish and functional; wish it was more durable
I love the way the watch looks, and it works great, but the color is already wearing off the start/split button and the clear part of the face is scratched. Not a big deal to me, but might be to someone else!

Published on November 19, 2009 by Shannon

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite watch, January 23, 2010
Mariela "Vegan SantaFe" (Santa Fe, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K026 Ironman Sleek 50-Lap Light Gray Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
This is the second time I buy this watch. My first one lasted 4+ years. I can do the dishes, shower, swim while wearing it and it does not get damaged. It's very easy to program - very idiot proof. I also love the fact that it helps me with my running intervals so that I can run injury free using the Jeff Galloway method. That indiglo feature is very convenient to check the time when it's dark and the cell phone is out of reach. Oh, did I mention that it's so comfortable I wear it 24/7?

2.0 out of 5 stars stylish and functional; wish it was more durable, November 19, 2009

UPDATE March 13, 2010: After 4 months, the face is starting to pull away from the band, leaving a gap where they used to connect at the top & bottom. It still seems firmly seated, but looks like it's falling apart, and I don't know how long it will last at this point. I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 3.

UPDATE February 3, 2011: It hasn't fallen apart yet! I still wear the watch daily, but it's still got those gaps at the top and bottom of where the face connects to the band.

UPDATE April 1, 2011: Not even 18 months and the band disintegrated overnight. It literally broke apart in two different places while I was sleeping. The watch itself is still functioning, but since you can't just slap a new band on there I tossed it. I won't be buying another, and I'm downgrading my rating again. While I do wear my watches 24/7, with the exception of water activities, I still expect them to last at least a few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but word of advice..., April 27, 2010
A. Mandadi (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is my third Ironman and for those of you who have suffered early breakage of the face seal, here's my word of caution: don't directly expose it to anything with oil in it. No suntan lotion, no insect repellant, no hair conditioners, no moisturizers. If you get that stuff directly on the face of the watch, it might crack the seal. I instantly killed my first Ironman by accidentally dropping a gob of sunscreen directly on it. Since then I've been more careful and they seem to survive the minor residues of oily products (such as what will wash off with sweat) as long as there isn't a direct application.

1.0 out of 5 stars You can't swim with this watch, November 9, 2008
This watch is great looking, but unfortunately you can't swim with it. It claims it's water resistant to 300 feet, but after one lap in the pool, water had collected under the face of the watch. Amazon was terrific about returning it though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 10, 2009
I've always had an ironman watch. They usually last me 5 or so years before i decide i want a new color or style. I've had this watch for about 4 months. I have been training for a triathlon so i wear it in the water alot. I did my triathlon last saturday and after i came out of the water my watch face was all fogged up. I couldn't see any of the numbers. It took about 2 days to clear up, then i went swimming and the same thing happened again. I'm hoping to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & stylish, perfct for all my activities, March 6, 2010
Fenra (Anchorage, Alaska) - See all my reviews
I've been very impressed with this watch. The features are everything I need for my everyday life, and some I have come to not be able to live without! I use the stopwatch all the time, from the kitchen to my art studio to the kitchen. The hourly chime is nice and clear and helps me keep track of time during long, busy work days, although my husband says it is at a frequency that sounds like it rings in his nerves (though not unpleasantly, just that it feels "weird")... The hourly chime does seem to be louder than the alarm, although I have had no problem waking up to it. The alarm is a more charming chime tune, rather than the old style "beep-beep-beep" of my old watch, so it is definitely nicer to wake up to.

The ability to be able to set multiple alarms is nice, I now have one set repeating for weekdays, another time for weekends and a third one for odd times too. The countdown timer is useful in both my work and sports, as well as helping me to not go too overboard on the internet!
Multiple time zones are a big plus for me, and likely for any traveler, and/or person who has family in a different time zone.
Style wise, I think the watch is big enough to be clear, visible and practical looking, whilst being not overly clunky, especially on a small wrist. The strap doesn't get all sweaty, and molded to the shape of my wrist quickly, making it even more comfortable.

Overall, the watch is nice enough for me to wear to work, both in the studio and office, as well as on the sports field, training grounds, gym, and wherever else my weekends in the outdoors get me.
I did note that the watch band was not as pristine white as it is in the photo, but very slightly more creamy-grey off-white. I still rate this watch 5 stars for being absolutely awesome. Great value for $.

Oh, and the Indiglo feature is wicked cool!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, November 21, 2008
I like very much Ironman watches, although I replace them after a few years because when the belt breaks it is worthier to buy a new one. This time I wanted something more stylish and the photo of this watch appeared to be exactly what I was looking for. When it arrived I confirmed that it is really really nice. But then I realized that the User's Manual was not in the box. Since my previous Ironman watches did not have the lap function, I tried to download the manual from Timex's website, but this watch did not appear among the "Manual downloads". I decided to contact Amazon because I guessed that they have sent me a returned item and they did not check if the manual was inside the box.

After an exchange of three Kafkian e-mails (Customer Service sent me a link which did not relate at all to the watch I had purchased, it was not even a Triathlon; they patted me on the back because "you did the right thing by trying to download the manual directly from Timex website", they made "smart" suggestions such as "please have the model number of the watch ready when you contact them"), at last they informed me that "they were unable to contact the manufacturer for missing manuals on behalf of the customers and that the manual should be provided by the manufacturer". Therefore, Amazon did not assume any responsibility for the missing manual and I had to contact Timex, even though I had not purchased it through their website.

Although this was not the kind of service I expected, I am not deducting any star because of this issue. I am giving the watch 4 stars since so far I have found two cons: (a) as another reviewer has already stated, the alarm could be louder since it is difficult to hear with background noise, and (b) to reset the countdown timer you have to hold the button for 3 seconds (in my previous Ironman watches it was instantaneous).

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong w/ a Timex, August 16, 2008
I owned a Ironman watch previous to this purchase. They are great watches. My other Timex was washed (more than once) and dried (in dryer) and it kept on working. This Timex has some features that I have yet to use, but it has been a great watch. I love the look and the features. Good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch popped out of strap, July 2, 2009
purchased this watch at Wal-Mart, and after a month or two the strap separated from the watch on the side of the buckle. It pulled away from the watch where the two upper buttons are located. The watch could be hooked back into the strap; but the strap remained loose and the upper part of the watch separated from it frequently. This continued for another month or so until today, when the watch popped completely out of the strap and was lost somewhere. This is a terrible design and I would never purchase another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, June 26, 2008
Melissa F. Ramirez (West Covina, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This watch is stylish and has many very useful functions. My only wish is that its alarm was a little louder. It's difficult to hear if there's much background noise.