Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on April 23, 2010
I recently wrote a nasty email to customer service at Timex Group because I was upset about my irreplaceable broken strap. However, the kind and patient people in Little Rock informed me that for $10 I can send my watch in to their service center ($1.39 postage) and they will fix the strap! The turn around time was a couple weeks as they said, but when I got my watch today I was pleasantly surprised that they had not fixed the strap. They had in fact sent me a new watch entirely! Finally, a customer service that works for you even when you're out of warranty. I think its pretty great. So, if you have this problem just give a call to the TG Service Center in Little Rock and ask them about it.
22 comments36 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
The watch itself is great. I bought it when my twin babies were born to keep track of the craziness. The interval timers, 3 alarms, night light were all very helpful. However, I wish I would have paid attention to another reviewer who said the wristband doesn't last because it's true. I have had this watch for 15 months, only take it off to shower, and the band separated from the watch. It looks ugly and eventually will break off. The watch seems to want to last a lifetime but with a failing wristband, what's the point? I don't want to buy a sports watch every year.
on September 14, 2010
My first ironman watch. Loved this watch for the year and 5 months before the band broke. First the rubber piece that holds the watch band down broke but, I made use of a hair rubber band to hold it down. Then the band cracked and broke off. You cannot replace these bands. You have to buy a new watch. I pretty much wore this watch the whole time I had it so, it may be the life of these type of watches. Loved it but don't really want to replace the watch every year and a half. Wish Timex would come up with a replacement band.
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2009
I have bought several cheap watches in the past, so I decided rather than continue to buy ones that broke I would spend a little extra and get one of higher quality. I am very pleased with my purchase, the watch looks great, it's very light (I barely realize it's on my wrist), and it definitely works in the water! Great buy overall.
on August 18, 2009
bought this watch for cycling, swimming, hiking, etc. really does the trick and like the multiple alarms.
Fits my small wrist well and is extremely comfortable.
on February 24, 2009
It does exactly what it's supposed to. Tell time, chronograph, multiple time zones, split chrono, etc.
The only thing that brought the appeal of it down a bit was its size. It is particularly small. even for people use to small watches.
However its main attribute comes of its size, its weight. It is so light that I couldn't feel when I went running, which was the reason for which I bought it for.
on April 19, 2010
I love my watch! It is stylish and it has many features, I would buy it all over again. I only wish it had a heartbeat monitor, it would make the perfect package!
on July 2, 2011
I've had this watch for 10 months and everything was fine until last weekend. I went to the beach and came out of the ocean after 15 minutes of swimming and there was no clock when I wanted to see the time. The face came off the band and I was never able to find it. It looks like it was glued to the band but not resistant to water.
I do not recommend this watch. I had my doubts buying a Timex but the watch looked so complete that I decided to give it a try.... Well, lesson learned and never again!
on August 4, 2012
Don't Bother - Avoid the Insanity

I have had my heart broken by too many of these styles of ironman watch. The watch itself is Good, but the wristband does not last longer than a year. Then you are stuck with a watch that works but is un-wearable because there is no way to replace this type of band. NO Band Available.
I know because I have 5 watches (so obviously I liked the watch mechanism) - At first I thought it was just a fluke that the wristbands broke. But I finally remembered - a definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results.
Now some of my watches are still ticking away in a drawer because there are No replacement wrist bands. It doesn't matter how great the watch Is- if you can't wear it
on October 7, 2009
Great watch for anything--even wear it for a casual day, not just my sports. Only drawback, if I have to have one, is the band. It is a longer band and I have smaller wrist. The band has a locking set up to control the extra band material. This hinge is sometimes annoying to unhinge. It's so minor, wouldn't make this an issue with buying another watch of same make!