5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy watch
Published on January 25, 2009 by Janice Gardner

2.0 out of 5 stars Look for a better cheap watch
I liked the watch as a cheap, practical sports watch with a decent alarm function. Setting the alarm wasn't intuitive, and it was easy to accidentally activate the stopwatch, etc. But I would have lived with that for the price, because all I *really* wanted was a watch and a daily alarm reminder.

But the strap broke suddenly (with no trauma--just fell off one...
Published on January 15, 2009 by Cupcake

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy watch, January 25, 2009
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K085 1440 Sports Digital Gray Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch a few years after giving away my Timex Ironman (to someone who needed it more than I did), trying to find one I liked as well, and I have to say this one fits the bill. It's very comfortably sized, the band doesn't pinch, and best of all, it's proven itself to be very watertight, and has suffered no damage from being worn while bathing two small children.

Edit: Dec 30, 2012

I have now had this watch for almost four years and it is still going strong, even with the abuse it's seen. With the arrival of a third child, it has suffered through the indignities of spit-up and feeding messes, many additional baths, the occasional run through the washer AND dryer (after I've needed to take it off, stuffed it in a jeans pocket and then forgotten to check said pocket before throwing the jeans in the washer), more bangs and drops than I can count, being used as a distraction for a cranky baby (I can't believe the glow function still works), and even being dropped in a few garden beds and mud puddles. Really, I have to wonder if dropping it in an active volcano would damage it; certainly, nothing else seems to phase it. The band is even still as good as new! If I ever have to replace it, I'm definitely going to try to find another of this same model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch, June 22, 2010
I bought this watch to wear at work and I like it very much. My only complaint is that I have to push one of the side buttons for the date. I prefer it on the face with the time, but other than that it's a good watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look for a better cheap watch, January 15, 2009

But the strap broke suddenly (with no trauma--just fell off one day) after only a couple of months of light wear. Or more accurately, the plastic notch that holds the strap on broke, which means you can't fix it. And of course I didn't bother to keep the packaging for a $15 watch.

I'm not being a price snob--I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on a watch, but I do expect them to hang in there for at least a year. So I'm back to my old (alarmless, alas) metal watch from Target that I've had for 5 years. No more plastic for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice ladies watch. One issue..., August 14, 2013
Setting up the time was a pain in the neck. The instructions are not very clear. I finally change the time but i will have to do it again with DST.

1.0 out of 5 stars fast or slow but never on time, July 22, 2013
the first week i had it, it would go fast 1 to 2 minutes per day. after about a month, it was running slow up to 10mn per day. i left it aside for a week and it's now almost an hour behind. completely useless piece of junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing fancy, but a nice watch, September 27, 2010
This watch doesn't do anything super fancy, but it's very light weight and easy to clean, and it looks sleek on your wrist.

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly difficult to set anything, November 3, 2013
I've had many Timex watches over the years, and this is the first one I really dislike. Once you set the thing, it works fine, but actually setting it is difficult and counter-intuitive. I don't have the manual that came with the watch anymore, and Timex doesn't have it on its website. Furthermore, the manuals for the 1440 series watches doesn't apply (I followed those directions, they didn't work). Eventually I got lucky and was able to figure out how to change the time (due to Daylight Savings Time). But in the process, I turned on a Monday morning alarm, and now I can't turn it off. Pretty sure I'm going to trash this and buy a new watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 6, 2013
I got this for myself as a christmas gift and i love it, it goes with everything. I have one problem with it and thats that the date does not show up unless you press the mode button

1.0 out of 5 stars Product does not work and we waited too long to return it., March 14, 2014
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas as a backup and her old watch just died. She got out the new one and it doesn't work. Our own fault for not checking before the return deadline, but still disappointed that it doesn't work. I thought perhaps it was just a dead battery, but that was not the case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use & poor alarm, January 16, 2013
The watch itself looks nice and simple, and is subdued enough that it goes well with multiple outfits. I was looking for something that I could wear while travelling that would put up with sporting activities and also look good enough to wear at (casual) dinners.

However, the actual functionality of this watch is limited if you want it for anything other than telling the time. In own a Timex Ironman and thought this watch would be similarly intuitive to use and it would be easy to set the alarm time, date, hour, timer, etc. It is not. I have never once had to refer to instructions for my other Timex but this watch is nearly impossible to program without instructions, which of course, you do not have with you when travelling. It took me numerous tries to figure out how to set the alarm time, and when I somehow accidentally switched the watch into 24-hour (European) time format, I had to leave it that way for several days until I played with it enough to figure out how to switch it back. Once you do figure out how to set the alarm, you discover that it is a very quiet alarm that only goes off once. There is no back-up (snooze) and only one quiet alarm so if you miss it or nudge it to turn it off, that's all you get. Most Timex Ironman-style watches have a back-up alarm and/or at least 2 alarms.

If you just want a simple and inexpensive watch to tell the time, this one works well. If you want a watch that you can actually use for an alarm, travel, a timer, or anything other than telling the time, don't skimp on this one.