5.0 out of 5 stars Great start for me to get into sports!
Published on September 22, 2010 by Kelsy Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulse Calculator? What Is That?
Published on May 26, 2010 by edcaroleg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start for me to get into sports!, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K187 "Ironman Pulse Calculator" Sport Watch (Watch)
I've seen a lot of reviews for this watch on both sides of the fence. I figured I would buy it and have it be a good start. I like the alarms, and I really like the backlight for the watch. It's not too bright or too dark. But, this is marked wrong for how many settings it has, as said before. It only has 10 presets instead of twelve. Aside from that, it sits comfortably on the wrist & is overall a nice watch. Buyers beware though, this is NOT a HRM! It is a PULSE CALCULATOR!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulse Calculator? What Is That?, May 26, 2010
I ordered this watch thinking it measured pulse rate, in other words that it is it is a HRM (heart rate monitor). It certainly is not. In order to get heart rate you must count pulses yourself and divide with the built-in calculator. In other words it is a calculator watch not a HRM. I'm sure the other functions are fine and it is a good looking watch, but totally useless as a HRM during exercise.

As a result, I returned this watch and ordered another version from Timex that is a true HRM. It works as advertised!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch for smaller wrists and has ample functions!, September 13, 2011
N. Nick "redgarnet54" (Tampa Bay area, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my daughter who works on the beach. She is small framed and most of the other digital watches were quite large and masculine. This watch is very attractive and it has all of the features she needs. After other reviews comparing other watches with this one, I decided black was the best color as it would show less wear and dirt, and the lavender accents are a nice touch. Also, Timex is a very reliable brand so you can feel confident that you are buying a nice watch. I compared prices of this particular watch on the official Timex website and purchasing through Amazon.com saved me almost $20!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, July 14, 2009
D. M. Bateman (Grass Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love my new watch! The functions are easy to use, the design is sporty and it really is waterproof. The plastic (resin) strap is comfortable and does not stick to your skin. I've had many timex watches over the years and I have been consistently satisfied with their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been wearing this model for past 20+ years, September 26, 2013
This watch has preset timers for: 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30,45, & 60 minutes. A difficult to find feature on women's watches. Band is thin in width so does not interfere with activities. I use the preset timers for workouts but also during cooking -- especially grilling. Haven't overcooked a Rib Eye Steak in years -- timing is essential. Watch also has an Alarm with a 5 minutes snooze, stopwatch. Also has a pulse but I have never used it. For less than $30, I cannot find a more efficient, accurate women's watch. I am a heavy user of the watch - husband says I am addicted to it -- I usually wear out the buttons before the batteries -- usually needs replacement watch every 12-18 months. I often order 2-3 watches at a time so I always have a back-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stylish watch!, April 7, 2011
Easy to use watch with large enough numbers to read! It includes the date too which is a necessity for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost indiglo after 4 months, band after 18 months, January 17, 2013
lortz (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
AFTER 2 MONTHS:
I've worn this watch daily for a year and 2 months. The first 2 months, I almost always took it off when I went in the ocean. After that, I was less careful. It *is* waterproof after all. The following month it was no longer in the ocean, but made 4 trips to water aerobics with me. Shortly after that, the indiglo stopped working.

AFTER 18 MONTHS:
The band mysteriously tore apart after 18 months of (near daily) wear. It didn't break at any of the tension points. Instead, it *tore* in the middle of the band (2 locations), as though it were cut. So weird! But the watch itself (except for the indiglo) is still working just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, November 3, 2011
This watch is very nice. I have a small wrist and it fits well, looks sporty as well as feminine. The pulse calculator works well enough. I wear it all the time, and it goes with everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Maint/All around Mom watch, November 15, 2012
I have two of these watches...I bought a spare in case I lost one. The band is very comfortable and easy to work out in. I do some cardio classes that my arms get very sweaty and this watch rinses well and does great in the pool too. Keeps great time for such a crazy low price. Buy this if you need something to keep time while you get tough. Then use it to see what time you need to pick your kids up :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy with time and use, but limited custom functionality & Indigo light died, December 14, 2013
12/14/2013: I've had this watch for over a year and the indiglo light died after a few months. I never bothered seeing if I could get it replaced. Unfortunately, in terms of custom functionality, you can only set the timer to intervals of 1, 3, 5, 15, 20, 25, 30, 45, and 60 minutes which is pretty annoying at times. It does have a 24 hour mode which I use, so I do appreciate that. Also, I'm not sure how accurate the pulse function is. I'm looking to upgrade to another similar Timex watch that includes the day in addition to month and date (this one doesn't have the day of the week), and I'd prefer one that has another alarm or two because this one only has one.

I really, really like the sleek size and shape of this watch because I wear it all the time and don't take it off for anything (sleep, shower, workouts, extreme heat or cold weather, beach vacations, everything). I've never had a problem with the band coming apart and even after constant wear and tear, the only thing that makes the watch look used is some fading of the black text on the buttons. It's extremely comfortable to wear all the time and it's pretty low profile, even though I have small wrists.

I wouldn't recommend this watch to the hard-core athlete looking for several workout functions; however, it's a decent digital watch that will last for someone only looking for basic functions (month/date, time, limited timer, stopwatch, single alarm) and does the trick in that regard. Also, it's possible the Indiglo light dying on mine was a fluke, though I haven't read many other reviews on this watch since I bought it. Still, I'm excited to upgrade to a newer watch with the same sleek design and sturdiness, but with a little bit more to it.