Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 22, 2010
I've seen a lot of reviews for this watch on both sides of the fence. I figured I would buy it and have it be a good start. I like the alarms, and I really like the backlight for the watch. It's not too bright or too dark. But, this is marked wrong for how many settings it has, as said before. It only has 10 presets instead of twelve. Aside from that, it sits comfortably on the wrist & is overall a nice watch. Buyers beware though, this is NOT a HRM! It is a PULSE CALCULATOR!
on September 13, 2011
I purchased this for my daughter who works on the beach. She is small framed and most of the other digital watches were quite large and masculine. This watch is very attractive and it has all of the features she needs. After other reviews comparing other watches with this one, I decided black was the best color as it would show less wear and dirt, and the lavender accents are a nice touch. Also, Timex is a very reliable brand so you can feel confident that you are buying a nice watch. I compared prices of this particular watch on the official Timex website and purchasing through Amazon.com saved me almost $20!!!!
on May 26, 2010
I ordered this watch thinking it measured pulse rate, in other words that it is it is a HRM (heart rate monitor). It certainly is not. In order to get heart rate you must count pulses yourself and divide with the built-in calculator. In other words it is a calculator watch not a HRM. I'm sure the other functions are fine and it is a good looking watch, but totally useless as a HRM during exercise.

As a result, I returned this watch and ordered another version from Timex that is a true HRM. It works as advertised!
1818 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
AFTER 2 MONTHS:
I've worn this watch daily for a year and 2 months. The first 2 months, I almost always took it off when I went in the ocean. After that, I was less careful. It *is* waterproof after all. The following month it was no longer in the ocean, but made 4 trips to water aerobics with me. Shortly after that, the indiglo stopped working.

AFTER 18 MONTHS:
The band mysteriously tore apart after 18 months of (near daily) wear. It didn't break at any of the tension points. Instead, it *tore* in the middle of the band (2 locations), as though it were cut. So weird! But the watch itself (except for the indiglo) is still working just fine.
on September 26, 2013
This watch has preset timers for: 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30,45, & 60 minutes. A difficult to find feature on women's watches. Band is thin in width so does not interfere with activities. I use the preset timers for workouts but also during cooking -- especially grilling. Haven't overcooked a Rib Eye Steak in years -- timing is essential. Watch also has an Alarm with a 5 minutes snooze, stopwatch. Also has a pulse but I have never used it. For less than $30, I cannot find a more efficient, accurate women's watch. I am a heavy user of the watch - husband says I am addicted to it -- I usually wear out the buttons before the batteries -- usually needs replacement watch every 12-18 months. I often order 2-3 watches at a time so I always have a back-up.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2009
I love my new watch! The functions are easy to use, the design is sporty and it really is waterproof. The plastic (resin) strap is comfortable and does not stick to your skin. I've had many timex watches over the years and I have been consistently satisfied with their products.
on June 4, 2014
2 duds. Love this watch WHEN IT WORKS. Bought this watch and the indiglo died after 2 months. Received a free replacement after return of the broken one. Indiglo on the second one died after 6 months. Aside from the that it is a great small, light watch. I use for running, timing while I am cooking, timing activities with kids, etc. but I need the indiglo function at night. I don't consider my use excessive or particularly harsh.
on November 3, 2011
This watch is very nice. I have a small wrist and it fits well, looks sporty as well as feminine. The pulse calculator works well enough. I wear it all the time, and it goes with everything.
on April 7, 2011
Easy to use watch with large enough numbers to read! It includes the date too which is a necessity for me.
on March 22, 2015
Great fit, sleek design, everything I was expecting accept... there is a "Date" reading but no "Day" reading. I miss that from my old watch.
review image