Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I ordered this Timex in purple for my 10 year old daughter. She adores the vivid color of the wrist strap. The digital time on the watch is easy to see and there are several different options for stop watch functions and such. There is an indiglo feature on it, where with a push of a button a bright green/blue back-light comes on, letting you see the time in the dark. The light has a self-timer and goes off on its own after a few seconds.

The wrist strap easily fits an array of wrist sizes. I tried it on and it fits my adult (women's sized) wrist, but also fits my daughters 10 year old pre-teen sized wrist.

Setting the time is best done by an adult, as there are several buttons and it could be a bit tricky for kids.

My daughter is quite hard on things, constantly playing outside with friends and coming home a mess every day. This watch has held up through her daily abuses and is still ticking. Definitely a great watch for a young lady.
55 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
Bought this watch for daughter for Christmas. Got it for her to use when running to be able to track herself when not on a timed run.

The watch is good looking (she loves purple) and functional. The buttons are a little small for my large fingers, but she seems to have no problems. The band is rubber/plastic and should hold up well and she said is comfortable.

I was looking for an inexpensive watch for her with a stop watch function and was water/sweat proof. This seems to fit the bill. Timex makes more expensive watches if you need more functions. But would recommend this for a basic sport watch or for beginners.
on December 12, 2011
I love this watch because its wonderful for work. It goes well with my scrubs and is easy to look quickly to get the time for charting or working with my patients. It is a bit "high tech" for me apparently. I can never figure it out, I am always setting an alarm for midnight and have to have my boyfriend undo whatever I have just done!
on February 14, 2012
Watch keeps good time, digital numbers easy to read, and I love the purple color. Am considering ordering the same watch in turquoise. Recently wore it while swimming...no problem.
on September 9, 2011
This is an attractive watch with nice features. The display is large and clear. However, it is extremely hard to set. I had to go on several websites to find suggestions on how to use the features, as the little instruction sheet provided with the watch had incorrect information on it. In reality, there are many versions of the 1440 sports watch and none of them operate in the same way! Very frustrating, to say the least.
on March 15, 2012
This is a great watch for me, it is waterproof and comfortable. The band doesn't hold water under it, so it is great for nurses who wash constantly. I would recommend it to anyone, and the color is even better in person.
on September 9, 2011
I like to use a watch that I can wear to work, then to the gym, shower in after exercise and not worry about it. This watch fits the bill. It looks good, does what a watch should do and then some, and costs so little that if the battery dies or it the band disintegrates, it is expendable. I've had other Timex watches that have the same specs but costs more - $40. I've had 4 of those (the intrinsic band broke without a way to replace it on 2 and on the other 2 they took on water and then committed hari kari) and on none did the battery die before the watch did. So this is a more economical alternative at less than half the price of those.
on November 24, 2011
It's great -- durable, cheap, and great color. I wore it in Nepal for two months, and the altitude didn't affect it at all.
on February 25, 2016
This is perfect. Easy to see. Easy to use. Comfortable. My daughter uses this to track her time. It looks great on her arm and water resistant is a must for anyone in our family. She is active with a busy schedule. She never wore a watch until this one. With kids using cell phones to check the time they aren't interested in wearing a watch. Once she started wearing it she doesn't take it off. The seller was great! Prompt and well packaged with detailed use instructions.
review image review image
on January 25, 2016
This watch is perfect. I'm a nurse and I have bigger wrists and both of these make finding the perfect watch difficult. This watch hits all the selling points: affordable, water resistant for frequent hand washes, military time for the medical field, digital display for accuracy, seconds display for counting respirations and giving IV pushes, replaceable battery for a great value, washable band and watch face (because my job is so frequently GROSS), and it fits my wrist! I was so skeptical because the size just said 'woman's' and I have a large wrist, and this watch fits perfect and doesn't have a huge man sized watch face. Bonus: Day of the week and month display, and back lit display with the push of a button.