Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

I ordered this Timex in purple for my 10 year old daughter. She adores the vivid color of the wrist strap. The digital time on the watch is easy to see and there are several different options for stop watch functions and such. There is an indiglo feature on it, where with a push of a button a bright green/blue back-light comes on, letting you see the time in the dark. The light has a self-timer and goes off on its own after a few seconds.

The wrist strap easily fits an array of wrist sizes. I tried it on and it fits my adult (women's sized) wrist, but also fits my daughters 10 year old pre-teen sized wrist.

Setting the time is best done by an adult, as there are several buttons and it could be a bit tricky for kids.

My daughter is quite hard on things, constantly playing outside with friends and coming home a mess every day. This watch has held up through her daily abuses and is still ticking. Definitely a great watch for a young lady.
55 comments86 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
Bought this watch for daughter for Christmas. Got it for her to use when running to be able to track herself when not on a timed run.

The watch is good looking (she loves purple) and functional. The buttons are a little small for my large fingers, but she seems to have no problems. The band is rubber/plastic and should hold up well and she said is comfortable.

I was looking for an inexpensive watch for her with a stop watch function and was water/sweat proof. This seems to fit the bill. Timex makes more expensive watches if you need more functions. But would recommend this for a basic sport watch or for beginners.
0Comment68 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
I love this watch because its wonderful for work. It goes well with my scrubs and is easy to look quickly to get the time for charting or working with my patients. It is a bit "high tech" for me apparently. I can never figure it out, I am always setting an alarm for midnight and have to have my boyfriend undo whatever I have just done!
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
Watch keeps good time, digital numbers easy to read, and I love the purple color. Am considering ordering the same watch in turquoise. Recently wore it while swimming...no problem.
on September 9, 2011
This is an attractive watch with nice features. The display is large and clear. However, it is extremely hard to set. I had to go on several websites to find suggestions on how to use the features, as the little instruction sheet provided with the watch had incorrect information on it. In reality, there are many versions of the 1440 sports watch and none of them operate in the same way! Very frustrating, to say the least.
11 comment36 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2012
This is a great watch for me, it is waterproof and comfortable. The band doesn't hold water under it, so it is great for nurses who wash constantly. I would recommend it to anyone, and the color is even better in person.
on September 9, 2011
I like to use a watch that I can wear to work, then to the gym, shower in after exercise and not worry about it. This watch fits the bill. It looks good, does what a watch should do and then some, and costs so little that if the battery dies or it the band disintegrates, it is expendable. I've had other Timex watches that have the same specs but costs more - $40. I've had 4 of those (the intrinsic band broke without a way to replace it on 2 and on the other 2 they took on water and then committed hari kari) and on none did the battery die before the watch did. So this is a more economical alternative at less than half the price of those.
22 comments25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2011
It's great -- durable, cheap, and great color. I wore it in Nepal for two months, and the altitude didn't affect it at all.
on January 18, 2015
This is NOT a Timex watch. I purchased this for my 10-year old daughter, and she loved it, but it stopped working three weeks after she started wearing it. When I search for this watch on other sites, I noticed that this one does not have "Timex" on the face, nor does it specify "AM" or "PM" on the face like the real one does. We will be shopping elsewhere for the REAL Timex watch.
on October 10, 2012
The idea of a wrist watch is for it to be worn on the wrist- unfortunately, when the buckle drops off in the first hour this sort of ruins the idea.