5.0 out of 5 stars *love* this watch
I think it's sort of silly for me, a grown woman, to be in love with a plastic watch, but there you go.

I *love* this watch. I love the color, which is a tiny bit darker than in the photo.

Published on June 14, 2012 by Chel Micheline

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Timex is a good brand, right? Well not this watch. We bought this about a month in advance of a surprise gift for my 9 year old's good grades. She enjoyed the watch for one whole week. Then it broke. When we finally were able to locate and take this thing to a watch repair place, we were told that it was not repairable.

Basically, we paid $14.99 for her to use...
Published 8 months ago by Cheryl R. Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars *love* this watch, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K460 1440 Sports Blue Resin Digital Watch (Watch)

I love the size, which is not small, but not giant, either. I wanted a nice, readable, chunky watch that didn't look like I was wearing a hubcap on my arm but also didn't look like a dainty little girls' watch, either. The 1440 is perfect. It looks sporty and modern.

I love how easy it is to use- Timex watches are always a bit tricky to set because they have so *many* functions, but I was able to get it set and on my wrist a couple of minutes after getting it out of the shipping box.

I love how durable it is- I swim five miles a day and I garden, so I needed an inexpensive watch that could take tons of moisture, sun exposure, water submersion, exposure to scratchy twigs, and all around rough-housing and continue to work, and the Timex fits the bill.

Trust me, I know in time the color of the watch will fade, the silver paint will chip off, and the band will most likely yellow (most Timex watches, especially those with the "gelly" plastic bands do this...) but for what I paid for it, it's totally worth it. I have splurged on some high-end watches and they all have wound up not working (the water exposure is too much for even divers watches) so paying under twenty for a watch that I love the looks of and then getting a year or two out of it is fine by me.

This is not a timepiece you will pass on to your kids, it's basically a disposable watch that you only have to replace every few years. If you purchase it knowing that, you'll be very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun Watch, August 21, 2011
Peelers (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
My daughters review: I am 10 years old and I really love this watch. It has a cool color and easy to use buttons. I like that it has a stop watch, timer, alarm, date and day. I like the clasp since it is easy to put on and take off. This is a great first watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than your basic stopwatch, February 5, 2011
This watch is true to color, and has fairly standard button configurations, making it easy to learn how to operate. It shows hours, minutes, seconds, date, stopwatch, count-down, alarm, second time setting, etc.: a good variety of settings. It appears to be durable, though there is very little metal on the silver part of the face. The plastic texture is soft. I wear it very tightly for running and the gym and it is still more comfortable than my dress watch. I have not tested it in water. It is easy to read with and without the back-light. I have not purchased a better watch in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 12, 2011
This works great for my child. It was requested so that it could be worn during swimming, and there was no problem. The timer also works well for a 10 year old's purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price!, July 18, 2013
Vee (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
First, the color of this watch is a little different than pictured. I was expected a baby blue like in the picture, but it's closer to a teal. Will upload a picture to Amazon shortly.

Functionality-wise, this watch has everything I need: stopwatch, alarm, and time can be toggled between AM/PM and military time. The second time zone is a nice touch as well.

For the price, you can't beat this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 15, 2014
Brooke (Naples, Florida) - See all my reviews
I just love this watch!! I've had it for a few months and it's been great! I get compliments on the color all the time. I searched for a good looking watch with military time and this has that if you want it. It's nice to have the date and day as well if you're like me and can't remember it! I use it when swimming laps to keep my time, and it's definitely water proof...just a great all around watch!!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT inexpensive watch, April 18, 2013
L. Colasanti (Lake Zurich, IL) - See all my reviews
It has lots of bells and whistles. I basically use it for the time and the indiglo light. I'm a nurse, and the light and military time help me get through the night. Great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional, May 5, 2013
TH "TH" (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 11 year old daughter and she loves it. Wears it to school every day. Just fits using the smallest hole on the strap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, April 19, 2014

Basically, we paid $14.99 for her to use the watch for a week, which works out to $2.14 a day. And, of course, the "return window" expired by the time we had figured all of this out.

Boo Timex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for what I need it for!, May 12, 2014
Overall, this is a great product. My criteria for purchasing this watch was low price, water resistant, and semi-attractive-looking. I think it excels in each. I wore this all weekend at a bachelorette party doing everything from hot-tubing, clubbing, tie-dying, cooking and cleaning and never worried about the watch getting ruined. I really liked that I could leave my rather expensive smartphone at home when going out, since I had a nice timepiece right on my wrist! In my normal life I am giving my puppy baths, taking dips in the ocean, and washing lots of dishes and this watch fits right in.

It's certainly not high fashion but it's a nice and cute sports watch that can stand being submerged in a hot - tub for an hour! I would definitely recommend it!