I've had this watch for over a year and a half - I used it to replace another timex watch that had slightly sharp edges. Since I was breastfeeding and dealing with an infant, the sharper buttons of my other timex would scratch my son's face as I maneuvered him for breastfeeding or bathing.

This watch was perfect for my needs as a mom:
- Low profile, no...
Published 10 months ago by The Ashia

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, but don't get it in white
I've had this watch for a couple of months now and while I love the functionality of it, it's gotten pretty dingy. I should have known better when I ordered it in white, but I was looking for something more feminine than most digital watches. Live and learn.
Published 15 months ago by Allison G.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, but don't get it in white, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K606 "Ironman Traditional" Sport Watch with White Resin Strap (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best watch for new moms, but pick another color - UPDATED on lifetime, January 2, 2014

This watch was perfect for my needs as a mom:
- Low profile, no sharp points or buttons, easy to wear and still slip an arm under a sleeping infant without hurting him.
- Beeps can be shut off so you can use the timer without making sounds.
- Chrono mode works well for timing the current or when to expect the next feed/nap.
- Indiglo makes it easy to check the time during night feeds and in low light without the baby noticing.
- Waterproof enough to bathe and swim in, and easy to wash when it gets smeared with poo.

Why I'd pick another color:
For the first month or so, the watch looked great and went with everything. Sadly it quickly started to look dirty and dingy. The bands have since turned a rather gross yellow/gray color while the plastic face has remained white. Now that I'm in the market to replace it (see why below), I'm going to get the same watch, but another color.

Durability & Lifetime:
Compared to my other timex watches, this watch has stood up really well - my last timex watch lasted for years, but the decorative face fell off after a year (it still worked afterward). The face of this watch is still in great shape. I got this watch when my son was born and he's 20 months old now. I've taken it off maybe 10 times ever (I've found it best not to fiddle with resin strap watches too much), but it is starting to crack and sadly timex still doesn't sell replacement straps for this type of watch. I use the indiglo button incessantly but have only had to replace the battery once a few months ago. For the full price I paid in a store, which was upwards of $40, I wish the strap had lasted longer, but at the prices I can find online, it's less of a big deal to replace this watch every couple of years.

UPDATE: It's been about 21 months since I bought this watch and the strap has finally crumbled. First, it started with light cracks along the band, and as they flexed, they would catch my skin and pinch. Then after about a month they widened and the strap finally cracked. I am bummed I didn't get a full two years out of this watch, especially since I had just replaced the battery (the indiglo had stopped working, which is a sign that the watch is about to run out of juice in a week or so). It's still worth buying another one, but this time I'm going to order the same model, but in another color.

3.0 out of 5 stars tip of band stained, August 10, 2013
Product itself is good; features and fit are excellent, style is simple, overall great watch. I'm a lifeguard and I wear this watch 6 out of 7 days per week, I wear it to swim laps and it gets wet sometimes in the water. The only weird thing about this watch is that after wearing it a couple of times and it getting wet, I've noticed that a reddish stain is starting to appear at the end of the band and at the seal where it says "Timex". The first watch I received had that on there from the get-go. I wasn't going to complain, but after 20 continuous days of wear, one of the buttons broke (the springs fell out!) The shipper was very prompt and cordial about an exchange at no cost to me. The second watch came very quickly and this one had no stains and has lasted me more than 20 days (thus far). It's a good watch, okay for the price, but I don't expect it to last more than one summer...which kinda sucks considering I expected a little more from a brand like Timex. You get what you pay for I guess...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sporty and feminine with useful options!, March 11, 2014
I've been searching for a great looking, useful sport watch for women. I had an OLD Nike watch from the 90's that died just recently. Since Nike stopped making those types of watches, I needed a replacement. Let's be clear... I beat the crap out of my old watch and wanted something that stood up to showers, swimming, daily wear and use. My requirements were: water resistant (really), Indiglo, timer, alarm. This watch has all of those things. The buttons are easy to use, the watch is easily programmable. The Indiglo works great!
I was worried a bit about the color. Although, you've got to come to terms with wearing a white watch. The band does change color a bit with wear. You can tell the difference in color when comparing it to the face. It seems to be cleanable. If you're going to be crazy concerned about a perfect white, then it's not for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars discoloration to watch band, August 12, 2014
SunshineRay (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
Very nice watch at a great price. Loved the look and feel wore it for a few days and noticed a discoloration developing on the band. Tried to clean it with everything under the sun (soap, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, 409, Landry soap, baking soda, bleach). Nothing got the band back to white :( I really like this watch and wish I could wear it but the band is now permanently has a yellow-brownish hue to it. Best to avoid the white color band if u are at all interested in looking clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Running & Exercise Watch, July 23, 2013
This watch is absolutely awesome and worth the $25. The functions take a smidge getting used to, but then it's pretty easy to work through the modes. Can pop on a timer very quickly. I love the alarm functions. I set mine to every two hours to remind me to drink water. The white does get dirty quickly, but if you are overall careful, it really looks just fine. I have worn mine swimming in the pool and ocean. It is still working fine and well sealed. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very please with the watch., October 10, 2013
The watch is just what I wanted. I am 70+ so will not use the timer for laps but love that I can see the day, month and date even without my glasses on. I swim in the pool and do not have to remove the watch. As I wake during the middle of the night, I press the night light to find out if it is time to go to the bathroom (usually about 3 am). It is easy to set the watch for various functions. I am very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars found the one i wanted, January 23, 2014
have another timex, years old, but wanted a new color..easy to set, adjust and looks great on! happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars fine, February 8, 2013
thank you very much!!! All is good Its very simple for reading time. and it's legend watches? thank you again

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, band a bit stiff, March 4, 2014
JH (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I use Timex Ironman watches for casual everyday as well as sport use and sometimes swimming. This watch has held up well thus far. I love the white with just a touch of green on the face, and this style isn't overly chunky for my slim wrist. The band is a little stiff and sometimes pinches, but overall I'd recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›