Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Women's T5K683 1440 Digital Watch with Resin Strap
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 11, 2013
a nice, sturdy resin watch with clear display. I haven't figured out all of the features yet, but I love the indiglo night light and the date feature. it'll come in handy, I know :) I have really small wrists, and the watch actually fit me without having to punch more holes in the band, which is a big plus for me. I have a feeling this will fit just about any woman, since the band has a lot of holes and is long enough to accommodate people with larger wrists as well.
on August 1, 2013
The watch is fine, but it beeps every time you hit a button (all watches in the 1440 series do, I found out). You can turn off the alarm and hourly chime, but not the chime/beep that happens every time you hit "set," "mode," etc. I prefer my watch quiet until I tell it to do something, so returned it. Otherwise, it's a great watch for the price!
on August 9, 2013
There are several reasons why I didn't like this watch. The instructions in the package were for a different Timex watch. I read a forum post while I was trying to figure it out, and that person said that these watches ship with the wrong instructions, so it isn't just me.

So, I went online to the Timex site to find the instructions there. The site said they were for the 1440 watch, but the actual instructions didn't match this particular watch. I managed figure it how, but another design problem is that, with the timer function (the main reason I got this) it appears that the only way to adjust the timer up or down is by going up to 23 hours before it circles back around. There's no way to go back. So for example if you want to time steaks on the Weber for 4 minutes per side one time then some other item for 3 minutes, you have to go forward to 23 before it circles back around. And if you miss it - well you get my drift.

The other thing is the face is really small. I'm not a youngster, so my eyes aren't as good as they were a few years back, but honestly even with my strong readers (well, strong for me and stronger than my usual reading glasses) the button indicators (set, star/stop, etc) were hard to read.

All in all, dealing with this was a struggle, and it doesn't fit my needs at all. It's out the door back to Amazon in less than 24 hours.
on October 29, 2015
I have been wearing a fitbit hr, and trying to use it as my watch, since February. I finally gave up and have converted back to a normal, read the time any time, watch. I tried two other brands before settling in with this one. Once I did try it, I was happy to leave it on my wrist - easy to program, easy to see, and with great illumination.

I teach yoga, and some of my classes are in a dimly lit room. We traditionally don't put clocks on the walls (students fixate on them for some reason!) so I needed an inconspicuous way to check time in my classes. This watch lights up with a very gentle press of button, is silent and not a beacon of light for those students nearby, and gives a clear readout (with easily seen seconds!). The seconds are important when I'm having students hold poses for a period of time and want to be 'even' from one side to the other, so seeing clear display at a glance is huge.

The alarm feature is great, too. I can set it by my bed and the beep is enough to wake me, without transmitting further to sleeping family members who don't respond well to early wake up calls. So it's now replaced my phone as my morning alarm. Perfect!

Having the date seemed silly, but then I realized I NEVER know the date at a glance, I use phone or computer whenever I have to fill it in, or reference it somehow. So seeing it on the watch is like an added bonus! The day of week display is good, too, because let's be honest, who hasn't thought it was Thursday only to realize it's only Wednesday at some point when you've just messed up a meeting time or an appointment?

Regarding negatives - the fact that every button except for the light beeps is slightly annoying, but I'm not using the timer (see above regarding seconds display) in a quiet setting so I don't see any real disruption here. The strap wraps farther under and out the side than I'd like, but that is more a wrist size issue, than a watch issue so I can't mark it down for that.

All in all, when my kids' watches break (we're talking $4 cheapies), this is the route I'm taking for them as well, IF this one holds up. If it doesn't, I'll be updating! But based on first impressions, this is a watch that packs a lot into a small and inexpensive package, thanks Timex!
on February 22, 2015
I love this watch. It's exactly what I wanted. I wanted a sports watch. I wash my hands constantly, and didn't want to worry about getting the band wet. This is perfect. My only concern is that I had difficulty setting the date and time. Instructions are enclosed, but I couldn't figure it out. Love the watch. The band is gray with that little pop of pink on the outer face.
on November 27, 2013
I like my watch because the numbers that are on it are very easy to see. Even when you look at the watch quickly to see what time it is, you can see the numbers. I received the watch right on the date of delivery so I did not have to wait to wear it . When I wear it and type on my computer, it is not in the way of my wrist and the computer. So it is easy for me to type on the computer while I am wearing it.
on July 21, 2014
These TIMEX watches are simple and effective, robust enough not to worry about getting an occasional knock and just keep going. The 1440 Sports series have reasonably large readout numerals on the face and setting time, or any display features is very simple. Makes an ideal second watch and they just keep going. I would recommend this watch.
on October 31, 2015
I really like it, but I was pretty sure it was black when I ordered.... now that i look at the picture it is a rather light to be "black". It's fine though, I needed a change of color anyway. Still, I love this brand of watch! They take a licking, they are waterproof, and have plenty of features (though honestly I haven't used half of them on previous watches). This one in particular has second screen in which you can have a second time set, perfect when traveling in another time zone. Beware though, the second screen only stays up for a minute or two before flashing back to the first screen. Definately would buy again! (But hopefully not soon. I'm rather attached to this one. :)
on March 10, 2015
I am hard on watches, so I just buy one of these & replace as needed. I was a bit hesitant about the pink trim, but its really more of a soft mauve. The grey and mauve is a subtle pleasant combo, looks fine.
on March 4, 2014
Just got this watch today. It took me a little bit to set the time but once it was set I liked it. I travel by city bus a lot and now I have a watch to check the time with out digging in my purse for my phone. It will come in handy. I just hope it stands up with water. I like to swim so I hope it will continue to work after swimming and showers. It is a nice looking watch. So far I am happy with it