5.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch band pops off
Published 17 months ago by Biker Biker

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch band pops off, July 17, 2013
Biker Biker (Adirondacks, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Women's T5K7039J "Ironman" Watch with Purple Resin Band (Watch)
This watch did a fine job of keeping time and staying on my wrist for about a year. At that point the watch band popped off at the 4 places it attaches to the watch. The band is not held on by pins, but glue so you cannot just get a new band. My husband Gorilla glued the band back on because the watch itself worked fine. But after a month, that no longer held. It is a really poor design and now I cannot use the watch because of the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid watch, June 26, 2013
d_boe (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I was first introduced to this watch in 2005 and I've been using one when I run ever since. I've never had one that stopped working, though I have lost more than one. And each time I buy this same watch. I like that I can set intervals and I like being able to track my time after each mile using the lap function. I've used this watch in both extreme heat and pretty cold temperatures, and I've worn it for long runs in the pouring rain. When I lose my current watch, I'll be ordering this one again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, bad construction, July 25, 2013
I used this watch every day for 4 years for running and swimming, as well as work as an EMT. I replaced the battery once. It stood up to blood, sweat, water, and more. I loved this watch very much until last month when the watch fell off of the band. I tried fixing it, but it seems that once the band and watch part detach, there is no fixing it.

I'm not buying it again because I have read the same thing in other reviews, and don't want to have to keep buying more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch but Bad Back Light, June 23, 2014
Loved the look and features of the watch, but the back light broke on mine after 45 days, so it was no longer useful for me. I should have read the reviews because this is a common issue. If you don't plan on using the backlight, then I recommend buying this watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that the silver around the watch face is peeling ..., July 8, 2014
Disappointed that the silver around the watch face is peeling off. Surprised because I had a previous Ironman Timex that lasted for years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great workout watch but the band gave me a rash, January 7, 2014
S. Robertson (SF Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I had this watch for a couple of years and liked it's many functions. I wore it all the time, but then my wrist broke out in a rash. I figured I had exposed it to poison oak or something, but read on several forums that the resin band can give problems after a while. I tried both wrists, but still got a rash. I put it on last week for two hours after not having having worn it for six or eight months, and got a painful, itchy, swollen rash around my wrist. It took over a week for it to settle down. There's no other option as a band for this watch. I'd like to recommend it because I enjoyed the watch while I was able to wear it, but there's obviously something toxic in the band. Look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch with a couple of caveats!, May 30, 2014
This is my third watch like this and I would love to give it 5 stars, however, there are two issues. The strap will crack and then break after 2 years. I don't do anything harmful to the strap area it just cracks eventually. The other small issue is the numbers could be more intensely visible.
This is an extremely comfortable and lightweight watch with great breathability. I use the chronograph for everything from timing food in the kitchen to running!
Let's hope the company can address the strap issue!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but lasts for only a year, January 9, 2014
I love this watch but I am on my 4th in 4 years. Amazon has great prices on them, otherwise I wouldn't buy it. I do not wear them in the shower or pool because they are not waterproof from my experience. The band eventually falls off, usually after a year of daily wear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Never buying Timex again, October 22, 2014
I was SO excited about this watch when it first arrived. The color and design was beautiful and it was just the right size on my wrist.
It has been a little over a year of casual, everyday wear but now I am left with these problems:

1. several scratch marks across the screen
2. silver paint chipping off of the front cover
3. the Indiglo light no longer working (stopped after 3 months)
4. the wristband turning to uneven shades of gray (no matter how many different cleaning methods I've googled and tried) (And although Timex sells replacement watchbands for quite of few of their watches, this model is not one of them.)
5. the piece that holds the strap in place breaking off

Around my friends I am known for treating my things with care so I can only say that this watch is not up to "Ironman triathlon" standards if it can't even handle my day-to-day low-key wear. I only restrain from giving a 1-star rating because of how much I first loved this watch. But as for my future watch purchases, I will no longer be choosing Timex. This is the second watch I've gotten through them that have fallen apart so quickly.

I really, really hope this review helps someone because I certainly wish I had known all these factors before making a purchase. What a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is awesome! I use it everyday for my cross country ..., August 8, 2014
It is awesome! I use it everyday for my cross country practice and it's so easy to work with. I definitely recommend it!!!