Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

• Customer Reviews

on April 19, 2013
I love this watch! It's simple and classic. I love that it has military time inside the regular numbers, for easy conversion. And the indiglo function is great - you can see the watch clearly at night, but during the day it just looks like a classic old-school watch.

Be aware that the face is not white! It's a really nice shade of off-white/parchment/ivory, although it is listed as white. The picture of the item is accurate. Some of the other versions of this watch have a bright white face (or navy or black). If you intend to switch the band to a different color, just be aware of that.

I bought this particular color combo intending to switch out the band for an olive colored band, so I really wanted the off-white face. That is indeed what I got, and it looks great with the new band. I'm thrilled!

Also be aware that the watch has a definite TICK. It's not super-loud, but it's definitely there. Personally, I like this, but I know some people find it annoying.
on December 27, 2012
The Timex Weekender is a simple classic, hence, J. Unnamed Retailer carries them and marks up the price a ridiculous amount. There isn't a bad thing to say about this watch: it's completely worth the $35 I spent on it.

I've had it for a few months and wear it every other day or so. The hardware and crystal haven't scratched yet. It's mildly water-resistant, so lazy mornings in the shower have been fine to this watch. The watchband will probably be the first thing to get replaced, but at $6.99 a pop, it doesn't even hurt.

The face is barely off-white, which is a nice contrast to the silver hardware. The berry second hand and strap are accentuated wonderfully. It looks great on my dainty woman-wrists.

Absolutely fabulous value.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2013
I love that timex makes this classic style, reliable watch that doesn't have a million bells, whistles, dates and time zones. The indiglo reminds me of my first timex when I was a kid. The berry color is a good dark neutral- I expected it to be brighter, but I can always replace the band if I need more color. I bought this to replace my cheap travel watch, but I ended up wearing it every day. Doesn't react with my skin like most watches do, because the band threads through the back and is a barrier to the metal-skin-sweat rash that other watches give. I'm also not afraid it's going to stop working while I'm trekking foreign countries out of cell service range and need to catch the last bus or train. The moving second hand is a great indicator that the battery hasn't died (some watches don't have this).
on February 23, 2013
I purchased this for my wife as a travel watch. She owns a fancy Cartier but does not like to adveture travel with it. This watch has a large face with good size numerals so you can see the time at a glance. Held up well to hiking, getting wet, and being punished while traveling. I think it might be her favorite watch now.
on December 6, 2013
I've had a much smaller version of this watch that I purchased from J.Crew, mostly because of the ability to change the straps to go with different outfits. The price of their version was a bit high, and the face was so small, that it made it difficult to read it in low light.

I found this version (much larger face), on Amazon and saw that it was an "Indiglo" version of my old watch. Love that! Just push in the stem to light up the face. So convenient!! The price was also very good, so made it worth the purchase.

After getting it home, I started using it for work immediately. I've even purchased several different watch straps to go with it. (You just have to be careful to make sure to order the strap that has a 16mm width. They also come in different lengths, not so important to me because they're all too long so I just cut them off & burn the nylon end so that it won't fray.)

So glad I bought this watch!
on August 29, 2013
The watch upon receipt was found to defective, as such it caused a disappointment. As a suggestion: would it be possible to perform a inspection of the merchandise if the product is operational or not. Quality control would save a heap of money i.e. defective merchandise will certainly cause disappointment, it will cause extra effort to return the merchandise for either exchange or credit, and also it may cause for the customer to remove the merchant from the mailing list, even though the customer did not lose any money, but had to stand in line at the post office to return the merchandise.
on July 12, 2014
This is a really nice watch. If the band had been a little longer, it would have received 5 stars from me. I am a woman with large wrists (7.5 inches around), so the band fits, but only barely, and I'm only able to use the last hole to fasten it. That makes one of the metallic hold-down thingies (I'm not sure what to call it) superfluous, and there's no way to remove it.

Because the band is a slip-through, I would be really happy if Timex made available differently sized bands (such as short, regular and extra-long) that would give the wearer some choice of both color and size. I know other colors and widths of bands are available for separate purchase.

As others have said, the color of this band is kind of cranberry. I wish Timex made a true red one available.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2013
John Cameron Swayze's iconic commercials from the 1950s still burn in my consciousness. Timex watches would be strapped to a motorboat propeller, then tortured for a few seconds at high speed, removed and they'd be "Still Ticking." What I didn't realize at the time was that Timex was overcoming the perception that a watch had to cost several hundred dollars and be imported from Switzerland to be any good. Timex watches were mass produced, probably in Japan and kept flawless time despite their humble origin.

This little gem was a last minute birthday present for my wife who hates most watches, but loves this one. It is casual yet attractive. It has a minimum of functions - it basically tells time - and is easy to read with our baby boomer eyes. Want the date? Check the newspaper pal... this watch tells the time. Period. But it is as accurate as any $500 watch I have in my drawer and looks nice on my wife's wrist. It is the proper size for a woman (I had purchased it's larger size mistakenly and that one is on my wrist now.) and is nicely priced so that if it gets lost, it won't be a majorly bad day.
on November 16, 2012
I like the watch, it a good fit & color but the crystal is so scratched just after a few wearings. Too bad because nurses really like indiglo & the military time on a watch. No problems with the seller, it came to me quickly and with no issues.
on April 15, 2013
First the negative... When I pulled the little stem out GENTLY to remove the rubber thing that kept the watch from running in the mail, the stem came OUT in my hand. The GOOD news was I was able to reinsert it and the watch has worked fine since in keeping time the rest of the day. NOT for someone with small children who might eat the watch stem. No other Timex I've ever had has had this issue.

Now the POSITIVE... I love the indiglo feature and the big watch face with easy to read numbers. The strap looks more cranberry than boysenberry in person but fits comfortably and I have a small wrist. I love that it is black print on a white face and not the reverse. I forget that I have it on when I'm not looking at it, it is so comfortable.

I only rated it 4 stars due to the faulty stem... had that been properly secured in the watch as Timex usually does, it would have had a full five stars. Really... a tiny stem that comes loose could be a choking hazard for a small child.