5.0 out of 5 stars Short and very good
I chose this rating because my son loved it. The story was enjoyable and funny. Apart from that children can learn a great deal just by reading the story. I recommend this book for young readers and teenagers.
Published 22 months ago by Miriam Fabri

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, but dragged
I got this for an 8 year old boy. I had to do some heavy drama reading to keep him interested. We did finish it. Writing was less than average for children's books. One read was sufficient.
Published 21 months ago by Toasty Toes

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story with a lesson for the young ones..., May 7, 2013
This review is from: Timothy Tolliver and the Bully Basher: A Story About Bullies, a Living Robot, and Its Young Inventor (Kindle Edition)
I bought this little story book for my two grandnephews and grandnieces to read. I have read it with them and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The lesson of how to deal with bullies is very important for children and the author did a fantastic job of letting the young people know. We loved reading this book. I highly recommend this book to all parents who are looking for something with a lesson about manners and bullying.

Gaston Sanders, Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and very good, May 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars From a third grader, April 14, 2013
I like it because it tells the story about bullies and how they change and how to stand up to a bully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, March 20, 2013
The book was short but fun I loved reading it. Plus I loved the jokes it made me laugh lol

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this Book!:), May 25, 2013
It was a great book and teaches kids like me to use your imaginations to solve problems and just be creative. The downside to this Book is that it is a little short and the ending was very sudden too. I read it in a couple of days. Other than that, it was an amazing book. I would definitely recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good message for our kids, May 25, 2013
Unfortunately bullies are a part of life for most kids. Timothy and his friend face the cowardly bullies with courage and intelligence. Good lesson to teach our kids. I would have liked to see some images though but overall it's a good book.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, but dragged, May 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent story, February 28, 2013
It was a great chapter book to read with my son, who says, "it's a magnificent story". Great for younger advanced readers!

4.0 out of 5 stars A clever and interesting retelling of the Golem legend, October 15, 2013
Aaron Shepard is skilled in retelling legendary tales from non-American cultures. In this interesting short story he retells the Jewish Golem story. Three six graders bully Timothy and his friend, both in the fourth grade. But while the three are stronger than the two, Timothy is much brighter. He invents a robot that looks exactly like a fourth grader and uses it to stop the bullies. But as in the original Golem story and in Walt Disney's adaption, something goes wrong. Children will enjoy the adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars What happens when you create something worse than what you're fighting?, July 14, 2013
Timothy and Arnie would enjoy school a lot more without the three bullies - the Stinks - ganging up on them. But how do two fourth-graders stand up to the bigger sixth-grade bullies? The answer was to use their brains instead of the brawn that they lacked. With Timothy's creative genius and Arnie's knowledge of Jewish traditions, the boys created a robot programmed to give the bullies a taste of their own medicine. Unfortunately, Joe the robot had a mind of his own, and things quickly got out of hand.

It's an entertaining story based loosely on the Jewish legend of the Golem, a human-like creature made of clay and brought to life. Unfortunately, it's not the answer to ending bullying, but it's a fun idea to think about.