‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars ideas + inspiration = amazing!, April 8, 2009
LOVE this book, just ordered three more copies -- for my college step-daughter, my Pilates instructor and my physical therapist! Down-to-earth and practical (she gets it that we all have already busy lives) with great tips and techniques (well-researched, and the instructions are detailed and professional, much like you're in a personal training situation -- experience sure shows here). There's also some real leadership here, an understanding about where motivation comes from -- I was lacing up my sneakers after the first 4 chapters!

5.0 out of 5 stars outdoor fitness, July 8, 2011
motocita (united states) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Vindum's Outdoor Fitness: Step Out of the Gym and Into the BEST Shape of Your Life (Paperback)
I've been working out with Outdoor Fitness for about 2 months now, it's absolutely amazing! I've been dancing for 20 years, off and on strength training using elastic bands plus weights at home.... but this is the best shape I've ever been in. Plus, I really look forward to working out. It's fun being outside, and the exercises make me feel strong. The different terrains really do intensify the exercises. I'm experiencing the outdoors like I never have before, really being a part of it instead of just admiring the scenery. It felt a little strange at first doing these exercises, especially with other people around but now it feels so good that I don't really care. Also getting my Vitamin D/daily sunshine and I just feel amazing overall. Sometimes I don't even feel the need to turn on my music, it's so relaxing out in nature. Not like the gym where I had to drown out the noises and try not to look around at the ugly building.

In these two months, my legs have come about three quarters of the way to where I want them. They are muscular and toned and I am feeling strong. Still a little ways to go. I workout 6 days a week. It's not as hard as its sounds; once you step out the door your workout can start. Not like when I would get my bag together and drive to the gym or dance class. I'm back in 30-45 minutes, totally wiped out. Arms are definitely showing definition. My tan looks great : )

Also wanted to mention that I'm a busy mom and pet owner, and it's really really helpful to have a workout that can include them. I take my dogs jogging with me for the warm up (daughter rides her bike) and then plays at the playground while I workout at the park. All you typically need is a hill or trees or a picnic bench or playground equipment- haven't had a problem ever finding the props I needed. If you don't have a hill for example on that day, you just choose a different workout, like the one for stairs or bleachers. The equipment is all around you, you can leave home with nothing in your hands and nature will provide it all.

The book itself is good, nice photos to demonstrate the moves. I wish there were more workouts. I've done all of them already. A couple in the beginning focus on just upper or lower body. I wish there were about 20 combinations. Maybe I just need the creativity to make up my own. But it's great to be able to just open the book and not plan it all out first.

What a deal.. under $10 to get in the best shape of your life! HIGHLY recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the gym, April 13, 2009
I've always found the gym a soul-less place. When a highlight is using an elliptical trainer because it has a television screen so I can zone out and not think at all about what I am doing--well, that tells you something. This book helped me realize that it's all right outside my door--that I can get a great workout that doesn't feel like a chore. My first excursions outside were just runs, but this book has showed me so many ways to dramatically improve the quality of the workout while adding variety so that it feels like a new workout every time. The book is like a manual, and I actually plan my next day's workout while looking over it at night. It's meant to be marked up and thumbed through--really practical. I think it's especially good for people who have a hard time exercising regularly, for those who get bored with their workouts, or for those who just don't like the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more petri dish workouts in a gym..., May 24, 2009
Leigh Judson (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have finally found a program that truly integrates body, mind and soul into a consummate workout. Not only am I seeing results in my body, but I have this sense of euphoria...this feeling of strength and inspiration after each workout that I carry to the rest of my day...and it's building week to week. Never again will I succumb to the repetitive workouts and Petri dish environment of a gym. I am an "outdoor fitness" woman for life!

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, May 22, 2009
I've been working out with one of Tina's groups for 2-plus years now, so I was wondering how well Outdoor Fitness would translate onto the page. No question, this book will be a terrific companion for anyone new to or experienced in working out in the great outdoors. I'm one of those who needs a group or trainer to motivate me and to tell me what to do. This book will be great for those times when I'm travelling or have to go it alone. Tina does a great job of mapping out a variety of workouts (detailed but easy to follow), of providing the thinking behind the structure, and of including options. I especially like the "Quickie Workouts" which are just as advertised - quick and efficient. More than anything, I am thrilled to "read" Tina's personality on the page - her unflagging enthusiasm, positivity and intelligence. In real life Outdoor Fitness is the perfect combination of body and spirit - this book is up to that same task and will be a great guide to get to that balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY..something new and different in fitness, April 15, 2009
For anyone like me...who was tired of paying gym fees and bored with indoor workouts, this is an amazing solution. The workouts are easy to understand and they provide options for all levels of fitness. As a frequent business traveler, the unique ways of exercising anywhere are extremely helpful. This is not an ordinary fitness book. Vindum's program is a great way to spend time outdoors while improving my health.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best outdoor fitness books on the market, June 23, 2011
jensbaltrusch (Zurich, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
In my opinion an inspirational outdoor fitness book. The book is well written, contains a good choice of exercise pictures and goes beyond just doing exercises. I like the holistic touch when Tina describes her feelings and strategies of wellbeing in the great outdoors. The book also covers a good choice of sample exercise plans, training & food tips. It is a good reference for people who are interested in nature, outdoor sport and holistic living.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Outdoors, June 9, 2009
Tina's introduction to the great outdoors as a complete gym for mind, body and spirit has been transformational! It is a fun,comprehensive guide and reference source for our entire family to enjoy. Keep it in the kitchen or in your car as an inspiration to get outside make the most of the the beauty that surrounds us.

5.0 out of 5 stars The world is the gym, June 3, 2009
I gotta tell ya - this is changing my outlook on fitness. I went for a brilliant run today on my property in upstate New York, up and down my big hill, and found a brilliant tree just made for doing pull ups and it was a stunningly beautiful day and I really don't want to see the inside of a gym again. It's interesting to look at a landscape and not just admire the scenery - but instead wonder how you can use it to challenge yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor fitness, May 26, 2009
I have just read Tina Vindum's Outdoor Fitness - it is clear, it is enjoyable and the workouts are realistic. I have excitedly begun! This book reminds us to go outside and enjoy our wonderous surroundings while seeking a solid workout. I will definitely recommend this book and add to my ballet and waterpolo workouts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›