Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 4, 2013
These tinders catch with one strike of the firestarter when kept dry. They are really light weight and easy to compress a bunch in a small waterproof container. You should keep them in your survival pack or a waterproof container in your vehicle.
You never know when you might need them and they do a great job when you really need a fire you'll have one.
on May 3, 2012
This product will do exactly what it says it does. Its just smaller than you would imagine. each tab is approximately the size of a tootsie roll. These tabs are really just something to put in your survival pack. I cant imagine a time when I would really need one of these to start a fire other than in a survival situation. If you are going camping and you know it is going to be wet, you are much better off bringing some fire starter matches.
on June 27, 2013
These will catch a blaze in a windstorm!! A "Must Have" for the avid outdoorsman as well as the survivalist!! Don't be caught in an emergency situation w/o them!! I will be buying more! I put a pack in each of my SHTF back packs!!
on February 25, 2013
In the event of a catastrophic event, everyone should have a "Bug Out Bag" or "BOB". With this in mind, my wife and I have Back Packs with emergency gear in the case we must leave our home fast in case of a disaster. In putting together our "Emergency Bag" or "BOB", we realized we should have the basics: "water"; "shelter"; "food" and "fire"! Concerning "fire", "tinder" is a vital part in helping to create fire using "tinder". So, we are pleased with our purchase. It serves a purpose!
on March 6, 2014
Even though there are cheaper ways to start a fire, this is a useful item to keep on hand. No messy vaseline on cotton balls, and it's small enough to tuck into a pocket. Approved by all the Girl Scouts in this household!
on July 16, 2012
Not too many things light when wet, but just remember you still need dry kindling to keep a fire going. These won't last long at all, and they are small.

Still, the small size is great for fitting almost anywhere, you could easily fit all of these in a small tin.

You never know, this item for a few dollars could save you from hypothermia.
on March 2, 2011
I am very impressed with this fire starter. First test, lit with the very first strike of my Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel. 2nd test, placed two Tender Quick Fire Tabs on the ground and started a fire (again with the FireSteel) with damp sticks. Easiest fire that I have built in years!
on May 6, 2013
I bought these for my emergency kit, in case of a disaster. They are smaller than I thought they would be. But maybe you only need a little fire to start a bigger one. They are easy to transport as they take minimal room.
on August 19, 2013
The tinder light easily. I just wanted to see how they work. Normally I would not buy something like this. These tinders do burn for a fair amount of time. But, not for the 10 minutes the package claims.
on September 6, 2011
This is not the most cost effective way to go but I am very impressed with their performance. I have tried some of the home brews and in the end I have decided that Tinder-Quick will be part of my kit. I was impressed with the ease with which thay were ignited and the burn time was very acceptable. I have supplemented them with cotton gun patches impregnated with beeswax to get even the most stubborn fires going. this beats the heck out of anything I have made to date.