5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate waterproofing solution
Published on July 2, 2010 by walker

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Problem
Published on April 8, 2012 by Mr Joel Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate waterproofing solution, July 2, 2010
I bought these overshoes because they've served me well in the past and nothing is better than a rubber overshoe for dry feet. They work in wet grass all day long and are best used in heavy rain. Good traction on most surfaces EXCEPT wood. These overshoes fit over just about any footwear. I've used them over my bulky hiking boots without any trouble. If you're between 10 and a half or 11 foot size I would recommend buying a large. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, December 23, 2010
great product- get one size larger for easy fit and slipping on- I use it for my mesh running shoes so my feet don't get soaked in the rain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good galoshes, poorly sized, mediocre durability, August 24, 2010
I've used Tingley overshoes for years and like them. I suppose a criticism is that they're slippery, but all overshoes are--there's no easy way to put cleats in something floppy. A bigger criticism, though, is that they've changed their sizing. I used to wear size large and now I wear size medium, over exactly the same shoes (43N Birkenstock Arizonas)--a fairly annoying change when buying by mail.

Added Feb 2013: One of these now has a hole in it, after 2.5 years. I'm pretty sure these used to last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, July 17, 2011
I tried a number of those "duck shoes" you see everywhere, even the well built L.L. Bean shoes. They just didn't fit right. I purchased these but was a bit skeptical, however, to my surprise, these rubber overshoe protectors are very versatile. Thick & tough enough against the elements, yet pliable to get over a shoe. I certainly wouldn't hike on rocky trails with these, but I was impressed. Nice about these, I could take them off with relative ease if going into a house and not worry about tracking in dirt and grime. Easy to clean and store in my truck tool box. I am between a 10.5 and 11, so the extra large was perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Problem, April 8, 2012
Mr Joel Mason (Burke, Va United States) - See all my reviews
After reading the reviews regarding sizing problems, I decided to call Tingley directly before ordering the overshoes. I was told by the Tingley rep that I would need a size Large overshoe to fit my size 11 1/2 sneaker. However, the Large was too small, so I had to send the overshoe back and order a size Extra Large. For some reason, the Extra Large was sold by a different vendor than the one that sold the Large. The vendor for the Extra Large did not qualify for Prime shipping, so I now have to wait about 10 days to receive the replacement overshoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overshoe, January 15, 2011
I've used the overshoes several times over the past month. They are well made and work good. The only downside is that I have a hard time putting them on. I wear a size 8 show so I thought the size 8/9 would be the right size. I'm not sure it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, November 12, 2011
Steve B (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I bought the "large" size as recommended for wearing over my size 9 1/2 running shoes. The rubber overshoes appear bigger than I'm used to, but they're easy to put on and take off and they are strong and pliable. They work well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent overshoes, April 9, 2010
Noseybody (Spring Valley, NY USA) - See all my reviews
These overshoes protect your feet much better than Tingley Trims, and they are less likely to tear. However, they do look kind of silly.

Tingley used to produce a high top overshoe that is not so wide by the toe. But, I haven't been able to find them the last few years.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Style vs. Old Style, April 11, 2011
Based on the diagram of the Tingley Rubber 1300 High Top Work Rubber Stretch Overshoe, I thought I would be receiving the same overshoe that I have used for years. However, I was disappointed to find that Tingley has changed the model 1300 to be "Bigger, wider and longer" than the overshoe I was accustomed to. In fact...the new style was too big, too wide and too long to fit my boots properly. I've looked everywhere for the "old" style (exact same model number) but have not been able to find them. I wish Tingley would've left the "old" style alone and just created a new model, with a new model number, to accomodate the bigger, wider, longer boot/shoe. If you've had a pair of the "old" style and you liked the fit, you probably won't like the way the "new" style fits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe protection, January 31, 2011
These are a good choice for those looking to protect shoes. My first pair lasted four or five years before the rubber tore. The heel comes up a little higher than on some overshoes, giving a bit more protection in puddles or snow. Rubber significantly improves traction on ice, compared to hard-soled shoes.
My first pair seemed a little small, so I went with an extra large, but that was a mistake--they're really big. I guess the lesson is to follow the sizing recommendations given on the website.

Tingley Men's High Top Work Rubber Stretch Overshoe