5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Outdoor Activities - Rowing Regattas
Published 10 months ago by BDC62197

1.0 out of 5 stars These seemed to be a great value
This was the second pair I ordered for my son. They run small, had to return the first pair. This pair had a molded piece (defect) inside of one boots that rubber the top of his foot. After returning two pairs we decided to go with another brand.
Published 13 months ago by ArmchairShopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Outdoor Activities - Rowing Regattas, April 6, 2014
BDC62197 (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Following a particularly dismal day spent in Ohio drudging through mud and splashing through puddles, I decided it would be a good idea to purchase a good pair of boots. Searching on Amazon, these boots, sold by Tingley, caught my eye. I received them fairly quickly and in time for my next regatta. They feel extremely durable and have a practical design. The boots really reek of plastic, but since they are made of plastic, I guess that's okay.

This week I traveled to Delaware for a regatta, and luckily the weather was much better. However, it had rained the day before and the ground was muddy. I got a chance to use the boots, and I have to say they worked pretty well. My feet stayed dry and my pant legs remained mud free. I even received a couple of compliments on them.

Great overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars ..gotta work at it.., October 16, 2012
Martin Kleber lll (Kernersville, N.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tingley Men's Economy PVC Knee Plain-Toe Work Boot (Apparel)
..after I got these, I looked to replace them with something I could tuck my pants in..the tops were actually snug on my calves..but I found that if I tucked my pants in as I was pulling them up,they would stretch to accommodate my pants leg..saved some time not having to send them back..

4.0 out of 5 stars it wouldn't be a bad idea to go at least 1/2 smaller than you ..., August 21, 2014
I purchased these for my husband and they're as expected as far as quality and price. The only cautionary advice I would give is that they run more than a tad large, so if anticipating a purchase, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go at least 1/2 smaller than you believe you need. Certainly, don't even think about ordering them a size larger to accommodate socks or any of that -- there's plenty of extra room for even the thickest of them! My husband ordered his usual size and they are okay and he uses them, but I think he wishes he'd order a size smaller! That toe box is very large so no worries about pinching!

1.0 out of 5 stars These seemed to be a great value, January 26, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Boots, May 27, 2014
I just got these, but my foot is an odd size. My arch is high, and a strange width. These boots fit me pretty well, although I probably could have gone a size smaller. They run about half a size big, so get the right size -.5

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid boot for the price!!, April 29, 2014
Impressed with the quality of the boot for the price. Size was right on. I wear a size 12 shoe normally, I ordered a size 12 and they fit perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 30, 2014
Fits great! True to size. Waterproof and easy to clean. Would recommend these shoes to anyone, especially if you live on a farm.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAS BOOTS ARE GOOD YA', April 25, 2014
The price was unbeatable and the are heavy duty. Perfect for sloppy, wet conditions that are frequent in my area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but a tad big, January 31, 2015
John (San Rafael, CA USA) - See all my reviews
During the recent storms, I had to go outside to make sure the storm drain was not clogged. Moreover, I went around the house to check on the downspouts and drains. Wearing these boots allowed me to do so without getting my feet totally wet. The shoes are sturdy and I was able to walk about without any fear of slipping. The only reason I am not giving it five stars is that the sizing is bigger than I had anticipated. Although a tad large, it was not enough for me to return them. Besides, I only plan to wear these while sloshing around the house in the rain and not for any social event.

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises here!, December 18, 2014
Grinell Smith (Santa Cruz, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Basic boots. Rugged and reasonably well made. The fit is as expected, perhaps a shade on the large size, but hardly worth mentioning. The "Tingly" brand wears off quickly, but that's absolutely not an issue for me.

Next time, I'm going to pay the few bucks more and buy boots with a cloth liner becuase I find them more comfortable. That said, these are perfectly fine if I wear a good pair of socks.