4.0 out of 5 stars incorrect sizing
Published on July 7, 2011 by steve

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAKS!!!!!!!
Published 11 months ago by C. Wayman

4.0 out of 5 stars incorrect sizing, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Tingley Men's PVC Steel Toe 15" Knee Boot (Apparel)
Im 14 and wear a size 14 -15 shoe. I ordered a 13 hearing the sizes seemed a little too big. interestingly. they are over an inch too big even with ordering it a size small. I like how they are cheep and comfortable enough and I need the steel toe for my summer fishing job so i will just order another pair until i grow into these. I would be careful and order 1-2 sizes below yours to be safe. After all- you CAN return them. Other than this these boots are well worth it... just as comfortable as my last 99$ pair as my viking fishing boots (if they fit) and these are even steel toe'd!! They are also durable enough to be unmarked after 2 weeks of heavy (and rather floppy) work. Just be sure to have long socks or your pants tucked in or you get a rash on the back of your leg from constant rubbing. Also if you live in a cold area or intend to use them in snow get some goat-fleece boot liners from Grundéns fishing supply (search: "grundens" on google and pick one of the 2 or 3 different sites that are completely Grunden based). 16$ but they make or break being able to wear these in snow in place of another pair of winter boots.

ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mucks!, February 24, 2011
Sara B. (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tingley Men's PVC Steel Toe 15" Knee Boot (Apparel)
Initially I was worried about buying these boots over the internet. I wear a size 9.5 - 10 in womens shoes, and sometimes when I buy men's shoes, I need anywhere from a 7.5 to a 8.5 depending on the brand. I vacillated between getting the 8 in these boots, or the 9. In the end, I went with one reviewer's opinion about the boots being too big, and I ordered the 8. I'm so glad I did!

The 8 fits great! There's a little bit of room in the heel for slippage that can be fixed with a thick sock, and maybe a pair of those Dr. Scholls gel inserts. I wouldn't want them to be too snug anyway, because once they're mucked up, you don't want to have to sit down somewhere and tug on them to get them off. I slipped them off easily with the toe-heel pry-up, and the little notch in the heel was great for that.

The boots are very comfortable and cool in temperature. In the winter, during stable work, they might be a little too cool, but in Virginia, in the Spring and Summer, they're going to be perfect. I'll follow-up with more after this weekend at the stables. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but oversized, January 5, 2013
I bought this boots last month for disaster relief work in Staten Island, NY. It arrived just in time. The boots looks sturdy and well made. The bottom is thick, and the steel toe is my favorite part. I weared it to tear the floor, knock down the sheetrocks, and clean out the debries. With so many random nails on the floor, my feet were well protected. In the cold weather of NY, I weared only one pair of crew sock. So the boots did a fine job to keep my feet warm as well.
However, the size of this boots was really confusing. I read most reviews before I bought it. Some reveiw say the size is larger than normal, while others say the size is good. I chose to believe the latter, and found out that I chose the wrong side...For me, I wear 11 for sports shoes, but the 11-size boots is way too long for me. BEWARE, that the size is larger than your usual one. At least pick one size down and it should work perfect for you.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the boots and hope everyone find theirs!

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAKS!!!!!!!, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Tingley Men's PVC Steel Toe 15" Knee Boot (Apparel)
I see so many great reviews and that's why I got these. I am actually in the military and deployed. It is currently rain season at the desert base that I am stationed at and I work fuels so instead of having tanks we have fuel bladders and they are in these diked areas so incase one of these bladders burst it catches the fuel. Well, guess what else it catches.... RAIN!. So I couldn't wait until these got to my location because we have to get down in these diked areas. Well they got here today. I was down in the diked areas today, and my toes... on both feet are wet. So not a huge leak but still a leak and not it is not sweat. So not happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves his new boots, January 10, 2013
Based on other reviews, I originally ordered a size 9 for my normally-size-10 husband. Unfortunately he struggled to get them over his high arches. Once he received the size 10s, he is very happy with them. Decent boots at a reasonable price. Also, we received the order very quickly and were happy about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not easy to find a steel toed rubber boot that will fit a woman!, March 18, 2013
As an environmental consultant, I take on many different types of jobs. My latest job required a ton of PPE, including steel toed rubber boots. . . can you believe it is nearly impossible to find such a thing made for a woman?! I looked around locally, and was unable to find anything even close to my size. Then I looked online, and this was the only place that I found a size small enough to fit me (male, size 5), and very reasonably priced too! I needed these boots in a hurry, and the seller did not disappoint. They were delivered on time and the fit like a dream. I am a size 7 1/2 women and the size 5 man's boot fits perfectly. I would highly recommend this company and this product to everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big, December 10, 2009
I bought these for a trip to the amazon. They are high quality. But size ten is more like a size 12.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, January 7, 2013
My husband works with livestock on a daily basis and likes to do side jobs. These boots have been great because he can quickly slip them on and off when going to and from the classroom, they can easily be sprayed off and they are clean, they have the steal toe so if a cow steps on his feet which happens often he won't get hurt....wonderful product with an even better price

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick note on sizing, September 22, 2013
DDC (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I haven't had these long enough to really beat them up and evaluate them, but I wanted to offer my experience with the size of the boots, which seems to be a big issue. As of the date of this review (maybe they've changed the size from the past), I've found them to be correctly sized. I'm pretty much a perfect 10 1/2 - I order all my shoes online and almost never have a problem. I ordered a size 10 pair of these boots and they fit correctly. They would accommodate a set of thick wool socks, which I imagine will be necessary in the winter or for extended water use.

I hope this helps anyone considering these boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Steel Toe PVC boot...mine were a little different than pictured, March 18, 2012
Pichan (Brooklyn, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tingley Men's PVC Steel Toe 15" Knee Boot (Apparel)
Mine are different than what the picture shows. The primary differences are:

1) there is a seam straight up the middle of the boots, from toe to the cuff...the picture appears to be a single, unseamed mold.
2) the outer sides of the boots are embossed with "Made in Mexico"...it is part of the mold.

I believe that the above are simply aesthetic, and will not affect the function.

Mine were a bit snug, since I ordered Men's Size 11 (I usually take a 11.5 to 12 Men's) based on most reviews saying they came a little big. If I were in a shoe store, I'd try on the 12's...but it's not worth a return, since I can live with it for the work I plan to do.

Mine were also missing one (yes, just one) of the innersoles, so I bought a new pair to insert myself.

Overall, at this price, you can't go wrong...just keep in mind that yours may not be as finished looking as they appear in the current photo.

Tingley Men's PVC Steel Toe 15" Knee Boot