Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tingley Men's Storm Stretch Overshoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 9, 2013
These rubber loafers are a real life saver for me. I can't wear snow/rain boots due to a disability. The overshoes fit easily over my custom-made shoes, with tread keeps me safe when walking city sidewalks on sloppy weather days. This type of overshoe is designed to fit snugly, but because Tingleys are thicker than other brands they can be tricky to fit over your shoes. Totes may slip on more easily, but in my experience they wear out more quickly than Tingleys. I find that using a dry type silicone lubricant spray on these shoes keeps them pliable and easy to pull on. This spray also keeps the surface looking new. Once a year I spray them inside and out then wipe them lightly with a soft cloth... this keeps them in good shape. The dry silicone spray doesn't transfer onto my leather shoes and it's also useful around the house. I hope this helps!
on February 3, 2015
Like other reviews have said, buy the next size up. I wear a men's 10 1/2 EEE. I bought the XL size for 11 - 13 mens. They fit perfectly, not lose at all and not too tight. So far I'm happy.
Also, this product is intended for Dress Shoes, NOT sneakers. The XL size does not fit my 10 1/2 EE Asics but really I didn't expect it to.
So far they have held up well in all this snow we've gotten. The textured rubber sole has provided good traction even on ice. I like these better than the Totes brand.
The only thing I don't like is the "tongue" on these. I guess they thought the "tongue" ads "style" but it constantly catches my shoe and it rolls under when I put them on. It's annoying and seriously it's a black rubber shoe cover, there is no style!

Pros:
1 Decent traction
2 Keeps Dress Shoes dry
3 Holding up against road salt & ice melt
4 Seems better made than other brands

Con's:
1 Annoying "tongue" design rolls under when putting them on.

Other thoughts:
1 Runs a size small (could be a con too I guess)
2 Product is NOT intended for sneakers.
review image
on October 21, 2012
The product worked perfectly. I walked over a mile in a steady moderate rain and my sneakers remained totally dry under the storm rubber loafer. The sizes run small though. I am a 9 1/2 sneaker size and the men's XL 11-13 size fit me perfectly. I also liked the fact that the rubber stretched well making taking the rubber on and off of my sneaker easy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 2, 2014
Starting in late June here in South Florida, we experience torrential downpours every afternoon for a few months. The monsoon rain is bad enough in itself, but due to the water table and drainage situation, pools of water accumulate in minutes and just crossing the street to get into your car can be fatal to a good pair of shoes. I quickly learned that some kind of emergency go-to protection is a necessity after doing irreversible damage to several shoes. I keep these Tingley Overshoes in my car under the seat so they're available when needed. Unlike cheaper alternatives, these overshoes have a substantial construction and I'm never afraid they'll split open or rip when I stretch them on. They slip on easily with no wrestling required. I've never had to wear them and walk long distances, but I feel confident that durability is not even an issue. There are also much more expensive alternatives available, but these Tingley's seem to strike the sweet spot between price and durability. I use a size 11 shoe and the XL works well for me. Highly recommended.
on March 7, 2013
Although the size says that 2XL fits 12.5 to 14 shoes, they are too small for my 13 wide shoes. Tingley does make a "GIANT" size as well, which will fit - but apparently Amazon doesn't carry that size.

No big problem for me, as these fit my son's size 11.5 perfectly.
on October 8, 2013
My shoe size is 10.5 US and I got the 2xL size, knowing they ran small. It is the right size to go over a regular 10.5 shoe or sneaker. It has some extra room in the front, so a size 11 could be a perfect match..

Drawback is that the shoe bottom is not as "grippy" on a wet surface as the sole and heel of the shoes it is to protect!

The pair weights perhaps a pound or so, and fold up for travel. You can purchase much lighter weight, thinner shoe covers... however if you want endurance over light weight, these would be the better choice.
on July 29, 2012
A snowy Nebraska college parking lot showed me just how good these rubbers are! I put them on over my sneakers to clear the snow from my car windows, then managed to get stuck in the deep snow in the lot. Without a shovel, I worked my way out in about half an hour by kicking snow from around my tires (thank you, rubbers!), only to get stuck again in the plowed snow at the lot's entrance. Time for some serious gear, and again the rubbers were handy when I put on my tire chains. The chains gave me great traction, and I later found myself helping some teammates who were having their own trouble in the snow. My rubbers' non-slip soles were great when I helped pushed about four other cars out of the snow they were stuck in. My gymnastic buddies, although it took a while for them to admit it, were a little jealous of not only the tire chains, but also my rubbers. Perhaps a few more sales will be coming!
on January 13, 2011
These seem sturdy and well-made, and they've held up so far. I use them for running in the snow, which is pretty demanding.
on January 29, 2015
These seem excellent. I wear an 8 1/2 shoe normally, so for these, on the advice of others in these comments, I bought these rubber overshoes in a large (9 1/2 - 11). I haven't worn them outside yet, but I tested them around my house. I put them through a pretty rigorous test, too -- jogging around, making quick cuts, walking fast -- trying to replicate anything I might be doing wearing them for real. They passed. They went on easily enough, they did not slip as I was putting them through their paces, and they were easy to get off. I have no doubt they're adequately waterproof, since they're just rubber; I expect they'll work just fine when I wear them for real, but if they don't, I'll post an update.
on December 6, 2014
After reading several reviews of this and other brand's overshoes, I decided to purchase the size XL instead of L. I normally wear a size 9 1/2 men's shoe. I already had 2 pairs of size L overshoes which were extremely difficult to get on over my shoes. The size XL I ordered worked perfectly. So I would recommend that you order the next size up.