5.0 out of 5 stars a quality product - great for travel
Published 20 months ago by S. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Be sure you check the sizes carefully when you get them
Today, for the first time (of course past the return window), for some reason I looked at the bottom of these overshoes. Amazon sent me one medium and one large. I've been struggling with putting one of them on (shame on me, I know for not checking earlier-not smart). Be sure you check the sizes - there's another mis-matched pair out there somewhere.
Published 10 months ago by y2kdaddio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a quality product - great for travel, April 13, 2013
S. Martin (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tingley Men's Trim Rain Shoe (Apparel)
I have owned my Tingley Trim Stretch Rubber Overshoes for almost five years now; they have outlasted every other brand I have ever tried. Two months ago, I took them on a 9 day trip to Italy. Italy in January can be wet, and it was - it rained 8 of the 9 days. I wore them all day, every day, while walking extensively (3-10 miles per day) on cobblestone streets. They held up, and my wife and daughter were jealous because they kept my feet drier than their zipper boots! Then to London, where it had just snowed... They fit equally well over my dress shoes or my low-top sneakers. I have worn them over sneakers for late spring hiking in the Green Mountains in Vermont.

They are my preferred choice for traveling, since they crush flat for packing and can be kept in the outside pocket of my rollaboard suitcase for quick access. Try that with a pair of boots!

For sizing, take care that you buy the next size or so larger than your shoe size. This is normal for overshoes but many people are not
aware of this; like some other reviewers, my first attempt at ordering had to be returned. For instance, I wear an 8-1/2 Mens shoe, so buy the Tingley Large 10-11-1/2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy These! (if you need a dress overshoe), January 5, 2013
This review is from: Tingley Men's Trim Rain Shoe (Apparel)
My last pair of Tingley Trim overshoes lasted well over 10 years. These appear to be comparable in quality, with the exception that they are now made in Mexico instead of USA. Time will tell.
Considering they are made of rubber, I detected no unusual odor or film as mentioned in another review. Regardless, they really aren't meant to be worn indoors.
I tend to wear leather-sole dress shoes, so when the pavement is wet, or salted heavily during the winter time, these come in handy keeping your feet dry and protecting your shoes.
I like the TRIM style better than the others, as I usually wear a loafer-style dress shoe at work. I wear a size 11b, and the size Large fits well.
In short, if you have a use for a dress overshoe, these are a good choice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be sure you check the sizes carefully when you get them, February 4, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Lean toward larger size than you think you need, February 24, 2014
Overshoes were delivered as scheduled, are of very good quality, and were reasonably priced. Unless you wear pointed-toe shoes, you should order toward the larger sizes. Definitely the way to order if you wear blunt or square toed shoes. Easy-on, easy-off (sounds like an Interstate interchange). Good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Have to Worry About the Weather Anymore, September 20, 2014
I recently purchased a few pairs of really nice dress shoes. I would like to keep the shoes in like-new condition and that means keeping them from getting wet. I wear my "beater shoes" on rainy days, but unfortunately you can't always predict when the next rain storm comes up. I keep a pair of these overshoes in my laptop bag in case I need them.

I have never used overshoes before so I was not sure what to expect. Some observations:

-- The overshoes look better when placed on a shoe than they do in the photo. Not great, but acceptable.
-- The material seems to be of good quality
-- The amount of coverage with this version is just right. The only part of the shoe that remains exposed is covered by the pant leg anyway. I considered the Tingley "storm" version that covers more of the shoe, but I think this would only be necessary for deep snow or really extreme circumstances, or if you don't wear pants.
-- This model is not shaped for loafer-style shoes but still works ok with these
-- I don't have any issues getting them on. The rubber material is stretchy and smooth enough so they slide on easily.

I thought I would be self-conscious and feel goofy using these but in reality it has not been a big deal. Avoiding ruining expensive shoes makes these overshoes well worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars You need narrow pointed toe shoes, August 23, 2013
Terry L Pruss (Highlands Ranch, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased XL size for my 11.5 men's feet. Way too small. The idea was to take them on a long vacation. No such luck! I think these are made only for the long pointy office shoes that men used to wear to the office. I ordered this and another brand. Same problem with that one. I should have taken the hint from the many other reviews that essentially said the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, March 2, 2014
Emilie B (Edina, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Good-looking, well fitting overshoes for our trip to a wet city -- and for use at home during rainy days. I am eager to try out the tread.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, December 22, 2013
I wear a size 9 shoe,,These overshoes have to really stretch to get them on. Next size probably too loose. O well they just last a season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super speedy!, December 10, 2013
Wow, seems like I just ordered these and here they are. Got them for my dog to give to my brother, who walks him everyday. The box looks new, so I hope they are nice. According to the other reviews, they are and the other reviews are usually spot on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed to really fit pointy dress shoes., November 25, 2013
Did not really fit over any of my shoes correctly. They were very pointy, meaning they tend to flop around at the tip if I wear rounder shoes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›