5.0 out of 5 stars a quality product - great for travel
Published 15 months ago by S. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed to really fit pointy dress shoes.
Did not really fit over any of my shoes correctly. They were very pointy, meaning they tend to flop around at the tip if I wear rounder shoes.
Published 7 months ago by Shalimar Steinberg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a quality product - great for travel, April 13, 2013
S. Martin (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tingley Men's Trim Stretch Overshoe (Apparel)
I have owned my Tingley Trim Stretch Rubber Overshoes for almost five years now; they have outlasted every other brand I have ever tried. Two months ago, I took them on a 9 day trip to Italy. Italy in January can be wet, and it was - it rained 8 of the 9 days. I wore them all day, every day, while walking extensively (3-10 miles per day) on cobblestone streets. They held up, and my wife and daughter were jealous because they kept my feet drier than their zipper boots! Then to London, where it had just snowed... They fit equally well over my dress shoes or my low-top sneakers. I have worn them over sneakers for late spring hiking in the Green Mountains in Vermont.

They are my preferred choice for traveling, since they crush flat for packing and can be kept in the outside pocket of my rollaboard suitcase for quick access. Try that with a pair of boots!

For sizing, take care that you buy the next size or so larger than your shoe size. This is normal for overshoes but many people are not
aware of this; like some other reviewers, my first attempt at ordering had to be returned. For instance, I wear an 8-1/2 Mens shoe, so buy the Tingley Large 10-11-1/2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy These! (if you need a dress overshoe), January 5, 2013
This review is from: Tingley Men's Trim Stretch Overshoe (Apparel)
My last pair of Tingley Trim overshoes lasted well over 10 years. These appear to be comparable in quality, with the exception that they are now made in Mexico instead of USA. Time will tell.
Considering they are made of rubber, I detected no unusual odor or film as mentioned in another review. Regardless, they really aren't meant to be worn indoors.
I tend to wear leather-sole dress shoes, so when the pavement is wet, or salted heavily during the winter time, these come in handy keeping your feet dry and protecting your shoes.
I like the TRIM style better than the others, as I usually wear a loafer-style dress shoe at work. I wear a size 11b, and the size Large fits well.
In short, if you have a use for a dress overshoe, these are a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lean toward larger size than you think you need, February 24, 2014
Overshoes were delivered as scheduled, are of very good quality, and were reasonably priced. Unless you wear pointed-toe shoes, you should order toward the larger sizes. Definitely the way to order if you wear blunt or square toed shoes. Easy-on, easy-off (sounds like an Interstate interchange). Good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, March 2, 2014
Emilie Buchwald (Edina, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Good-looking, well fitting overshoes for our trip to a wet city -- and for use at home during rainy days. I am eager to try out the tread.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be sure you check the sizes carefully when you get them, February 4, 2014
Today, for the first time (of course past the return window), for some reason I looked at the bottom of these overshoes. Amazon sent me one medium and one large. I've been struggling with putting one of them on (shame on me, I know for not checking earlier-not smart). Be sure you check the sizes - there's another mis-matched pair out there somewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, December 22, 2013
I wear a size 9 shoe,,These overshoes have to really stretch to get them on. Next size probably too loose. O well they just last a season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super speedy!, December 10, 2013
Wow, seems like I just ordered these and here they are. Got them for my dog to give to my brother, who walks him everyday. The box looks new, so I hope they are nice. According to the other reviews, they are and the other reviews are usually spot on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed to really fit pointy dress shoes., November 25, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy these, March 19, 2007
These are very poor quality and arrive coated with some type of bad smelling oily film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like dad's!, May 8, 2014
So far I'm very impressed. Great fit with little squeaking like I've had with others. They fit very well over proper dress shoes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›