Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on April 13, 2013
I have owned my Tingley Trim Stretch Rubber Overshoes for almost five years now; they have outlasted every other brand I have ever tried. Two months ago, I took them on a 9 day trip to Italy. Italy in January can be wet, and it was - it rained 8 of the 9 days. I wore them all day, every day, while walking extensively (3-10 miles per day) on cobblestone streets. They held up, and my wife and daughter were jealous because they kept my feet drier than their zipper boots! Then to London, where it had just snowed... They fit equally well over my dress shoes or my low-top sneakers. I have worn them over sneakers for late spring hiking in the Green Mountains in Vermont.

They are my preferred choice for traveling, since they crush flat for packing and can be kept in the outside pocket of my rollaboard suitcase for quick access. Try that with a pair of boots!

For sizing, take care that you buy the next size or so larger than your shoe size. This is normal for overshoes but many people are not
aware of this; like some other reviewers, my first attempt at ordering had to be returned. For instance, I wear an 8-1/2 Mens shoe, so buy the Tingley Large 10-11-1/2.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
My last pair of Tingley Trim overshoes lasted well over 10 years. These appear to be comparable in quality, with the exception that they are now made in Mexico instead of USA. Time will tell.
Considering they are made of rubber, I detected no unusual odor or film as mentioned in another review. Regardless, they really aren't meant to be worn indoors.
I tend to wear leather-sole dress shoes, so when the pavement is wet, or salted heavily during the winter time, these come in handy keeping your feet dry and protecting your shoes.
I like the TRIM style better than the others, as I usually wear a loafer-style dress shoe at work. I wear a size 11b, and the size Large fits well.
In short, if you have a use for a dress overshoe, these are a good choice.
on February 4, 2014
Today, for the first time (of course past the return window), for some reason I looked at the bottom of these overshoes. Amazon sent me one medium and one large. I've been struggling with putting one of them on (shame on me, I know for not checking earlier-not smart). Be sure you check the sizes - there's another mis-matched pair out there somewhere.
on February 24, 2014
Overshoes were delivered as scheduled, are of very good quality, and were reasonably priced. Unless you wear pointed-toe shoes, you should order toward the larger sizes. Definitely the way to order if you wear blunt or square toed shoes. Easy-on, easy-off (sounds like an Interstate interchange). Good value for the price.
on January 6, 2015
These overshoes seem to be quality and I am sure I would love them if they would fit my shoes. I wear a size 12 shoe with a box toe (not pointed). The XL overshoes, which are supposed to cover shoes up to size 14, are too small for my shoes. They are too narrow and not quite long enough.
on September 20, 2014
I recently purchased a few pairs of really nice dress shoes. I would like to keep the shoes in like-new condition and that means keeping them from getting wet. I wear my "beater shoes" on rainy days, but unfortunately you can't always predict when the next rain storm comes up. I keep a pair of these overshoes in my laptop bag in case I need them.

I have never used overshoes before so I was not sure what to expect. Some observations:

-- The overshoes look better when placed on a shoe than they do in the photo. Not great, but acceptable.
-- The material seems to be of good quality
-- The amount of coverage with this version is just right. The only part of the shoe that remains exposed is covered by the pant leg anyway. I considered the Tingley "storm" version that covers more of the shoe, but I think this would only be necessary for deep snow or really extreme circumstances, or if you don't wear pants.
-- This model is not shaped for loafer-style shoes but still works ok with these
-- I don't have any issues getting them on. The rubber material is stretchy and smooth enough so they slide on easily.

I thought I would be self-conscious and feel goofy using these but in reality it has not been a big deal. Avoiding ruining expensive shoes makes these overshoes well worth it.
on November 25, 2013
Did not really fit over any of my shoes correctly. They were very pointy, meaning they tend to flop around at the tip if I wear rounder shoes.
on December 22, 2013
I wear a size 9 shoe,,These overshoes have to really stretch to get them on. Next size probably too loose. O well they just last a season.
on March 14, 2015
Yes, these run way small especially in width. I can barely fit them on 10.5 or 11 shoes. I found it easiest to slip the front of shoe in, then put my foot in the shoe, then pull the back up and round the heel. They do stretch a lot then snap back which is what keeps them on the shoe. The front is very pointed. Unless your shoes are too, you get a super tight fit but a 1/2" of empty flopping space at front. The appearance is stark and utilitarian matte black. Don't expect to fool anyone. These don't cover the full tongue. So It's obvious you are wearing rubber overshoes. It's really noticeable if your dress shoes are highly polished. At least they keep your feet dry as advertised.
on October 29, 2014
Could not locate Tingley rubbers in dept stores, so I took a chance ordering online because you can't actually handle them to determine the quality of the rubber. I was also worried they would not fit because of the many reviews that mentioned fit problems. So I took the advice of many reviewers and ordered extra large for my dad's 10-1/2 size shoe. I found the quality of the rubber to be very good; it had enough stretch to easily fit over his dress shoes. This type of "Trim Stretch Overshoe" is not designed to fit over bulky shoes. There is also a good, non-slip sole underneath that makes it safe for him, an elderly person. Yes, we are very satisfied with this purchase.