Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tiniboy 36 Gauge Lancets - Box of 100
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 23, 2010
My father has had type 2 diabetes for about 10 years now and he's tried pretty much every lancet under the sun. Although he became accustomed to the pain from the needles over time, I can definitely see how they have taken a toll on his body. His fingertips started to become calloused and raw from the length and thickness of the lancets he was using -- especially ones from BD (he used the "Ultra Fine" ones for a few weeks and within that period, his fingertips became so abnormally calloused that my dad stopped using them immediately).

A few months ago, I googled for more information on diabetes, and I read a messageboard on these new Tiniboy lancets that were supposedly the thinnest and most painless lancets on the market. First, I was a little wary of the name because it sounds like it's for children and I had my doubts that it would be strong enough for my 58 year old dad. After going on their website and doing a little more research, I decided just to order a box so that my dad could try them out. All I have to say is: WOW. My dad actually called me while I was at work to thank me for them, because he'd never used lancets before that were as comfortable to use as Tiniboy's. He said that the blood that he got from each draw was just as sufficient as all the other brands he's tried, but that it didn't leave any marks and he pretty much felt no pain. I tested it out of curiosity and it felt like a gentle pinch.

We just bought another box and I'm pretty sure that we'll never have to try any other brands again.
on June 9, 2012
I too after reading after reading David Mendosa's comments placed an online order and can tell you they are as good as Mr. Mendosa states. All I can say is Thank You. You have to try them once then you will not change back to any other lancet.
on June 14, 2015
No pain!! I honestly have no pain in my fingertips when using Tiniboy lancets. After recently going from prediabetic to full-fledged Type 2, I knew I had to get serious about checking my blood sugar at home. I had previously refused to test very often because regular lancets were so painful and left my fingertips tender and bruised. I began using Tiniboy and they have been life-changing. (And I do not use the term "life-changing" lightly.) Regular testing with Tiniboy lancets has enabled me to gain a measure of blood sugar control that I've never achieved before. Even when I test up to five times per day there is no pain and no bruising and I'm finally learning exactly how certain foods and activities affect my readings. I've had good success in getting an adequate blood sample because I'm careful about how I prepare, making sure my fingers are well warmed, either by washing in warm water or by rubbing my hands together briskly. Because I'm right handed I usually test on my left hand, using my left thumb to press down on the pad of the finger to be tested. This causes the sides of the fingertip to bulge out slightly and then I use the lancet there on the side. (There are fewer nerve endings on the sides of the fingertips than the on the pads so testing on a side is less painful.) I use a decent amount of pressure on my lancing device to make sure I get a deep enough stick and then---voila!---that lovely little red drop appears. On rare occasions I do have to stick twice but because of Tiniboy's size, sticking twice doesn't produce tears of pain and frustration. I wish I could give its inventor a big hug!
on May 23, 2014
My son (who's 10 by now), was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes since he was 18 months old. At that time, we started using 30 gauge lancets from a very renowned company in this market. I won't say their name but I will give you a clue (Bravo & Delta), to help you figure it out. Then we stepped up to their 33 gauge lancets as they claimed (and still claim) that there are no thinner lancets on the market than theirs. I can't say that they were more comfortable for him. I guess less painful is a more acceptable statement. Then a few years ago a friend of mine told me about tiniBoy. He was using them already and he was very pleased with their performance. He immediately gave me some samples to test them. I just couldn't believe how thin and short they were. As we both work on a Medical Device company, I went to our lab and took a better look at them using a microscope. I was amazed with their size. I went home and did some research at their website and I had to admit that I even search info about their creator: Dr. Stanley Kim. I was stunned about the simplicity and ready-witted of his concept: "make a less intimidating and virtually pain free lancet". As you may know, not only the needle's gauge can make you feel "intimidated" but also its length too. I then took my son's lancet device, inserted a tiniBoy lancet on it and hit a shot on my finger. The way I can describe my experience is something like when you get bitten by a mosquito. You can feel the mosquito but not the sting, what you really feel is the toxin they leave in you after they suck your blood. Well, it is almost the same here. I do felt an impact but not the needle. Not even that delayed-pain sensation you usually get with the other lancets out there, even with the 33's. I still remember the expression of my son's face the first time I showed him the lancets with the needle exposed. It was like: "Are you serious? I can barely see the needle". Then I told him to take a closer look (and a really closer one by the way). He then told me: "Wow dad, that tiny thing can't be the needle". He truly wasn't a believer at that moment. So I encouraged him to try them and tell me what he thought of them. He took a new one, inserted it on the device and... "See dad, there's no blood on my finger, I guess that one didn't have a needle on it". I then told him to squeeze his finger just a little bit. A drop of blood immediately started to flow from it. I won't forget the smile on his face as he told me "I didn't feel any pain dad, can you get more?"
So I ordered my first boxes from their website and we've been using them ever since. Two years later, we don't have any issues so far. The blood flows instantly after the first shot almost all times. Sometimes he has to put a little pressure on his finger after the shot to collect the sample (not a deal for him); just a few times he has to try a second shot. I can say that the tiniBoy lancets really exceeded my expectations. I'm really thankful to my friend for letting me know about them and to Dr. Kim for making a reality his wonderful concept.

Miguel Soto
on July 23, 2010
When I first got these, I couldn't even see the needle without my glasses. I didn't believe that these would produce any blood from my calloused fingers. Boy, was I wrong. These produced more than enough blood, and I didn't even feel a thing! I'm only using my Tiniboy's from now on.
on July 30, 2010
An absolute godsend! Tiniboy lancets are really painless and produce enough for an accurate sample. I *highly* recommend this product.
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2010
I post a review on my blog at [...] with pictures comparing these lancets to other common brands (see my picture in the customer images). The Tiniboy lancets are almost invisible, and a lot less painful to use. I'm going to try them out exclusively for a while and see how my fingers feel after a few weeks.

I don't know if the blog post link will come through, you can find it at
[...].
review image
on February 19, 2016
This was the first time I had purchased this brand of lancets. I can't believe how thin the needle is! They work great and now I no longer have bruises on all of my fingers. I will definitely purchase these again!!
on June 16, 2016
I wish I could give these a five-star review, because they really are so much less painful than larger lancets, and when they work, they work great. Unfortunately, there are quality-control issues that frequently crop up: the needle is bent over out of the box (partly a problem with how the stylet cup is mounted), but even in cases where the cup is still straight and secure, the needle is often off-center, mounted in the plastic at an odd angle, and mounted at varying depths (sometimes, barely protruding from the plastic). It can be infuriating to go through three or four lancets just to take one reading, with tiny and inadequate blood spots to get a blood-glucose reading. I hope they improve their manufacturing processes soon; when they do, this will probably be a five-star review.
on September 9, 2015
I was hesitant to order these lancets, as I've always been happy with Accu-Chek products and am an adult with callused fingers from years of testing. Curiosity got the best of me and I gave them a try. I must say I'm happily surprised. The needle is truly remarkable- barely visible. I used them with the Microlet lancing device on a setting of 3. Even on my callused fingers, with minimal pressure, I got a generous blood drop with barely any squeezing and no pain. These are amazing. I don't know how they do it. I highly recommend these for anyone, but especially children, frequent testers, and any one who is needle phobic. Good price and fast shipping, too!

See 1 answered question