Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Father's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis X-men Apocalypse GNO Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on June 28, 2012
I absolutely loved this game when it was released on Steam several months ago, it's a JRPG style game, with awesome humor throughout the entire game, it is on the short side, roughly 10 hours, which is perfect for a mobile game. The combat system is great and the characters you encounter are unique and fun. If you're a fan of RPGs and funny games then definitely try this, you wont be dissapointed.
on June 29, 2012
I love the clever writing and the creative use of Lovecraft's mythos as well as the retro JRPG stylings of this game. It does seem odd that we pay more than other customers do for the same game, but I would gladly pay 5 bucks for this level of quality. I simply cannot overstate how well made this game is.
on August 14, 2012
works great on the kindle fire and quite a funny yarn on the mythos. the game did occasionally crash during combat( happened twice in about 10 hours). its definatly remeniscant of the original final fantasys and well worth the price.
on June 10, 2013
When I can play it, it's fun. I grew up with the old 8bit systems, I even remember playing Zork on our Apple IIc, so I am a fan of the style and feel of this game. Alas, I cannot play it very long before it gltches on me. Not sure if it's my device (Kindle Fire HD 7") or the program itself, but it randomly flips on me while playing, causing me to have to turn my tablet over and over to keep going. I have held it in a number of positions from near verticle to flat on the table, and it still does this. The other common thing it will do is at the start of a battle, the game will revert back to the title screen. Bummer. Glad I used my promotional "coins" to purchase this and not actual money, or I would be quite upset. The game play iteslf is promising and amusing. make a fix is in the furture....
on November 28, 2015
I have the game on Steam and I absolutely love it. The writing is hilarious and the gameplay is fun and engaging with just the right level of challenge.

So imagine how excited I was too find it on the kindle. I could play comfortably and not have to sit at the PC for hours.

Unfortunately the app DOES NOT WORK. It crashes before it even gets to the menu. Before it even starts, really. It'll say the name of the publisher and then kick you back out to the kindle home.

I would love to pat it on here and I'm keeping it in my cloud in case the app people ever decide to fix it for the kindle. I wish they would.

As it stands I can't recommend spending Terri dollars on a game that crashes but if it worked I'd certainly give it a shot. It's worth playing for the dialogue alone.
on December 6, 2012
I was excited when i saw Chtulhu Saves the World available for the Kindle, it got great reviews, and sounded like a fun old-school RPG with an interesting sense of humor. I got through the opening credits and started moving my character around. The controls are very touchy which maybe i would have gotten used to if not for this version of the games biggest problem. This problem is that upon entering the first battle the game crashed and closed. I tried again two more times and then decided i had been ripped-off and gave up. Its a shame because i liked what i briefly saw. If they fix this game i would be happy to change this review. It is hard to have anything positive to say about a game that doesn't work and stole your money.
on December 25, 2012
There is a huge bug in the android version of the game (at least for Kindle Fire) where the game will freeze in the first battle you run into when you start playing. It does not always happen so it's not enough for me to mark the game a super low score and delete it but enough to annoy me. This bug only effects the first battle and if the game does not freeze in that first fight (during each game play) then it won't. how ever it's annoying that every time I start playing i don't know if the game will freeze during the first random battle. Not a game destroying feature for me anyway but it hurts the score.
on January 24, 2013
This is a fun game with low-res retro graphics, but quite playable with some unusual battle features. Although it intends to be humorous (including poking fun at Final Fantasy), the joking lines are not numerous. The implementation on the Kindle Fire HD has annoying technical glitches. The screen orientation frequently gets inverted (with no way to fix it short of plugging into USB) because of non-standard Kindle code for the accelerometer. Crashes and forced closes are very frequent in the first battle of a session; once you successfully conclude a battle, you should be ok for the remainder of the session.

Pros:
save anywhere
multiple save slots
change party members and equipment anytime (which allows for
tailoring your attack to each boss)
lots of variety in weapons and spells
survivors have all hp, but not mp, restored at end of each battle
monsters get stronger each turn in battle
no tricks or puzzles in rather simple dungeons
most locations/dungeons have restore points
grinding is easy but not really necessary
random battles are "limited" to a fixed number in each dungeon
not difficult on "normal" setting, but very tough on "insane"

Cons:
most of the variety is illusory and not needed (for example, the different elemental attacks aren't necessary)
no story or character development
on May 24, 2014
The game looks great and I have been looking forward to trying it... But it is very disappointing to pay for it and not be able to use it. It doesn't seem like there is a refund option on apps either.
on December 29, 2015
Hung during install, had to clear cache. After install it won't even start up at all, just dies. To add insult to injury by the time it installed it was too late for a refund. Bummer as it looked like it would be fun. Running Irulu X11 with android 5.1

Edit: came back to say I tried it on a galaxy s3 also, running android 5.0, same thing, refuses to run.