5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game!
Published on June 28, 2012 by Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Kindle Fire
Published 24 months ago by Dan HM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
I absolutely loved this game when it was released on Steam several months ago, it's a JRPG style game, with awesome humor throughout the entire game, it is on the short side, roughly 10 hours, which is perfect for a mobile game. The combat system is great and the characters you encounter are unique and fun. If you're a fan of RPGs and funny games then definitely try this, you wont be dissapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best JRPG style game about a Great Old One, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
I love the clever writing and the creative use of Lovecraft's mythos as well as the retro JRPG stylings of this game. It does seem odd that we pay more than other customers do for the same game, but I would gladly pay 5 bucks for this level of quality. I simply cannot overstate how well made this game is.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and fun, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
works great on the kindle fire and quite a funny yarn on the mythos. the game did occasionally crash during combat( happened twice in about 10 hours). its definatly remeniscant of the original final fantasys and well worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Kindle Fire, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
I was excited when i saw Chtulhu Saves the World available for the Kindle, it got great reviews, and sounded like a fun old-school RPG with an interesting sense of humor. I got through the opening credits and started moving my character around. The controls are very touchy which maybe i would have gotten used to if not for this version of the games biggest problem. This problem is that upon entering the first battle the game crashed and closed. I tried again two more times and then decided i had been ripped-off and gave up. Its a shame because i liked what i briefly saw. If they fix this game i would be happy to change this review. It is hard to have anything positive to say about a game that doesn't work and stole your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun game play ruined by bugs, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
When I can play it, it's fun. I grew up with the old 8bit systems, I even remember playing Zork on our Apple IIc, so I am a fan of the style and feel of this game. Alas, I cannot play it very long before it gltches on me. Not sure if it's my device (Kindle Fire HD 7") or the program itself, but it randomly flips on me while playing, causing me to have to turn my tablet over and over to keep going. I have held it in a number of positions from near verticle to flat on the table, and it still does this. The other common thing it will do is at the start of a battle, the game will revert back to the title screen. Bummer. Glad I used my promotional "coins" to purchase this and not actual money, or I would be quite upset. The game play iteslf is promising and amusing. make a fix is in the furture....

3.0 out of 5 stars There are bugs but it's good, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
There is a huge bug in the android version of the game (at least for Kindle Fire) where the game will freeze in the first battle you run into when you start playing. It does not always happen so it's not enough for me to mark the game a super low score and delete it but enough to annoy me. This bug only effects the first battle and if the game does not freeze in that first fight (during each game play) then it won't. how ever it's annoying that every time I start playing i don't know if the game will freeze during the first random battle. Not a game destroying feature for me anyway but it hurts the score.

2.0 out of 5 stars Suffers From Screen Orientation Bug, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
I purchased this because I enjoyed the Steam PC version and I wanted a mobile version to play. The problem I'm seeing with this version is that it currently suffers from a screen orientation bug (Kindle Fire HD) that flips the screen upside down and prevents me from being able to play it. I've seen this bug in other apps on this platform and I know it's fixable. When that fix occurs, I will provide a proper review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the Kindle Fire, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
Fun little game, great if you loved classic Final Fantasy games but do not have the time for tons of grinding. Well written, make sure to put the developer comments ON for interesting info on the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game & A bug problem solved., May 16, 2014
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
THIS IS a great, fun, entertaining game. It is funny and a great retro game. However, it does have an orientation bug, were it flips the screen. To fix this, you need to lock the orientation of the screen, using the top slid bar thingy and pressing the arrow that is going in a circle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool. Doesn't work so well on the Kindle, December 26, 2013
R. Lake (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cthulhu Saves The World (App)
The game is fun and the dialogue is entertaining but it has a couple problems running on my Kindle Fire. The game constantly auto-rotates, you have to lay it flat to play and still it will occasionally flip the screen over. Text is extremely small and there is no option to increase the size. Hopefully the creators will continue to update the game so it runs properly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›