Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tinkertoy 100 Piece Essentials Value Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon September 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This toy proves that it's hard to beat the classics. I know that in the old days, these used to be made of wood but now they are plastic and many people lament that. But I don't really see it as a bad thing. For one thing, the classic wooden sets are still available for the die-hard fans. They're just more expensive. But the advantages of the plastic ones are the sticks - some of them are bendy and that opens up so many possibilities.

My son is 4 years old, almost 5, and he LOVES this. He has many other construction toys (Legos, K'Nex) but these so far are the best. He looks at the diagrams and builds these elaborate contraptions that spin and he's tickled pink by that. He proudly exclaims "I made that all by myself!"

Some of his creations are so-loved that he takes them to bed, just so he could have it with him.

Most of the time he likes to use the diagrams but he also makes up his own machines. He's made rollers and a "claw" so this toy definitely fosters creativity.

The only downside is I wish it came with more pieces! He usually has to dismantle his creation before creating a new one. I know it says 100 pieces, which seems like a lot but everything fits in a shoe box with plenty of room for more. Maybe I'll have to get a second set...That's definitely an indication that this is a hit.
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I enjoyed playing with Tinker Toys when I was child. In fact, my kids still get to play with my old set from time to time at their grandparents' house. This is a basic set with plenty of pieces for getting creative. Here are my thoughts of the pros and cons of this set.

Pros : Plenty of pieces and colorful, good quality plastic;
13 project suggestions that the kids seemed excited to try (the windmill was fun);
Good for creativity (my younger child enjoyed putting lots of pieces together to make a big structure);
Sturdy constructions because the pieces snap together (as opposed to the problem with the old sets with the pieces sliding out of the wooden circles.

Cons: The box is deceptively large--all the pieces fit into a gallon-size Ziploc;
My 4 year old had some trouble pushing hard enough to snap some of the pieces together and pulling them apart;
While there are a lot of pieces, there are not enough for two kids to each make a project at the same time.
on January 29, 2014
Huge box.. not too much in it. Not many sticks but tons of connectors. The picture is right in retrospect. Cant build a decent thing with this set... buyer beware.
on November 10, 2013
Pieces are way too hard to put together for a 3.5 year old, at least fresh out of the box.
on August 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My girls have blocks, Legos, and a marble run--was looking for another building toy that is different and fun. Enter Tinkertoys. I'd rather they were still made from wood, but the kids like the colors and the feel. They enjoy building ferris wheels and other moving structures you can't make with blocks. Wish there were more blocks in the box.
on December 4, 2014
My six-year-old son has played with these for a year now, and they are still a daily part of his play routine. Love how creative he can be with them. Great quality, too! Well worth the money spent.
on December 30, 2013
My kids are having fun with them and they seem very solid. Only complaint I have is they came in a box that was easily 3 times as big as it needed to be.
on January 24, 2014
I had to purchase two sets to truly allow for creativity, which required me to spend twice as much as I was expecting to spend.
on May 4, 2015
This set is big enough that when my 3 year old granddaughter got it for her birthday we took the set and divided it so she'd have some at her house and some at mine. Although you can't build what the pattern that comes with the set with just half the set my toddler still uses her imagination and puts the pieces together and calls it whatever she dreams up. My special needs teenage son also has enjoyed building with these. He has bad fine motor skills but these aren't so small that he can't manipulate them. (He can no longer play with regular sizes Lego's they are to small for him) So if you have a child (or even an adult) that needs something to help with mind activity and has trouble with their hands try this set of Tinkertoys This summer we will be ordering more sets for birthdays so we can built whatever my family imagines.
on October 8, 2013
bought this for a birthday gift for our 6 year old grandson. he is making all types of objects and uses the informational sheet to see how to make the toys. great colors and materials!