5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies of a certain age will love this fan
Back in the callow, uninformed days of my youth, I used to laugh unfeelingly at hot flash jokes, thinking I would never have a problem with them. After all, there were hormone supplements when I reached a certain age.

Cancer put an end to that idyll. I had to cold-turkey the hormone supplements and in rolled the hot flashes.

This little fan is a...
Published on June 22, 2005 by E. A. Lovitt

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful fan but by no means TINY
It has a great fan that is very breezy and the putting in your and by the blades won't sting at all.....

Published on June 8, 2007 by i love amazon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies of a certain age will love this fan, June 22, 2005

This little fan is a godsend. It requires one D-battery and if your cat sticks his nose in the blades, he'll get a bump, but nothing that requires an emergency trip to the vet's.

The fan head swivels, and there is a clip on the carrying case, allowing you to position the fan so that you have a cool breeze swirling around you during those moments when your internal temperature spikes up past 100 degrees Fahrenheit and your skin begins to shine.

Hot flashes are nothing to be ashamed of, but if a nosy coworker asks you about your Tiny Tornado, just tell him that the guy in the cubicle next to you passes a lot of gas and the office ventilation system isn't what it could be.

I intend to take my Tiny Tornado with me on my choral union's next trip abroad. The last time we travelled together, some of the buses were not air-conditioned. It will also come in useful if we find ourselves sitting on an airport tarmac, waiting for flight clearance or a gate to free up, or any of a thousand excuses the airlines broadcast while their passengers are sweating it out in an un-airconditioned plane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Flashes and Hurricanes, July 4, 2005
I agree with E. A. Lovitt "Starmoth". I orginally bought this product for the same reason, but I find myself using it for another also. I also use it for power outages. It is very hot and humid where I live and this product comes in handy whenever there is an occasional power outage from a storm. It is so useful, I ordered another for my husband. Thanks E. A. Lovitt and Caframo!!!!!!!! E. S. Wiebelt "Ebbie"

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Flash Be-gone!, June 9, 2006
I bought this fan 3; yes 3 years ago and it is still working great. That also tells you I'm still needing it. Drat! The fan blade pops off for easy transport anywhere a stray "flash" overtakes you (or for the uninitiated, where there are no easy plug ins) What a great value. Think I'll pick one up in blue now....

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful fan but by no means TINY, June 8, 2007

however the fan is cumbersome and hideous. There is a holster that comes with it that makes it a behemoth. The holster was designed to clip on to bags and the bottom a suction for windows. However both don't really work well. Does not hold tight on windows and clipping on bags is only useful when you do not want to carry in your hand.

Without the holster, the fan looks like a hideous block like windmill that you would find at a wind energy farm.

So if you need a powerful fan this is it but better not mind it's looks and size.

However, Boater's World (where i bought it) is highly recommended as a seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong but not a wonder, July 6, 2007
This little fan runs on one single big D cell battery. I use it in case of energy blackout, nights here are often too hot to sleep without ventilation. The Caframo is a little bit stronger then one would expect from such a little fan, but do not expect wonders after reading all the other reviews - one gets the impression it really makes a tornado, but this is NOT the case. It is a good strong fan for that size, not more not less.

It has a thick rubber jacket that can be removed (all the blue-green stuff is this rubber) the jacket also provides the "foot" that actually is a suction cup that can hold the fan on a window (in the car) or any other smooth surface. The jacket has to be removed to set the battery in place. The white plastic below the jacket seems to be of not such great quality, it looks and feels cheap.

There is one button to start it or shut it off. No inbetween settings. One of my two fan's button seems to be a bit off axis, it is hard to bring it in off position, this fan tends to stay running.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, NOT tiny, July 28, 2008
This review is from: Tiny Tornado II Battery Fan-Blu/Wht (Misc.)
This should not be called tiny! The size of the battery base is about the size of a redbull can. It works well, but if you are buying for small size -- be aware it is not a toss-in-your-purse sized fan. This is great for having positioned on your desk to get a good breeze going, or having on summer hikes if you don't mind the size. Even though it works well, I gave it three stars because of the misleading title of the item. Should be called the Can Fan to let you know its real size, LOL. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 11, 2007
Patricia N. Miller (River Falls, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This fan was no better than the .99 ones from any discount chain store. I was looking forward to having a powerful little fan to take with me on vacation. I was disappointed and sent it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken when I received it., September 3, 2008
Slipper Mom (Shuffling around in CT, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiny Tornado II Battery Fan-Blu/Wht (Misc.)
I orginally bought this fan from CVS several years ago and loved, loved, loved it! It was quite and has a good breeze. I would buy it again if I saw it in a retail store. The problem was that when I recieved my fan from the e-merchant it did not work. I had paid big buck in shipping costs and then had to pay again to ship it back. I enclosed a note to this effect and never heard a word back. I just received a credit for the original purchase price from Amazon. Not please with how this was handled on defective products!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great fan, but didn't last long, August 8, 2008
This review is from: Tiny Tornado II Battery Fan-Blu/Wht (Misc.)
This has been a great fan. Creates a very nice breeze for my at my work station. It has been the envy of my coworkers. HOWEVER, I've only had it about one year and it just crapped out. I take good care of it, but the motor seems to have died. It's been running very slow even with new batteries for about two weeks and now just won't work at all. So I am disappointed for the price I paid and that it only lasted a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars As expected, June 4, 2008
This review is from: Tiny Tornado II Battery Fan-Blu/Wht (Misc.)
The fan is as expected, not to good but not too bad. You need to keep it very close to your face in order to get breez. I don't know how other tiny fan works, and for sure there is nothing like Tornado as it is named :) hence average rating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Tiny Tornado II Battery Fan-Blu/Wht
$7.54
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.