4.0 out of 5 stars Review of "Tips at Your Fingertips", October 4, 2010
This review is from: Tips at Your Fingertips: Teaching Strategies for Adult Literacy Tutors (Paperback)
As a relative newcomer to the area of tutoring adult learners, I have found this guide to be extremely helpful. I volunteer at a rather small literacy center and have received very little guidance in terms of strategies that would best help our students. Tips at Your Fingertips was a revelation and I have already begun to implement some of the ideas. I have even suggested at tutor team meetings that the center purchase copies for the other tutors. Its "environmental" or real world learning approach fits with the philosophy of our particular organization so the strategies found in the book have certainly reinforced what we are attempting to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 31, 2014
Good but I was disappointed that not all was info specifically for one on one tutors.

Tips at Your Fingertips: Teaching Strategies for Adult Literacy Tutors