5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to read and find what you are looking for, January 30, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Tiptionary (Paperback)
A Great book!!! You can't believe how many solutions to your problems in every day life can be solved . I myself had a a reason to use one of Mary's answers to a problem. I had put 2 sets of old panty hose in my car repair kit . When my fan belt broke I was able to make a temporary fix with the pantyhose. I have to say again what a great book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in GOLD!, October 18, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Tiptionary (Paperback)
Have you ever wished you could remember all those great tips your grandmother told you or the one's you've heard somewhere along the line but have no way of remembering? Even more have you wished there was a cheap and effective way to do something? Well here they are--quick tips for how to do stuff. This is the greatest resource I've come across in years. And they're so easy to find. What a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book! Will pay for itself in a week!, July 21, 1998
This review is from: Tiptionary (Paperback)
All sorts of tips, the ones about vinegar are really useful to me. Loved it, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to do things simply.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite book, February 15, 2003
Jessica A. Smith "et3smithja" (Grove City, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiptionary (Paperback)
I LOVE this book. It's full of great tips on just about anything you can imagine, and not all of them are about saving money. Moms will appreciate the food section because it has a ton of great tips on increasing the shelf life of dairy and produce items. I have been watching my money and my grocery bills for awhile, and I've read quite a few books on the subject, and most of these tips were new to me. If you are a more experienced tightwad and find that most money-saving books don't have much to offer you anymore, this book may just be something new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful hints to simplify your life and save money!, June 3, 2007
This review is from: Tiptionary (Hardcover)
Mary Hunt's collections of tips for uses of household products is fantastic. This book collects all the little tips that we've all heard "somewhere in the past" into a quick and easy to read reference guide. I highly recommend this book. Even my husband is learning a thing or two ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tips!, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Tiptionary (Hardcover)
This book is full of fantastic ideas. It is like an encyclopedia of good and often cheap (or should I say inexpensive) :-) ways of doing things. Especially in these economic times it makes good sense to use all of the good information we can. An indispensable reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would buy it again!!, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Tiptionary (Paperback)
I was a little hesitant to buy this book because it's about 10 years old, but most of the tips in it are still very, very useful! It was well worth the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just getting from one day to the next--takes all the help we can get., September 26, 2009
This review is from: Tiptionary (Hardcover)
This in not the first book of helpful hints ,and it won't be the last;but it is an excellent one.
So many problems we face in our daily lives are simply solved ,if only we knew a simple solution--and this book is filled with them.Having this book handy ,is like having a little genie in a bottle who has the answer to everything.
Not only will it save you a lot of time,tell you how to fix something that appears broken;but it will save you a lot of money.
Another thing that will happen to you if you read this book is that you will begin to think in a different way.You will learn to think "outside the box" ,and learn that there are many ways to improvise and find a solution.I have several books like this that have come in handy time and time again.
Most people know what a magical product Duct Tape and WD-40 are but there are many other things that have been around for years ;such as vinegar,salt,ice,wax,baking soda,soap,garlic,paprika,clear fingernail polish,Q-tips,corks,twine,empty containers,coat hangers,nylon socks,paper clips,ammonia,mineral spirits,fabric softner,etc.,and they make up a handy arsenal of things that will come in handy in a multitude of ways,as suggested in this book.
Another thing you will learn is that you probably already have the solution to your problem already at hand,and don't need to run out ,waste time and money,to buy something--which just ends up sitting on a shelf ,adding to the clutter.
Let me add a couple of ideas I have used that time and again have come to my rescue.
In your basement ,you have exposed rows of joists.I have collected empty glass jars,of various sizes,attached the lids to a long board(using two nails per lid,keeps them from turning) then mount the long board overhead on the joists.This costs virtually nothing,makes use of dead space and gives you places to keep any number of things .I have about 75 ,various sized jars and keep all kinds of things available in them.Nuts & bolts,nails screws,tacks,rubber bands,wire nipples,brackets,keys,buttons,clips,pens,pencils,small tools and extra hardware from do-it-yourself projects, erasers,razor blades,scraps of wire,etc.,you name it ,I got it;and can find it.Sure,I got a lot of "junk" but it costs nothing,and solves lots of problems.I think there is an alternate use for just about everything;although i have yet to find a use for a burnt out light bulb!!
Not everything is as complicated.It's the mindset that is important .The other day,I cut my finger.Rather than go up two flights of stairs to get a Band-Aid,I simply put some kleenex on it,and put a piece of Magic Tape on it,saving a trip up stairs.By the way.I do use Band-Aids,and always keep a couple in my wallet and have used them and given them to others many times.

Tiptionary
Tiptionary by Mary Hunt (Paperback - September 1, 1997)
Used & New from: $0.01