Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Words With Friends forum

Tired of being a "Zyngawf"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2012 7:59:35 PM PDT
Rachel says:
I cannot figure out how to change my name in the WWF game. I have had opponents ask me to change it because having the name "zyngawf_34143189418" or whatever bothers them, and now that it has been brought to my attention (I didn't even know; I assumed everyone was seeing my Amazon login name), it bothers me! Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 12:42:00 PM PDT
Dinks says:
I am having the same problem! Hope someone answers you so I can change my name too! If I find out a way to change it I will let you know.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:24:58 PM PDT
Never had a problem with Words With Friends until I upgraded this week. Now I have lost my play button and can only pass, swap, or shuffle. Customer service has not been much help.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 4:26:17 PM PDT
RackOnInNC says:
If you have your game logged in though Facebook you will show up as zyngawf to those who log in by email only. You can change it by going into the game on FB and click on account in the upper right then Username and create a "Unique User Name" as they call it. Once you have this set up you should no longer appear as zyngawf to anyone.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 8:42:05 AM PDT
joafur says:
Question: When I log into my Facebook account on the Fire and try to open WWF it does not open. Do I have to download the WWF ap independent of Facebook in order to play my games on the kindle?

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 7:12:44 PM PDT
DeeLo says:
I haven't had a problem with WWF for a long time. Then I installed the update & I have had nothing but problems ever since. What is going on, Zynga?

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:07:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2013 7:08:11 AM PDT
KMCorc says:
I recently changed my Facebook password and now some of my friends in WWF show up as Zyngawf instead of their names. Others show up not as a Zyngawf but with a different user name than before but identifiable as them. Does anyone know what caused this? And how to fix it? I don't know which game I am in half the time....On the other end, everyone still sees me with my original user name

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:59:52 AM PDT
rosie says:
I suddenly see all the people that I'm playing as zyngawf followed by numbers. I hate this. You have no idea who that person is. This just started out of the blue. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 9:53:58 AM PDT
Joe Jenkins says:
All my contacts have been changed to Zyngawf_#####, and there is no way to change it back. The system has been broken for months, and neither Zynga nor Facebook will do a damned thing about it. The only thing you can do is stop playing the game, because now you have no idea who you are even playing with. It's hard to believe they could be so STUPID!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 7:54:04 PM PDT
I was able to change my name successfully without a hitch. Go to setti.gs and follow the instructions. It is easy. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 5:30:34 PM PST
Pat Goodman says:
I can still post my words, but everyone I play with is now named Zymgawf. Until I downloaded an upgrade last week, everyone had their own names, and I'd been playing with them for at least a year!

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 1:04:21 PM PST
Rosalie says:
My WWF font has become so large that it covers up the score and half of the names of the players. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change. Any suggestions? Android using Samsung Tablet. Would a hard reset help? Customer support is zero!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2013 9:57:35 PM PST
Sarah D. says:
Same here. It's driving me crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2013 10:05:40 PM PST
Sarah D. says:
Same here. It's driving me crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2014 6:19:56 AM PST
PamR says:
Changing the font size on your tablet or phone

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 4:35:51 PM PST
Am having same problem with "zyngawf". I have no idea whom I'm playing. I have WWF on my kindle and no problem there. PLEASE . HELP.

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 12:54:56 PM PDT
@PamR - Yep, that's it! I changed my font a few days ago and this started happening... and I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw your post. I changed my font back to my other one and it worked! FOR A MINUTE. >:( BUT... at least I could see that this was the cause of the problem. More looking to do. Thanks for putting me on the right track!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2014 12:40:40 PM PDT
Thank you SO much. That was way easier than I was trying to make it. I really appreciate it. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2014 3:00:32 PM PST
Don't use Facebook to log in!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2014 9:31:06 AM PST
Just setti.gs? I tried that, is there more to it?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2015 5:28:06 PM PDT
Gayle says:
When I go to settings there is no heading referring to names or name change?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2015 8:55:49 PM PDT
try pinching the screen with 3 fingers
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Words With Friends forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Words With Friends
Words With Friends by Zynga Game Network
3.9 out of 5 stars (19,884)