5.0 out of 5 stars 95% out of 100
i searched for a looooooooooong time. this seemed to be the best bang for my buck. crystal sapphire front and back lens. swiss automatic movement. etc...

Published on January 5, 2012 by gabe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Water Resistant!
Got this watch for my partner as a birthday present.
We went to a pool the other day and the watch got foggy on the spot.
The condesation was present for the next 2 days.
My partner simply can't afford relying on them for he travels a lot, so i am trying to return it at the moment, hopefully with the full refund.
I don't think it is acceptable for...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Katerina

5.0 out of 5 stars 95% out of 100, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0444302105100 PRS 516 Black Day Date Dial Watch (Watch)

i have read that these watches run fast. it is true. this watch runs about 18 seconds fast in a 24 hours period. i almost returned it until i did some research. be aware that this is okay. there is a very small screw to tweek the time to run slower. i haven't gotten it fixed yet but i will be bringing it to a jeweler soon. other than that i was very happy. watch looks great. very heavy.

also be aware of the fit. it has no "micro" adjustments on the clasp bc its a sort of butterfly clasp. so at first i got two links out. it was super tight. hurt my wrist. next day i brought it and got 1 link put back in. problem. it was too loose and sloppy looking. well i almost thought about returning it bc there seemed to be nothing to do to fix this. then i noticed there are two half links that can be taken out. so there is a way to fine tune it. keep that in mind if you get this watch and find that you can't get it to fit your wrist. mine fits perfect now.

5.0 out of 5 stars would still be a tremendous value at twice this price, March 10, 2012
First of all, I have had the same two-tone Rolex 16753 GMT Master for 25 years. So, you can imagine selecting a new watch was a difficult task. The GMT had to be serviced every 5 years or so at about $600 each time and now seems to be every few years.

I looked at buying another Rolex and was shocked to find the prices are four times what I paid in the mid 80's.

I ran across the Tissot PRS 516 and thought I would give it a try as a good everyday watch. I liked its looks and being a Swiss made automatic.

Wow! I am so impressed with the build quality and finish of the PRS 516. I have had several friends comment on how much they liked my new watch.

The GMT is 39mm in diameter so, the Tissot is a little larger and the band is also a little wider. It took a few days to not see it as being too large, now it seems just the right size.

I have had the watch for a month now and just like other comments have said, the watch did run about 17 seconds fast per day right out of the box and now after checking it several times on time.gov; it is now after a month, running 6.5 seconds fast per day. My GMT always ran about 3 seconds fast per day. I might get the Tissot regulated at some point or maybe not.

I read a comment about this watch might not be waterproof and that concerned me so I left it in a bucket of water for a day and I am happy to say no waterproof issues at all.

The only critique I have about the watch is that the hour hand is the exact same width as the minute hand and can get lost under the minute hand. The GMT has a fatter hour hand with a bulb on the end, which I prefer.

Overall this is a very high quality, well built and attractive watch and would still be a tremendous value at twice this price. I wear it every day now and love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful watch, December 8, 2011
I received this watch as a present from my wife for my 45th birthday. Is a beautiful watch, with a never ending style plus is an automatic watch difficult to find under this price range. I like Tissot quality very much (This is my second Tissot watch, first one bought in 2006, a Seastar 660) and I had never have a problem with it. So far this PRS 516 is working perfectly. I prefer this kind of watches rather than chronographs because chronographs are so popular that when you are wearing one, is hard for people to figure out if you are wearing a quality watch or a replica. If you want an automatic well constructed, stylish, durable, elegant and beautiful watch you go for sure with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted. Timeless design, July 18, 2011
I could have picked any other Tissot model, but this one had my name on it like it had already belonged to me. It's plain, simple, sleek and elegant...beautiful. It does not scream for attention nor is it trendy, but still has a timeless look that will never go out of style. The pictures you see on the web don't do this justice. See this watch in real life, up close and personally. It's a Swiss made automatic...can't go wrong.
But be advised, this watch is very solid and heavy (around 6.8 oz). There is a model with a leather band; however, (in my opinion) it takes some of it's 'beauty' away.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible Swiss Watch for the price!, April 30, 2013
I have a few swiss watches, one of them being a Omega Seamaster. The Tissot PRS 516 I believe is the same quality for a fraction of the price. Good weight with a clean classy sport look. The skeleton back with the race wheel is a nice touch of detail.

Overall, great quality, automatic swiss time piece!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the watch, November 8, 2012
This is a beautiful watch. As everyone else has stated, the pictures do not do it justice. I believe you will be very pleased with this watch if you are looking for an everyday casual/sport watch with a simple design. The watch is solid with a bit of weight to it. You get a lot of watch for the price, high quality, and authentic. The time is pretty accurate for an mechanical watch. Mine currently runs about 3-4 sec fast per day. Would give it 5 stars, but there was not warranty card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tissot PRS516 review, September 25, 2012
Having never owned a wristwatch, I was struck with idea of getting one. Since I didn't know much about what makes a good watch, I spent some time doing research on the internet.
I know I wanted an swiss automatic sport watch. I discovered brands such as Tag, Oris, Omega, Hamilton, and Movado. For my first swiss automatic I didn't want to spend a lot of money but still wanted a nice looking, solid timepiece.
The Tissot PRS516 caught my eye and the reviews were almost unanimously positive. It is quite heavy and really sturdy. It feels more expensive than it is. Very classy looking.
I do have several minor complaints. It seems to need some calibration because it runs a bit faster than I like.
My second complaint is the bracelet. It surely is of high quality but the fit is a little off. I had a half a link and a whole link removed and it still is a just a little large. When I removed two whole links, it was too tight.
The moral of the story is: if you are looking for a great quality swiss automatic sport watch that doesn't break the bank, this is your watch.
Just a side note that you do not get the manufacturer's warranty. Instead you deal with Amazon (which I hope is not painful).
After a week of wearing the PRS516, I went out and purchased an ORIS F1 Williams. I can see a watch addiction forming. (by the way, the Oris F1 willaims watch is a step above the PRS516 but I love the Tissot too)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite watch, January 25, 2012
Love this watch! Perfect design, simple and tasteful. Sporty but still elegant. The bracelet clasp is very nice, and allows a fully symmetric fit if you are lucky enough to have the right wrist size. It's on the big side but once you get used to it, other watches feel small. It ran about 17 seconds fast per 24 hours when I first got it; after a break-in period of a couple weeks, it is now running only about 6-7 seconds fast, which is very good for a mechanical watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Water Resistant!, March 5, 2012
Got this watch for my partner as a birthday present.
We went to a pool the other day and the watch got foggy on the spot.
The condesation was present for the next 2 days.
I don't think it is acceptable for people to buy a "water resistance, 100m" watch which they are not!
Extremely dissapointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight-Forward, Classic Swiss Tissot, February 21, 2012
I have to agree with all of the other reviews here. This is my first real Swiss automatic, and I'm totally hooked. The automatic makes it feel more alive; it becomes part of you really fast.
Ordered from Amazon LLC, not the other sellers. I was a bit unsure about ordering on-line because of all the forums discussing fakes and what-not. However, Amazon deals with AD's so you can be sure it is authentic. Sure, you don't get the little warranty card, but do you want the watch, or do you want to pay $300 more to get the card? Amazon covers the 2-year warranty, and when I called to get the low-down on this, they were more than helpful and directed me to the watch department with a direct phone line...Excellent!
Oh...the watch. It is awesome! I can't stop just looking at it. I love the red sweep second hand (8 clicks per second), clean lines, big face, crystal back so you can see the movement, and that perpetual sound it makes. It does run fast at first, mine started out about 20 sec/day; after a week its down to 12 sec/day. The best advice (and I've spent way too much time on forums on this issue) is to wait a month before even thinking about having it regulated. Too soon, and you'll have to do it again later. Just enjoy!
It is substantial on the wrist, but I'm not a big guy and it only took like a day to get used to it. It's a timeless piece that will never go out of vogue. First, but definitely not last Tissot. Highly recommended.

Rate and Discover Movies