Tissot Men's T17152652 PRC 200 Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Swiss-Quartz movement
- Black dial
- Stainless steel case and leather band
- Scratch sapphire resistant
- Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)
Equally at home in both dressy and casual situations, the Tissot Men's Watch features a bold monochrome color scheme that is sure to turn heads. The black dial face is accented by white stick indexes and white Arabic numeral indexes at the three, nine, and 12 o'clock positions. White, luminous minute and hour hands and a yellow second hand further brighten up the face of this timepiece. The dial also features a tachymeter along its border, as well as three subdials for full chronograph functionality. The stainless steel bezel attaches to a jet black synthetic leather strap, while a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal protects the dial from everyday wear and tear. A date window has also been included at the four o'clock position. This watch is water resistant to 330 feet (100 meters) and features precise Swiss quartz movement.
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Origin: Switzerland
- ASIN: B000KKO894
- Item model number: T17152652
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 1, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Tissot|
|Dial window material type||Synthetic sapphire|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||15 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Screw down crown, Shock resistant, Water Resistant|
|Item weight||2.72 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
The strap and chronograph imply "working man's watch." No frou-frou here. But the massiveness, precision design and elegant finish tell you it's a little nicer than a simple workhorse timepiece.
One quirk is the layout of the hands and dials. The large yellow "seconds" hand in the central dial location is not the real-time seconds hand, but rather that of the chrono; this hand remains perpetually at 12 o'clock (until you start the chronograph). All chrono functions are color-coded with yellow hands, which is a thoughtful touch. The real-time seconds are actually marked by a secondary (white) dial at the 6 o'clock position. The casual observer, seeing the large stopped hand, might think your watch battery has stopped. I have a Lucien Piccard with this setup, so I guess I will just get used to it.
The reviewer who complained about the buckle-clasp makes a valid point. In theory, these buckle-clasps should work fine. However, on my wrist, the strap is tight enough to nearly take off skin when I slide it on, yet when I clasp it shut, it is still too loose to stay in place. I will also look into after-market straps with conventional buckles. There's no good excuse for spending more than ten seconds to put on a wristwatch, no matter how nice it looks.Read more ›
- The watch stands out, having worn it daily since I purchased it through Amazon I have received nothing but compliments. One of my friends having seen the watch has now ordered one for himself.
- Its everything a Swiss made watch should be, the movement is quartz and not mechanical but I find that I don't have to worry about winding it or wearing it all the time to keep it running.
- The strap is made out of leather and looks expensive,
- Most importantly the glass is not mineral or plastic found on most watches in this price range, its made out of sapphire crystal which is only reserved for higher end watches like IWC, Omega, Tag and Rolex to name a few. This means that it is very hard to scratch and will make for easy view-ability.
- The contrasting yellow markers look subtile but sporty.
- I like the polished steel on the watch, however some may not its really a matter of personal choice.
Some Potential Drawbacks:
- This watch has a Swiss Quartz movement, not a mechanical one. Now this may be a drawback for some watch enthusiasts but you wont have to have it serviced. Only a simple battery change would be necessary.
- Others may not like the leather strap.
- The watch is somewhat thick, not as thick as some other watches on the market.
Overall, I think for the price this watch its a steal. I also own a Rolex Submariner and I can tell you that these Swiss watches are very fine time pieces, if your a collector or just someone that wants a stylish watch to wear I highly recommend that you visit your Tissot dealer or watch retailer and have a look.
I've read a number of reviews and it seems like the majority of people have no idea of how to operate the band. It's not that difficult - just think it through. Also, a few people are under the impression that it's synthetic, it's alligator skin and it's gorgeous.
Everything was working just fine until 3:15, or maybe it was 3:30, yesterday afternoon. I glanced at my watch which showed 3:30, a few minutes had passed and I checked the time again and this time it read 3:15. This was unusual and could only mean one of two things - 1.) My watch think's it's Scott Bukula and wants to have itself a good laugh by "Quantumn Leaping" me throughout the day or 2:) it is broken. Sure enough, the minute hand flops helplessly every time I move my arm. I have been relying on the hour hand to tell time, which is hit or miss.
I want to give this watch 5 stars, which it deserves aside from this serious mechanical problem, but I cannot. The primary reason for spending a good deal of money on a watch is for it to tell time. It no longer does this, while it breaks my heart to do this I cannot abide poor reliability, therefore I give the PRC 200 a two star rating.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Watch wasn't working. Its been sitting somewhere for long time that battery ran outPublished 8 days ago by ozodbek abdullayev
Nice looking watch, but the band is very cheap/flimsy and cuts into your wrist.Published 4 months ago by Jake
I have had this watch for over three years and wore it everyday for over two of them and it still runs great! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Connor Holly
I really like the look of this watch. It's accurate, easy to set and use, and is good for daily wear, sport and dress, for me anyway. Read morePublished 11 months ago by nate gerstein
First, let me say this is a beautiful watch. From afar, it's an eye-catcher and compliments dress or casual-wear equally well. You will not be disappointed with this timepiece ... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Elias
Best watch purchase I've ever made. Easy on the eye, keeps accurate time.Published 12 months ago by zeni sibuyi
Gave this to my son for his 34th birthday. Classy, understated elegance without being trendy. Tissot makes great timepieces worthy of keeping and passing down through... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Jeffrey C. Fegely