5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!
Tissot 1st popped up on my radar due to their involvement with motorcycle racing. After researching the brand, I bought my 1st Tissot about 3 yrs ago (the V8, still running strong). I love that watch for it's styling and quality.

Published on October 25, 2010 by Ed H.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non Warranty - Proceed with Caution
Published on August 11, 2010 by Gary Monti

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!, October 25, 2010
Ed H. "Ed" (North Carolina, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)

Shortly after buying that watch, I learned about the T-touch. I will admit that I have liked this watch for many yrs before purchasing the T-Touch Expert III, so I may be a little bias.

This watch combines a masculine stylish watch with a ton of features that will bring the boy out in us all. The Titanium finish is beautiful and lightweight (only watch I have lighter is the Luminox 8802). The band is more comfortable than expected and easy to size.

Features
This is my humble opinion on all the features I have figured out/ used so far.

The Touch crystal is very cool. Mine has worked flawless for about 6 months so far.

The Compass worked well in a recent trip to Germany. I was concerned about going through an x-ray machine, thinking that may mess with the compass calibration, it did not. Works well, before and after the trip.

The Alarm works well, wakes me up every time.

The Barometer is pretty cool, simple and easy to use. One side-clear day, the other side- possible rain. Seems pretty accurate so far.

The Thermotermer seems to be spot on, of course your wrist will through off, but when off your wrist seems very accurate.

The Altimeter is interesting to use when hiking or driving to see how much your altitude varies.

Awesome watch- whether you are a watch nerd, outdoors men, tech geek, or looking for a rugged looking dress watch (titanium band if you want it to look dressy.

Amazon direct purchase does warranty the watch through Amazon, not directly through Tissot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch - Some thoughts on the band, March 29, 2011
Seamus (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
Great experience with Amazon and so far with the watch (have owned a week so far). Wanted to highlight a few things for potential buyers:

1) Watch Size - This watch is rather large and about 30%-40% thicker than say an Ironman. For those with smaller wrists, this may be an issue and given the size it makes titanium a must, in my opinion. Once on your wrist, the size becomes much less noticible than you would think from holding it in your hand, so really not a big deal. I really think the silicone band weighs more than the watch though.

2) Band Sizing - Ordered with the black rubber/silicone watch band, which I think looks great. In order to size the band, you are making a permanent decision because it involves cutting it with scissors. I made the mistake of cutting it exactly to size and now am worried I didn't leave enough wiggle room for if my wrist gets slightly bigger in the summer. What I noticed afterwards is that you should cut the band one length too long and then there are three connection options on the clasp (side with the top of the clasp) that you can use to tighten or loosen in size increments up to one section length. If you cut too small, there is no way to fix it. Looks like replacement straps are available through online dealers for about $90 without the clasp (not cheap, but not the end of the world).

3) Expert vs. Previous Version - expert is about 30% larger than the original, but has two major advantages - a backlight on the digital readout and is actually waterproof. If you are already going to spend over $525 on a watch, might as well spend another $70 to get these functions.

Amazon was great and everything else was as advertised. Mine did come with the correct instruction book where others stated included manual was for older version. Also, althought not covered by manufacturers warranty, Amazon does provide a 2 year warranty on this watch. I think the price differential makes it more than worth the risk. Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non Warranty - Proceed with Caution, August 11, 2010
Gary Monti (Providence, RI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
Please be advised that this watch will not be covered by warranty from Tissot. I purchased this timepiece from Amazon and 45 days later the center button stopped functioning. I returned the watch to Tissot with my receipt from Amazon and they refused to provide service under warranty. They informed me that Amazon is not an authorized dealer and subsequently it cost me $184 to service the watch. Any further repairs will also not be considered as under warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, but extremely high maintenance!, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch in Feb 2011. Now after 15 month the battery was gone. I found out, that the exchange of the battery is only possible by TISSOT themselves (in Europe). The watch needs to be sent to TISSOT and the simple exchange of the battery costs 125 Euros! That's about a quarter of the watch. Considering the life time of the battery (less than 2 years, showed Aug 2010, without using the functions a lot) it seems ridiculous!

Good product, but the overall costs are far too high. I would not buy this TISSOT again!

Update 03. August 2012:
CUSTOMER TAKE CARE!!! After all teh story above it got even worse! It was not just a battery change. The entire watch has to be reapaired. The price was 240! That is almost half of the price I paid 15 month ago! After complaining to the customer service I just got a standard answer and the hint, that the 24 month warranty is just valid when the watch is both at a registered TISSOT dealer. Amazon is not registered and bad luck for me.

My last TISSOT ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
I have owned my Tissot T-touch Expert for 2.5 years. It has been sent back for repairs twice during the 2 year warranty for the same repair... the touch screen stops functioning. Each repair took about 2 to 3 months. The watch is now out of it's warranty and has stopped functioning for the third time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for 2 years only... JUNK, January 6, 2013
B. Hibler (Puget Sound, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
This watch was great for the first two years. At about the two year make the watch indicated it needed a new battery (my thought was great it even tells me when it needs a new battery, awesome!) I sent in the watch to one of the U.S. factory service centers (NJ) and waited for its return. After two months and about $500.00 for shipping and service the watch was returned. That's when the problems started. Once returned, the alarm didn't work (which is pretty cool when it does work) and the compass failed to work too. So back to the factory it went (another $75.00 for shipping and insurance, this took another month and it came back with an invoice that said it had been serviced. Well, guess what? The compass and the alarm still didn't work. So back it went for another $75.00 and another six weeks. When it was returned the invoice again stated the service center had serviced the watch... however the watch still was malfunctioning. At this point I lost faith in the NJ service center and sent it to the Miami service center, another $75.00. After a long period of service time and a few calls it was returned and the watch is still malfunctioning. With all said and done, I love the idea of the watch, but it's really just crap! The service center personnel go through the motions but don't care about the product of service as indicated by the several times I've had to return it and it's still malfunctioning. I strongly suggest going with a different brand unless you want to throw your money away...

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a very nice watch, but certainly will fail....., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
I have bought this watch in 2006, expecting that I would have a great time with it. In a few months, the compass broke and I have send it to fix, and since it was within the 2 year, it was covered. It came back better than when I have bought it, and endured for more than a year. However, after 2 years and 2 months from the purchase it broke again. And the problem is that the value of the purchase was of 1400 and the fixing was of 600! Conclusion: it is still broke, for almost 5 years now.
If you wanna buy it, make sure you buy with warranty, and right before it ends, send the watch to a final revision, cause after that period it will certainly break! And even if you send, this watch unfortunately is not more than 3 stars, because for a tissot to endure just some months is not fair. This is true because my grand father had a very old tissot from the fourth's and the only way he could "get rid of it" was smashing it to the ground. Today's watches are not the same, the brands have already succumbed to the worse part of capitalism....

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beauty!, October 14, 2011
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
I was a bit worried that the watch would be a bit big for me, but no it's not. It was a great price, and an amazing watch. Lots of great features, looks really cool, and is light and easy to wear. Only issues are the altitude reading is hard to set, and titanium is easily scratched.

4.0 out of 5 stars A technological masterpiece, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
WOW! The functionality of this product is fantastic. I love all the features it has and really will not go into details of each since you really should not be getting all the details from reviews. My gripes are with the altimeter feature. It just did not seem to be accurate when compared to the pro devices. I tested it while skydiving and it failed miserably. Still I would not have put all my faith on this device doing that type of activity anyway but it was a slight let down. I did not realize how convenient a perpetual calendar was till we got to the end of Feb and I had to do nothing on the watch to have the accurate day. Not just the end of Feb, the end of each month really. My only gripe is the titanium on this (which is widely reported all over the web and reviews here on Amazon) scratches too easily. When you spend this much on a watch you really want it looking pristine for as long as possible and I have babied it as it deserves. I will have to go to a mall and see how much more the steel version weighs in person to see what I missed out on cause the titanium version sure is light. All in all it would have gotten 5 stars if the metal did not scratch which is no fault of the Tissot itself. Oh yeah, it does get more comments than I anticipated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Watch for Pilots!, September 5, 2013
William O. Crabbe "Sojorrn" (Union City, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T0134204720200 T-Touch Expert Watch (Watch)
As a Pilot and a Tech Fan The Touch screen is an innovation that will be every pilots best friend. Compass, Altitude, Barometer, Timer, Temperature, Chrono & Alarms are a finger tap away. Plus the outer ring in degrees is a real plus when being told to turn to a degree by ATC in a busy cabin.
The only heads up is cutting the strap to fit your wrist. This is something that needs to be done one cut at a time instead of eyeball judgement. The clasp also can be used to adjust the size because it has three adjustment holes. The rubber band can cost as much $100.00 to replace if over cut! In addition the watch isn't one of those huge size monsters that bang into everything.
If you decide to pull the trigger on this watch you won't be disappointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›