Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on April 27, 2004
Tissot PRS200 is one of the best selling watches from the legendry watchmaker. The build quality and appeal of the product speaks for itself. This watch has got everything what an ideal quality watch should have. It has:
1. Sapphire glass
2. 200M/660FT water resistant
3. Chronograph
4. Rotating bezel dial.
The quality of the chain is A Grade and when gets dirty can be washed with warm water and soft detergent. The shine remains same for years. I have tried Tag Heur, Fossil, and DKNY but honestly I find this best. Nobody in the Swiss industry can beat the value for product, which only Tissot can give.
This is a great buy as you can always compare the features with a lot expensive watches. Moreover, Tissot is any day better than brands like Swatch, Esprit, and Fossil. The company which has been in watch making business since 1853 cannot be wrong or just average, it has to be cut above the rest and that what exactly Tissot is, and it is proved by the quality of PRS200.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2006
This is a great watch, I had the past model for 28 years and used it everyday. Swimming, scuba diving, nmountainbike riding, 28 years on my arm. A month ago it finally gave up and I asked for the exact model equivalent to the one I had, I was refered to this one, so I bought it and I'm expecting to use it for other 28 years.
on November 28, 2009
I bought this watch ten years ago. I wear it 15 hours a day- every day. It literally still looks new! Has some fine surface scratches on stainless face and band but you have to look close to see them. Once a year I change the battery (most any decent jewelry store), and a couple of times had to get a new pin to attach the band to case. Ten years and that's it!
- I have been a restaurant manager all of these years. My watch takes about as much abuse as you're ever going to give a watch. I bang this watch hard (on a daily basis) on just about any surface possible including steel, concrete, rock, glass, etc. There is not a single scratch on the sapphire crystal.
- The only time I have ever had to reset the time is when the battery is dying. Otherwise it matches the clock on my cell phone exactly.
- I'm constantly washing my hands at work. I swim with watch on, etc. No issues with watertight.
- Trying to think of more praise! Oh yeah, it looks great, solid feel, etc. Pix online don't do it justice. I couldn't decide between black face and "Sapphire Blue." Finally got the blue one which has some kind of finish to the dial face (ceramic?) that makes it pearlescent in light- very cool! Now that I noticed it online in black for $274 I'm seriously contemplating getting that too!
- Do yourself a favor and don't buy any more "disposable" $50-200 watches without a sapphire crystal. They may keep working for years but they look like crap in 6 months (if you wear your watch in an "abusive" environment).
- Tip from jeweler- once a week spray it with windex and wash it off. Makes stainless sparkle and gets rid of grime.
- Conclusion- just about the best $400 I can remember spending on any product!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2005
I've had this watch for nearly 4 years now and it has been very reliable and has remained water resistant for all this time. I highly recomend this watch but I also recomend that you select your watch in person.
on April 11, 2010
I got this watch as a gift from my wife.her brother bought it in Switzerland when he was there on buisness.I very seldom ever take it off. been snorkeling,diving,etc for years this watch has never leaked.I love the way it feels, just the right weight.I have gotten countless complimets over the years on how well it looks.It has taken a beating over the years,it has alot of tiny scratches on the band and face but the crystal is still perfect.Im planning to buy another one for casual and dress and keep this one for work. it still works great.I found if you turn off the second hand(top button) the battery lasts much longer. I would recomend this watch to anyone.I love it....
on December 16, 2003
I received a PRS 200 for a gift about two years ago. The crystal is great and has taken more abuse than a watch of this price should sustain. Needless to say, no scratches. The heft puts a smile on my face every morning when I put it on. I had an occasion to ding a chronograph button from very rough treatment - my dealer took VERY good care of me and Tissot squared everything away at no cost. I can't say enough about these watches. I plan on getting another Tissot soon, this time in gold finish. Forget Breitlings, and get a real timepiece for at least 1/4 the price.
on February 1, 2007
Have had this watch for the past 4 years, it's still beautiful and fits the perfect role of an everyday watch that isn't so fancy you're scared of wearing it but not so cheap looking you feel like a 10 year old. I agree with the other reviewer in that you should go see all watches in person, especially since there are many different styles within just this prs-200 model, I myself have a white face with blue circles.
on February 27, 2013
There is no doubt that the PRS 200 series of watches represent high quality equipment at an affordable price. At 153g this watch also has a decent weight to it (80g for the body and 73 for the strap).

The watches are a good size (42mm) with sunken sub-dials and easy to read luminous hands. The hour markings are clear and the square-cut date window is at the 4 o'clock position. The watch case is made of highly polished stainless steel and is sealed with a six point (jaxa) waterproof caseback featuring a Tissot crest engraving.

Obviously a sports watch, the key benefits include:
* scratch-resistant sapphire crystal watch glass
* a unidirectional rotating bezel with six toothed-rim sections and a prominent zero marker
* Swiss quartz (ETA G10.211) chronograph movement providing 10th of seconds/ seconds/ 30 min
* screw-down crown providing water-tightness to 200 metres (660 feet)
* an expander link section on the bracelet (extra 25mm) to enable it to be worn over a wetsuit

Mounted on a robust stainless steel strap, the deployment clasp employs a secondary locking clip with PRS200 in raised letters and a Tissot "T" in the centre of the main clasp.

I have enjoyed this watch for the last three years and it has kept good time.
on April 8, 2013
I've actually owned two. The first one, after 4 years, was lost. After a year of not having a good wrist watch, and looking at other, cheaper models, I ended up with another one PRS200, which I've now had for another 7 years.

This watch is great. Classic design, handsome, useful (I love having a chronograph and date) , precise, and smooth. I do mean that; this watch's band is the best I've ever worn. The links never stick, never catch my arm hair, have not broken or changed beyond occasionally gathering dirt and needing to be cleaned, and easily opens and closes. While the dial over the years has collected very minor/fine scratches (from being worn often), the crystal is perfect. Just a quick wipe on my shirt, and it's like brand new.

I would recommend this watch to anyone who likes a large (but not huge), classic mens watch. This is a great investment, and should anything happen to my current one, I'll be looking to Tissot for my next.

For color options, my first was with a blue face, and my current is in black. Both in a steel band, and both are great, eye-catching options.
on January 13, 2008
This watch is just what I was looking for. It looks as perfect dressed up in a button down shirt as it does with dressed down in a t-shirt and jeans. I love it!