5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch
Published on January 9, 2006 by Bryan A. Mick

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - get a Casio instead
The advantages of this watch: "gee wow" touch screen, heavy construction, sapphire, staus and prestige of the brand name.

The disadvantages:

* the digital display is often obscured by the analogue hands.

* the digital display is rudimentary - poor format for date, digits only.

* no countdown timer.

The...
Published on January 22, 2006 by A. Walker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - get a Casio instead, January 22, 2006
A. Walker (Victoria, Australia) - See all my reviews

The disadvantages:

* the digital display is often obscured by the analogue hands.

* the digital display is rudimentary - poor format for date, digits only.

* no countdown timer.

The competition:

If you really want a watch that does all the things routinely expected of a digital watch plus temperature, altitude and compass, look at Casio and Suunto. They have several models that do it all, with a clearer, more easily read display plus extra features like recording temperature and altitude. And they are cheaper.

In summary, the Tissot is for status, but if you want a tool that will do the job, get a Casio or Suunto.

I have had the Tissot for about 2 weeks. I will sell it and go back to my 15 year old Casio Alti-Thermo.

1.0 out of 5 stars The repair cost the same as a new watch, February 1, 2010
jegutier "jegutier" (Cali, Valle Colombia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tissot Men's T33158851 T-Touch Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I got my t-touch 18 months ago.
After 3 months began to malfunction, first the display started to go on and off; they changed the battery but still the same.
After 6 months the crystal stopped working, that means no touch functions anymore.
After 14 months the watch does NOT respond to any button. There is no way to set the time or anything.
Since the amazon warranty expired, I send to a Tissot service center and they said that I need to replace both the crystal and the module. The cost of the repair [...], almost the cost of a brand new unit.
I will never buy Tissot again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, January 9, 2006
I received this watch about four months ago. I still love it. Yes, as the previous review says, the altimeter needs to be calibrated constantly to get an accurate reading and the thermometer is only accurate when not wearing the watch (it's still handy though), but all the other functions work great. I find the compass most useful (and fun). The alarm and chronometer (stopwatch) work as advertised. The meteo takes some getting used to. I haven't found it very useful yet, but I'm still working it out and haven't given up on it yet.

Also, it's a great looking watch that I just enjoy wearing. Overall, this is the best watch I've ever owned - by far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, Horrible Tissot service, November 13, 2009
A Paddy (Aurora, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
I couldn't find a way to give less than 1 star for this or I would have. I have no complaints about the watch itself; it looks great and works well. The problems start when the batteries run out - which takes about a couple of years. I took my watch to an authorized dealer in IL to get the batteries changed and found out that the watch has to be shipped out to the manufacturer (Tissot) someplace in California. This was way back in August - I followed up with the IL dealer almost every week for 4 months and got absolutely no response about the status. The dealer tells me that it is hard to get a "person" to talk to at Tissot - they only respond by email !
Well its mid Nov now and I have just been told by the dealer that Tissot finally responded and I should get my watch back in another week. So that is about 4 1/2 months to get the batteries changed. This is the last Tissot watch I am buying

5.0 out of 5 stars The most balanced men's watch, March 25, 2007
Felix Sanchez (Bogota, Colombia) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for a watch combining style, beauty, comfort, swiss-made, quality and rich functionality, the Tissot T-touch is your best choice. Many watches of higher price offer no more than two or three of those characteristics. But the most impressive of the T-touch is the technology behind: all the functionality simply at the touch of your finger and presented both in analogic and digital way! For some of my friends it looks like magic...

I have many fine watches in my collection, but once I started to use the T-touch, by far, it became my favorite.

I have only some suggestions for future versions:

- Backlight.

- Second city date and time.

- A more intelligent algorithm to correct the effect of body temperature in the thermometer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself the dissapointment and anger a ttouch is sure to give you!, January 30, 2010
I have had mine for 3 years and during that time I have sent it back 4 times for a total time of 2 to 3 months each time.The first time they told me it would be 250 bucks to repair it. It was under warranty and thank goodness I was able to get it repaired for free. Now out of warranty I have lost one of the buttons (for the second time) and shortly after that the hands started going crazy and would not stop moving in a circle until 3 days later when it finally died. I love the watch and all it is supposed to do but unfortunately Tissot likes the service revenue it generates. It is a great looking watch however it doesn't do what a 20 dollar Timex will do and that is tell you the time. Something is wrong with this picture.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch - Cold Service, September 19, 2009
I received this watch from my wife for Christmas 7/8 years ago. After I'd had it a little less than 4 years it started to act a little flaky. It would lose time and the LCD would fade while you tried to manipulate the setting. To me this was classic dead battery behavior. Much to my surprise, I had to send the watch far away to a Tissot repair center to change a battery. I like the watch...really, so I sent it off. Two weeks later they send an estimate of $230 for 'complete maintenance service'. They noted scratches on the band and bezel, and called it 'sign of abuse'. Now, I repair hearing aids, and I understand a little about symptoms of failure in electronics. I think/thought it was a battery. But, I went ahead and paid. I got my watch back 3 1/2 weeks later.
Fast Forward to today. Once again my watch was having IDENTICAL symptoms. I would say it was a bad battery. I sent it to them specifying "replace Battery Only". Once again I get a letter back indicating the same scratches and suggesting abuse.(did I mention I repair hearing aids) Oh, and guess what...yep, they want another $230 for 'complete maintenance'.
I Thought that the $70 bucks they want to change a battery was a rip, but apparently that is not enough for them. In my opinion they are just scamming me. I would be curios to know if anyone has ever sent their watch for a battery change, and just got a battery change.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5+ Years of Great Experience, November 21, 2007
Vailmac (Edwards, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I'm about to order another T-Touch as a gift. I live outside of Vail, Colorado and my watch has been a faithful companion to the top of many 14,000' peaks, dunked in cold trout streams in Alaska, dipped in salt water and used as a compass on the flats of the Bahamas. It's clearly the most popular multi-function watch of outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen (and women) in our community. I see a lot of others on friends wrists and all are happy owners. One of the complaints I've read about is having to reset the altimeter. Because altimeters work on barometric pressure, of course you have to be cognizant of recalibrating. I've often watched the variance in altitude display change during a change of weather. So after five years of hard use I can happily say that this watch has been the best one I've ever owned. Still on the original battery and no scratches on the crystal!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Product - Don't Buy, June 9, 2010
S. Brewer (FAIRFAX STATION, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This is my second T-Touch and it's worst than the first. You'd be justified to ask, "If the first was so had, why would you buy another?" Simple - my wife gave me the initial one for our first anniversary. It crapped out in less than a year, so I had the battery changed which seemed to help for a month or so until it died again. I left it in my vehicle as a reminder to return it for service and it was stolen while I ran into a convenience store with the truck unlocked and windows down. Rather than admit to the Queen that I ignored her continuous warnings about leaving my truck unattended and having her generous gift ripped off, I bought an identical watch unbeknownst to her. Bad decision. In less than a year, it's died. Had another battery installed and now it arbitrarily beeps and the hands start spinning until I reset it, which temorarily holds for a few minutes, then off to the races... I'm out a lot of money for this POS and have little to show for it except a nice looking bracelet.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for the 'real' outdoors person, August 1, 2006
i bought mine at a jewlry store and was glad i did because of the problems ive had. it has been back for repair 3 times each time for more then a month. finally this last time the store insisted on new internal parts, i sure hope they did this. if you spend time outdoors i do long distance biking this watch is one you should avoid, its strictly for the wannabee outdoorsman one that looks the part but doesnt actually get stinky. the first repair the compass was bad the second was the analog hands stopped spinning and the third would not sync meaning the analog and digital times were different. get a sunto or a timex or something if you really do go outside. i give it 2 stars cuz of the cool name otherwise it would be less.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›