Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Titan Tools 15200 Precision Oiler
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on August 6, 2013
Sturdy, and well-built aluminum construction means that this will probably last me a long time.
I filled mine with Break Free CLP, and find it especially useful on revolver internals (under side plate).
Over-oiling guns gets you micro-fine oil spray in your face at the shooting range.
(Oily hands and stained grips and stocks too....)
This tool helps you avoid that situation.

No leaks observed from my pen. I recommend that you lightly coat the o-rings with silicone grease.
This keeps the o-rings supple and will afford a leak-proof seal.
I don't consider this pen a "precision oiler," but it's convenient, and the flow is controlled.

Try these Amazon items for precise oiling:

*Hoppe's Precision Lubricating Oil, 14.9ml Bottle E/F
*Darice Ultrafine Tip Applicator Bottle, 20ml
*IPS AAB4 Weld-On 1.25 oz Applicator Bottle with Needle
on December 3, 2010
I bought this for use in cleaning and lubing my firearms. I buy Weaponshield (CLP) in 32oz bottles, necessitating the need for a medium more appropiate for "precise" lubing/cleaning.

Works great putting a drop on a patch or on a bolt. I carry it with me to the range for re-lubing as the day goes on. Build quality seems good. I've only owned it about half a year, so time will tell. I've experienced no leaks, it uses o-rings on the cover and cap. Its perfect for CLP or other lubes that are more viscous in nature. The needle is on the "larger" side, so I couldnt reccomend it for something like rem-oil, kroil, or any thin machine oil.
on April 2, 2011
I filled this oiler with a machine tool oil
which is about as viscus as a low numbered weight synth. automotive engine oil.
it doesn't leak, But I wouldn't put an oil like WD-40 in it,
It doesn't have the fine precision point
as the cheapo plastic "squeeze type" precision oiler.

If you don't need a real precision point,
this is a nice oiler. Carry it in your pocket like
a pen or pencil, no leakage or staining, with the cap on.
on March 1, 2011
I purchased 3 of these, 2 as gifts and the last for myself. I'm impressed with the simplicity and sturdiness of the design. It's the size of a very large pen. The barrel is about the same diameter as a single AAA flashlight. Still, it does fit in the pen pockets on the sleeve of a Taclite shirt.

For those who haven't used an oiler of this type, there is a tapered brass plug in the tip of the needle. When you push the button, that plug extends outward and oil is able to flow past. Releasing the button immediately stops the oil flow. It's very controllable.

I don't think it will leak. I filled the reservoir with CLP from a 12-oz aerosol can. Apparently, it takes a while for the propellant to fully outgas. When I first used it, a bit of CLP shot out everywhere because it was still pressurized! But, if the oiler is capable of holding pressure like that, it's not going to leak all over the place. I recommend using a non-aerosolized oil, or waiting 10 minutes for an aerosolized version to completely outgas before sealing it up.

There aren't many negative comments to make. The threads in the cover appear a bit rough, but they function smoothly. There is no protection against inadvertent button presses, so the cap could potentially fill up with oil. Neither issue is very significant in my opinion.
on May 14, 2011
I purchased this to use with gear oil. You need to crack the top every 10 drops or so to enable the oil to continue flowing through it easily. However it doesn't leak the fluid and put's the oil where I need it like in lube holes and on chain links. Overall I'm happy with it.
on November 4, 2012
Clever concept, but I typically use WD-40 for minor lube jobs. As a another commenter noted, & I can verify from practice- this leaks like a sieve when filled with WD40! However, after switching to a synthetic 15w, it works fine, if a little slow. Probably better with a 10 or 5w oil- a balance between 'no-leak' & 'slow to deliver'.
on December 6, 2014
Item arrived on time and as described by seller. And yes, as described by others, it leaked. The "O" ring at the top of the pen, when laid on the pens side, will and did, leak around it. The problem: Too narrow an "O" ring. I put a thicker "O" ring on it and solved the problem with a better seal.
on October 1, 2015
This item totally leaked on me, seals failed; very disappointed.

Obviously it has worked for many others but I had bought this to use with Hoppe's No. 9 Lubricating Oil which is fairly thick oil. It leaked out of the tip when storing with the tip slightly down in tool drawer; the cap was screwed closed but when I opened the cap, oil spilled out, I then tried storing it the other way and it leaked out re-fill screw cap onto my tool drawer. I work in a shop that can get really hot (110+ degrees) in the summer and this may have to contributed to the leaking (not sure).

When trying to actually use it, pressing down on the plunger I was barely getting any oil. I had to wait for a while.

I would easily have given someone twice as much as I paid for this thing to not have to clean oil out of my tool chest. Glad I never put it in my pocket.

I also tried it with Mobil Vactra Way oil with it and it also failed. It's now somewhere resting at the local garbage dump.

PS> I did make sure the refill screw cap was tight
on February 3, 2014
filled with ballistol oil and it all leak out into my gun cleaning case saturating the case and other contents with oil poor seal
on June 27, 2013
Seems like a good build quality. Doesn't leak. BUT - When filled with CLP, it will only dispense one drop of oil. After that you have to open the top to let air in. The drop it dispenses is as big as a drop out of the regular CLP plastic bottle. It's really not any kind of "precision" and not very controllable. Bottom line for my use (lubing firearms) is that it's essentially useless. Simpler to just carry the plastic CLP bottle.