Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Titanfall - PC
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: PC|Edition: Standard|Change

on October 13, 2014
Fun game. Doesn't have a lasting appeal but it's fun as you rank up. Once you hit max rank, it's not as enjoyable because you have nothing else to unlock but I find myself logging in and having fun for an hour or so at a time.
on February 12, 2015
At first this game was pretty good, but as time went on there was no discipline of hackers, and it became a quagmire. It has no single player campaigns, so you are left with either cheating until they do something, or getting slammed a lot. Not much fun, probably will delete. Sad because it was a good premise.
on February 13, 2015
I have been a gamer for many years. I played the first Call of Duty, and was hooked ever since. When Titanfall came out, many people told me to try it out, but I waited for a while. First off, I bought the CD's which was a mistake. I guess I'm still old school, and feel like I have to have the "hard copy". I tried, but the game would not install. I'm in IT, so when I tell you I tried and it didn't work, it did not work! So I wound up downloading the game. After one round of play, I was instantly hooked. The graphics, sounds, game play, and community, all are far superior to any COD game out there. The servers are pretty stable, and I've been kicked once or twice, but that's really it. There is a storyline - NOTE this game is multiplayer ONLY-but no one really cares or even pays attention as far as I can tell. I can't wait for the next one. Hours of fun.
on April 6, 2016
Great Game. This game isn't new, it was developed in 2014, but it is still very fun to play. Titanfall is one of a kind; it embodies the traditional FPS with the added twist of an on demand powerful Mech. (Titan) Well worth the under $10, as long as you have 50GB of HDD space to donate to the graphics gods.
on December 30, 2014
Is not a bad game at all.Yes it does not have a campaing.You have to be online all the time.It dosen't have too much players.There is not a lot of customation and a few more things.The game however is something fresh and new.The best of this is the community.Respawn so far is a great company,they are allways helping people,fixing games problems,asking for new ideas and they are paying attention to the community.People ask for emblems,new modes and they did.They said we have to paid for the maps (DLC) but anything else is going to be free.I'm very sure they will learn from they mistakes and in the future they will make a much better game.
on June 6, 2014
I will be the first to admit that the inclusion of giant, pilotable robots in this FPS is a huge selling point for me. I love the Titans and I love Titan combat. The regular soldier mode, where you have a small jump pack that allows you to wall run and double jump, is also pretty awesome.

There are, however, several cons to this game that might dissuade other players.
Cons:
1. Low amount of customization. You only have a few options for weapons, perks etc and many of them are obviously underpowered compared to other configurations
2. 6 v 6 is the max. It is a bit frustrating for a 2014 shooter to limit the number of players per team to 6.
3. You are forced to play the "campaign" to unlock two Titan models but, at the time of this writing, no one is playing the campaign missions. Players, like me, who purchased this game after the second month after release are basically incapable of unlocking the other Titan models.

I feel as if Titanfall was rushed to production in order to meet the release deadline of the xbox one and ps4. This game has a ton of promise but, as it currently stands, didn't quite manage to bottle lightning.

Note: the 5-star rating is because I, personally and despite its many flaws, absolutely love the game. I do realize, however, that it does have many flaws and this is why I wrote about the cons.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2014
My friend told me to not even bother with the single player on this game, he said it was that bad. But I have given the multiplayer a try and I've very satisfied.

If you loved the multiplayer in Call of Duty 4, give this game a try. The former Infinity Ward members, now at Respawn Entertainment, did a great job building a multiplayer environment that is both fast paced and addicting (just like CoD4).

The game also runs great on PC, which seems to be asking a lot recently. Call of Duty: Ghosts, for example, runs like garbage on computers. The graphics look great and everything is incredibly smooth on my PC (I'm using an R9 290X, so a much older graphics card might struggle on the higher settings, as with most other computer games).

Overall, give Titanfall a try. It's a good break from Call of Duty and Battlefield, but don't expect the single player to be phenomenal.
on May 29, 2014
This game is fast and smooth on the source engine but to get all the graphics quality you will need a quad core and a GTX 760 or higher. I have a GTX 770 and it runs only on very high graphics at 60 fps. Insane is the highest level but the difference between high, very high, and insane is minimal especially when you are playing at full speed. I like the fact that I can have fun playing this game and don't have to worry about kill/point streaks raining down every 5 seconds.
on April 13, 2014
First off installation was easy. first sign into your origin account, then insert the first disk and run it, then origin will prompt you to enter the serial key, put that in and from there it starts downloading, it will pause and ask you to put in the second disc, then third disc.
The best part is that unlike steam, you get to actually download off of the disc instead of the origin store, so it takes like 40 minutes.

The game is really fun it is call of duty meets mirrors edge, meets robots.
on December 14, 2015
Love the game, five stars for that (review is on Origin if interested), but this product review is really about the installation media. While the installation itself was relatively easy and without issue (tested on both windows 8.1 and windows 10) I do have one complaint though.... It has 3 DISCS! While I can I clicked download and queued up three 40Gb games to install overnight from steam I had to put disc one in, come back some time later for disc two and then again for disc three. Its 2015 people - either give me a blueray disc with the contents of all three CDs or better yet send me a flash drive instead of a CD; I'd love to see a company do that. Anyway, ranting aside, I have to give props for the bug-free installation.